Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Centre Street School, Between 1960 and 1966
*jock kerr*
post 16th Jan 2012, 12:41pm
Post #1

Hi anyone out there that went to centre street primary school between 1960 and 1966?

I stayed at the fire station across the road and went around with Matt Hooper, Andrew Mccance, Robert Brady, Jamie Mcqaurrie, Andrew Mcconnel to name but a few.

Do you remember Mrs Sclomka the German headteacher and Mr Pollock the janny?

Used to go to the Bedford cinema every Saturday afternoon.

It would be good to hear from anyone who was in my class or stayed in the fire station or around about it

Other names that come to mind are Catherine, Ann and Billy Mcfarlane, Daniel and Elizabeth Kemmet, George Gerbex, Kevin Sweeney, Samuel Mclean, Ian Mclean.

cheers Jocko.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*IAIN McLEAN*
post 12th Jul 2015, 11:06pm
Post #2

I was at centre street school in the early sixties and lived at 52 Nelson Street was pals with Gordon Mccance and David Kerr who both lived in the fire station.

+Quote Post
**Robert keenan**
post 6th Apr 2016, 10:17pm
Post #3

Hi I went to centre St school from 1959 to 1966, remember the fire station well, I palled with Matt hooper, had a pal Jim Kerr? I think, I stayed in Nelson Street.

+Quote Post
*Sally kean*
post 12th Apr 2017, 11:15pm
Post #4

Hi I went to Centre street school but before 1960. Probably started around 1953. Miss Schlomka was there then. Also I remember Miss McFeat. Loved my time there. We lived at 66 Nelson Street. Now live in Australia. Was sad to see it was no longer there. Sally (Hughes) Kean.

+Quote Post
*Katherine Finlayso*
post 6th May 2017, 09:57am
Post #5

Hullo, ....I went to centre street school 1963 to 1966, Miss Schlock used to take the class to the swimming baths and she taught me how to swim, I used to live in West Street at that time, other people I remember who also went to Centre Street school where, ...Marine Muldoon, Penny Angus, Hilda Mckay, Janet Kerr , Tam Kerr, Robert Buchanan, Senga and Jamie Mcmillan, Robbie Finlayson (Musie),....if anyone who went to Centre Street school around 1963 to 1966 and has the school class photos of the pupils, could you please please post them I would love to find myself and old pals, Thank You. 😊👍

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.