Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Man In Newcastle!, A joke.
carmella
post 7th Apr 2020, 04:22pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
A man in Newcastle walked into the produce section of his local supermarket and asked to buy half a head of lettuce.

The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole heads of lettuce.

The man was insistent that the boy ask the manager about the matter.

Walking into the back room, the boy said to the manager,----
"Some old bastard outside wants to buy half a head of lettuce."

As he finished his sentence, he turned around to find that the man had followed and was standing right behind him, so the boy quickly added, ---- "and this gentleman kindly offered to buy the other half."

The manager approved the deal and the man went on his way.

Later, the manager said to the boy..........."I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier, we like people who can think on their feet here, where are you from son?"

"New Zealand, sir," ---- the boy replied.

"Why did you leave New Zealand?" ----the manager asked.

The boy said, ----"Sir, there's nothing but prostitutes and rugby players there."

"Is that right?" ---- replied the manager,--- "My wife is from New Zealand!"

"Really?" ---- replied the boy, ---- "Who did she play for?"
sign_lol.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 8th Apr 2020, 12:39am
Post #2

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
Boom Boom, Carmella!

As I just missed out on selection for the National team, I've decided to hang up my boots!

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
carmella
post 8th Apr 2020, 07:54am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (Scots Kiwi Lass @ 8th Apr 2020, 01:39am) *
Boom Boom, Carmella!

As I just missed out on selection for the National team, I've decided to hang up my boots!

Good on you girl laugh.gif laugh.gif

The chap across the way from me is a rugby player, he’s had many caps for the Scotland side. Of course no games happening right now.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 8th Apr 2020, 07:58am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (carmella @ 8th Apr 2020, 08:54am) *
Good on you girl :lol: :lol:

What she didn’t tell you Carmella is , it was ma granny that got her place!

Danny

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 8th Apr 2020, 08:13am
Post #5

City Key Holder
Danny, I was looking forward to the Scotland team coming here to play the All Blacks (I think in July). Now that will probably not happen of course. One of Canterbury's bright young players, left NZ to try his luck in Scotland. His name is Sean Maitland and he has played several games for Scotland.

When I saw the ABs playing Scotland at Murrayfield in 2007, I bought a scarf with one side Scotland's colours and the other side the All Blacks. I love it. It was my first trip to Murrayfield. I enjoyed the day but was disappointed there were no pipe bands and announcements were made in French but then France was hosting the World Cup with some games contracted out to other countries.

Cheers,
Betty

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 8th Apr 2020, 09:51am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Scots Kiwi Lass @ 8th Apr 2020, 09:13am) *
Danny, I was looking forward to the Scotland team coming here to play the All Blacks (I think in July). Now that will probably not happen of course. One of Canterbury's bright young players, left NZ to try his luck in Scotland. His name is Sean Maitland and he has played several games for Scotland.

When I saw the ABs playing Scotland at Murrayfield in 2007, I bought a scarf with one side Scotland's colours and the other side the All Blacks. I love it. It was my first trip to Murrayfield. I enjoyed the day but was disappointed there were no pipe bands and announcements were made in French but then France was hosting the World Cup with some games contracted out to other countries.

Cheers,
Betty

Thanks Betty. I am glad you haven’t taken the huff! I am having a wee laugh. You have a scarf, one side of which supports Scotland, the other side of it supports New Zealand, but the announcements are made in French! I would have demanded my money back.

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 9th Apr 2020, 11:18am
Post #7

City Key Holder
On the contrary, Danny, I love my scarf. It sums me up completely - Made in Scotland but now a New Zealand citizen. That day at Murrayfield was very special to my daughter and I. We were surrounded by Scottish and New Zealand fans. Next to me there was a French couple, living in Scotland and supporting the All Blacks. My NZ born daughter was very taken with a tall handsome Scot in a kilt sitting next to her. A very good natured crowd too. Rugby is a multi-cultural sport and I have learnt to love it over the last 40 years.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 9th Apr 2020, 01:33pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Scots Kiwi Lass @ 9th Apr 2020, 12:18pm) *
On the contrary, Danny, I love my scarf. It sums me up completely - Made in Scotland but now a New Zealand citizen. That day at Murrayfield was very special to my daughter and I. We were surrounded by Scottish and New Zealand fans. Next to me there was a French couple, living in Scotland and supporting the All Blacks. My NZ born daughter was very taken with a tall handsome Scot in a kilt sitting next to her. A very good natured crowd too. Rugby is a multi-cultural sport and I have learnt to love it over the last 40 years.

Great to learn you had a very enjoyable time in Scotland, haste ye back when this Coronavirus is over.
The wee guy staunin next to ye will be me.

Best regards

Danny

+Quote Post
zascot
post 9th Apr 2020, 03:17pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
Did`nt realise New Zealand had a Rugby team Betty. biggrin.gif Watched them here in Johannesburg. Always a passionate game Boks v All Blacks.

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 9th Apr 2020, 10:10pm
Post #10

City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 9th Apr 2020, 03:17pm) *
Did`nt realise New Zealand had a Rugby team Betty. biggrin.gif Watched them here in Johannesburg. Always a passionate game Boks v All Blacks.

I agree, Zascot, there is always something special in a Springboks v All Blacks game - always enjoy them.

Missing the Super Comp so much. It has been a big part of our Winter sports coverage here.

All the best. KIA KAHA

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.