Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Smile
jimbo
post 10th May 2009, 12:02pm
Post #1

Resident
Member No.: 6,826
in the 1960's does anyone remember the big heed portraying the happy smile coming round the classes at school and if you had been keeping your teef clean you became a member of the club and you got a badge does anyone still have their badge or even their teef
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
**Dan**
post 10th Aug 2016, 10:51am
Post #2

Hi - yes I remember this. I am sure that it was Larry Marshall that wore the 'big' head (you could see his face through the hole for the mouth). He came to our school with a couple of helpers to keep his head balanced. I remember the excitement from the pupils in the class when we saw him crossing the playground towards our class. He had to duck to get in the door, then quizzed us on whether we were brushing our teeth. I remember we were given a diary type card where you recorded how often you brushed you teeth. I was in Primary 3 at St Joseph's Primary School in Busby/Clarkston - I would have been 7 then - so 1963. Fireball XL5 was my life and TV21 my comic... happy memories.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.