Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Tent Hall
*Tally Rand*
post 23rd Apr 2015, 01:30pm
Post #46

QUOTE (phyllis.b @ 6th Feb 2013, 12:48am) *
I learned of the Tent Hall from friends Bill and Helen Steel who attended Pastor Arthur Campbells church "Hermon Baptist"where I got saved in 1965. I also enjoyed going to the meetings at the Tent Hall and remember Ian Paisley preaching there. We knew Dr Kelly and attended meetings at his house at Queens Park on a Sunday night after church. Yes we remember a Zulu Pastor called Pastor Duma praying for Dr Kelly's son to be healed and he was! This Pastor Duma had also raised three people from the dead!

What was the cause of death on the certificate before they were "Rose Up"????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*dehedger*
post 14th Jun 2015, 12:07pm
Post #47

Have not been on line here in ages. I see Iainson has posted. My sister Ruthie named her only son (she has three daughters) after you! We visited your family from the states and spent ages with you and yours. Went on a long walk with you and you recited an entire chapter from the bible which impressed me! Irene Kapika (Harrison). Ruth Dryburgh is my dad's sister and I am in touch with her son George. We have been blessed with a wonderful family and family history!

+Quote Post
**Isobel**
post 28th Aug 2015, 12:09pm
Post #48

QUOTE (MissT @ 5th Jul 2007, 11:46pm) *
I went to the Tent Hall in the Saltmarket I think it was,near to the Glsgow green. I was in my early teens then and attended the services with other teens.. Rab, Douglas, Jinty, were just a few.. There was Ron Chalmers who was a youth leader and I think he was also a policeman. A couple who used to be missionaries in the congo Mgt and Bill Gilvear. I wonder if anyone else remembers that church..

+Quote Post
**Isobel**
post 28th Aug 2015, 12:13pm
Post #49

Bill Gilvear's funeral service was held in Falkirk last week. He had been ill for some time.

I also attended the Band of Hope in the Ferguson Memorial Church in Palermo St, Springburn, where we had to pledge not to "buy, nor sell nor give strong drink to others while I live ..........."

+Quote Post
*james shaw*
post 15th Sep 2015, 10:22pm
Post #50

I went to tent hall early sixties. Remember peter McCabe went to Dunoon on holiday with the cripple league my late mum and dad were Samuel and Agnes Shaw city mission workers and Tollbooth mission Gallowgate.

God bless you all. I am James Shaw age 62 anyone remember me?

I was saved age 10 in tent hall did backslide but now safe in Jesus again praise God bring a revival again.

God bless you all.

James or Jimmy Shaw.

+Quote Post
Lilian
post 8th Jun 2016, 03:26pm
Post #51

Visitor
Member No.: 32,763
I read on here about Bill Gilvear and his book so I ordered it and have just finished it.I was just about speechless with the sheer grit,determination and strong faith of this man even in the face of what to many of us would be insurmountable tribulations.A truly great man and loyal servant of God.I have never been to the Tent Hall but it sounds a wonderful place.I wonder if it's still in use.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.