Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ' Leisure ' - Hobbies,, Leisure must include hobbies etc?
serabash
post 16th Feb 2015, 03:42pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
serabash
post 16th Feb 2015, 03:45pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 16th Feb 2015, 11:22pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Very impressive drawings serabash. Are you sure you are just a beginner? Well done!

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
serabash
post 16th Feb 2015, 11:47pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
thanks danny, aye I have always doodled but nothing more than eyes and faces then last year after I lost my husband I thought I would buy some teach yourself to draw books and this is the result, I know I still have a lot to learn but I am quite chuffed with what I have managed so far.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 17th Feb 2015, 09:29am
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Well done Serabash, your drawings are brilliant. I'm like you, I've always doodled and now that I'm retired my family are always on at me to take it up again. You've put me in the notion. laugh.gif Mind you the auld eyes are not so good as they once were. Keep it up, I think you've done brilliantly well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
serabash
post 17th Feb 2015, 11:52am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
thanks melody I would send you the books if you like. just pm me , they have helped me loads.x

+Quote Post
Melody
post 17th Feb 2015, 12:10pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Aw that is so kind of you Serabash however I have absolutely no excuse not to start again as I've got materials and books ( in the bottom of the wardrobe.) blush.gif blush.gif I was in The Art Store in Queen Street yesterday just having a wee potter around. Well done you though. confidence is the thing as always. smile.gif

+Quote Post
serabash
post 17th Feb 2015, 05:12pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
look forward to seeing your efforts melody , get the pencils out. x

+Quote Post
Rab
post 17th Feb 2015, 07:42pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
Thanks for making the thread more interesting folks, really good subjects showing off personal talent worth sharing.
Your hobby doesn't need to be a successful one, just interesting.
I have a friend who collects sheets of toilet paper wherever he goes and posts them in an album like photies!! He is a world traveller and although this a sounds daft collecting habit, he makes fun comments on the quality of the item, good or bad, it makes for fun and an interesting read. I particularly remember one sheet from a hotel somewhere in Russia which looked and felt like sandpaper!
I used to collect sugar packet labels and finished up with nearly 2000 before I gave then to a really serious collector who had over 5,000, from the Concorde (highest flying commercial aircraft) to a hotel on the Dead Sea, the lowest point on the Earth surface. There is actually a society for these collectors!
Any other collectors out there? Competition nuts? Fetishists? ohmy.gif (OK that was tongue in cheek!). Gardening freaks? Lets see your melons! Anything else.

My ancestors came to Lewis in one like this ... only a wee bit bigger!
Attached Image

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post
Heather
post 17th Feb 2015, 08:54pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
My favourite pastime is Knitting especially children's Aran Sweater's as they are so quick and easy to knit. I use up the left over wool to knit children's glove's and mitts.

I hand them in to our Parish Christmas Fete as they get sold off quite cheap and I was told many mother's are glad to buy them to keep their children warm in Winter.

Other then knitting and using the Laptop I read a lot, but I don't like the two books I got out the LIbrary last week, so I have dug out some of my Maeve Binchy books as I love all her books.
The one I am re-reading is Scarlet Feather.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 17th Feb 2015, 09:19pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
QUOTE (Rab @ 6th Feb 2015, 08:34am) *
That's a lovely ship Billy and credit to you for building it. A very challenging build. I took on a project 2 years ago to rebuild a wrecked model of the 'ESMERALDA', the Chilean Navy training ship which is the only square rigger I have attempted but it was worth it as she was a lovely sight on the watter when I had finished her.
Rigging was very demanding as she had 19 sails !!.

Click photo as enlargement much better view.

[attachment=48404:Esmerald...ng_small.jpg]
Beautiful model!....I saw the real McCoy a few years ago when she came to Long Beach,CA.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 17th Feb 2015, 09:21pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
Lot's of talent showing up on the thread!....I saw 'serabash's' drawings before,she's a talented Lass also!

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 18th Feb 2015, 01:35pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Serabash, way to go kid tongue.gif Well done wink.gif

Rab, I wonder if your friend has among his collection a sample of a toilet roll which is on the market here and is called "Happy End" biggrin.gif
I'm not so happy with it myself as it is of the finger-through-the-paper quality. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
serabash
post 18th Feb 2015, 02:23pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
thanks folks.x thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
Rab
post 18th Feb 2015, 07:47pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 18th Feb 2015, 01:52pm) *
Serabash, way to go kid Well done

Rab, I wonder if your friend has among his collection a sample of a toilet roll which is on the market here and is called "Happy End" biggrin.gif
I'm not so happy with it myself as it is of the finger-through-the-paper quality.

He may well have Tomi! he was a member of the Diplomatic Service and moved around all the High Commissions in the Commonwealth and some Embassies collecting their bog-paper samples unbeknownst to them laugh.gif
He even categorised different airlines and one page in his album was blank to represent the flight where they ran out!!! laugh.gif
To entertain the children in our local park, I am building a speedboat which will carry Mr Toad, Mole, Badger and Ratty and will be called 'Messing About' as in the book. My intended crew found their way into my workshop last week and were eager to try out the boat before it is even finished.
I caught the wee rascals playing hide & seek!
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jul 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.