Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

40 Pages V  « < 38 39 40  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scotland's Big Team, The tartan army
Betsy2009
post 4th Dec 2015, 10:46am
Post #586

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
It's because they've lost the will to live because they're being made to wear bright pink.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 5th Dec 2015, 12:12am
Post #587

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Speaking as someone who played football, and even playing for an amatuer team that won the league title, my own personal feeling is that the outfit you wear definitely has a psychological affect on how you play.

Our school strip was all black. I hated it. The team which I played in that won the league, played in either Hearts colours or Hibs colours. You just felt great wearing these strips.

Grown men can't possibly feel good in pink, c'mon give the lads a break! Get back to our traditional national dark blue.

Dannny

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 5th Dec 2015, 09:31am
Post #588

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
The All Blacks Haka wouldn't have had the same impact if they'd been the All Pinks.

By the way, Danny, not all grown women want to wear pink either - at least not to work. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GG
post 4th Sep 2016, 10:42pm
Post #589

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
A good start to the World Cup qualifiers for Scotland...

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 5th Sep 2016, 03:08pm
Post #590

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
An interesting game to watch in the second half but did not really think that we deserved that kind of win. Thought the first sending off was a bit harsh but we will take the points as anything else would have been a very poor start.

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 12th Oct 2016, 02:57pm
Post #591

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
Oh well.... same old same old!! sad.gif

Scotland drew at home to Lithuania and then were beaten big time by Slovakia 3-0.

Next game.... England at Wembley. Last chance saloon even though it is early.

+Quote Post
GG
post 1st Nov 2016, 10:34pm
Post #592

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Disgraceful.
Fifa has turned down a request from England and Scotland for players to wear armbands featuring poppies on Armistice Day, the Scottish FA says.

England play Scotland in a World Cup qualifier at Wembley on 11 November, the day when the United Kingdom traditionally remembers its war dead.

SFA chief Stewart Regan says Fifa, which bans political, religious or commercial messages on shirts, is "sticking to the letter of the law".

The FAs hope to change Fifa's mind.

MP Damian Collins - chair of the Commons' Culture, Media and Sport select committee - has written to Fifa president Gianni Infantino asking for the world governing body to reconsider its decision.

Separately, the Football Association of Wales says it is seeking approval for its players to wear the poppy symbol on their shirts when they play Serbia at the Cardiff City Stadium on 12 November.

The football associations of England, Scotland and Wales also want to know what the potential punishments could be should they decide to flout the rules.

Fifa, football's world governing body, has not indicated whether a points penalty would be under consideration.

Regan said he and FA chief executive Martin Glenn would be meeting Fifa officials on Thursday to discuss the poppy issue.

"We will be asking for their support to try to give the people of England and Scotland what they want," Regan told BBC Radio 5 live.

"That is to use this match of a way of remembering people who lost their lives in the war.

"I can understand why they are doing this, but it is nothing more than a mark of respect. It is a personal choice. This is not about making some political point." [...]

Full story here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37832115

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 2nd Nov 2016, 08:11am
Post #593

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I agree GG, and I find it hard to comprehend how they see the poppy as a political symbol. Hopefully a compromise solution will be found before the game.

Can I also say how much I detest the pink strip that Scotland intend to play in. Some may say that it matter little what the team wears but I don't subscribe to that. Get this horror strip binned ASAP.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 38 39 40
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.