Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

107 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rangers Football Club, Scottish football
jimmyd
post 2nd Sep 2012, 10:12pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
QUOTE (Dylan @ 2nd Sep 2012, 08:43pm) *
Firstly Archie,well done in creating a Rangers Thread.

Lets hope the Rangers haters will restrict their venom to the " Old Firm " Thread.

No one needs to tell us about our faltering start I expected and accepted, or the nightmare we have experienced and accepted.

A good result today.

I hope we have now put down a marker and I look forward to what I think will be where we should be. Just let us get on with it.

BTW

WATP. :

Good luck with the thread guys..I agree with you Dylan ,keep the crap out of it.. I hope though that goes it both ways , don't let the mindless idiots take over.

Must say , I am bemused with young Templetons move.. he must be on some big bucks to opt for the lowest division..given he was being watched by some of the big money clubs , from down south. Good luck to the lad.. good wee player.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 2nd Sep 2012, 11:30pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
46.000, that is some crowd for a third division match, a lot more than most of the English premier games.
And yes Jimmy I totally agree with you on Templeton, a great player, but I am really surprised that he opted for Rangers.

+Quote Post
A Mackinnon
post 3rd Sep 2012, 12:08am
Post #18

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,012
QUOTE (Foxy52 @ 2nd Sep 2012, 10:48pm) *
What did you think of the referee today? There were a few dodgy moments, anyone agree?
Foxy

The referee had a really poor game...period! I sometime think they are trying to completely rid the game of hard tackles....."touch" football anyone?

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 3rd Sep 2012, 02:18am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,796
I think that as long as Rangers are in the third div.. They will be helping Scottish Football in general. Increased revenues and TV exposure. Goals were scored today in the third div. more than in the whole of SPL.Biggest gate in Scotland second biggest to epl. Younger players are getting their skills honed as would a trade Apprentice. If some of you guys were taught by a good tradesman then you were a helluva lot better than most when you went out into the rat race. I think Ally`s doing a good job for the run ahead and will climb the Divs.,with an ever improving team and whether the SPL is still alive and kicking we will be there.

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 3rd Sep 2012, 08:24am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
QUOTE (jimmyd @ 2nd Sep 2012, 11:27pm) *
Good luck with the thread guys..I agree with you Dylan ,keep the crap out of it.. I hope though that goes it both ways , don't let the mindless idiots take over.

Must say , I am bemused with young Templetons move.. he must be on some big bucks to opt for the lowest division..given he was being watched by some of the big money clubs , from down south. Good luck to the lad.. good wee player.

A fair and common sense response Jimmy. !

Young Templeman supported Celtic as a schoolboy, although his Father is a Rangers Fan.

I think we have to accept that his move to Rangers is down to moneyand there is nothing wrong with that.?

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 3rd Sep 2012, 08:53am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
QUOTE (Tennscot @ 3rd Sep 2012, 04:33am) *
I think that as long as Rangers are in the third div.. They will be helping Scottish Football in general. Increased revenues and TV exposure. Goals were scored today in the third div. more than in the whole of SPL.Biggest gate in Scotland second biggest to epl. Younger players are getting their skills honed as would a trade Apprentice. If some of you guys were taught by a good tradesman then you were a helluva lot better than most when you went out into the rat race. I think Ally`s doing a good job for the run ahead and will climb the Divs.,with an ever improving team and whether the SPL is still alive and kicking we will be there.

Well said Jim.
Yes hopefully the smaller clubs will get some money out of this to improve their grounds and facilities.
Ever been to Glebe park? biggrin.gif
This is great for Scottish football in general, as I have being saying for ages, time to get rid of this shower of no-hopers who think that they are doing a good job at running the SPL and in general, Scottish football.
Looking forward to seeing Rangers playing Brechin next season. happy.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Sep 2012, 09:12am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (mitchell @ 3rd Sep 2012, 10:08am) *
Looking forward to seeing Rangers playing Brechin next season. happy.gif

Anymore results like the 1 - 3 defeat at home to Alloa on Saturday Mitch and they may well pass them on the way down tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 3rd Sep 2012, 10:09am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 3rd Sep 2012, 11:27am) *
Anymore results like the 1 - 3 defeat at home to Alloa on Saturday Mitch and they may well pass them on the way down tongue.gif

Singing " Pick Me Up On Your Way Down. " biggrin.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 3rd Sep 2012, 12:24pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Aye Mitchell Petershill Park looks like Ibrox compared to some of them. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
A Mackinnon
post 3rd Sep 2012, 01:52pm
Post #25

Super Lord Provost
Have you noticed the most used phrase's amongst the Rangers supporters now when they are talking about "away" games..."where is it"...."how dae yea get there"..."whits it like"?

Nobody can say the local economy doesn't get a boost when the traveling support come into town, which in turn can only boost the tourist industry. Maybe the Gers getting shafted by the SPL isn't such a bad thing for Scottish football after all!!

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 3rd Sep 2012, 02:06pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
Yes Mac I agree and we will be helping out our old friends in Motherwell with their fianances. McCall sez "Good we need the money" thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
A Mackinnon
post 3rd Sep 2012, 02:20pm
Post #27

Super Lord Provost
Hope wee McCall doesn't forget himself & throw on the wrong colours tongue.gif Always liked him as a player & as a "Rangers" man!!!

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 3rd Sep 2012, 04:20pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
My SIL, who lives in Horsham, is a Motherwell supporter ,so he will be looking for free digs when he comes up !!

On his first visit to my house , when he started going out with my Daughter, he was wearing a Rangers away top ( white ).

That's Steel Men for you. rolleyes.gif

Was in Horseshoe Bar today , had reasonable discussion with some staff and punters and agreed,we will skate it smile.gif

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 4th Sep 2012, 09:24am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
A hearty welcome to The Rangers Topic.

Am I expecting it to be free from vitriol and bias? No
Do we even WANT it to be? lol Probably not.

I wondered last night, if this would be the beginning of the end, for the Old Firm Thread. S'pose we'll just have to wait and see. Certainly it seems to be rather redundant for a couple of years.

I think I might start a 'Preston North End' thread (only joking).

Just thinking, youve increased GG's work load - having to keep an eye on the PAIR of ye's lol laugh.gif

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
tombro
post 4th Sep 2012, 09:35am
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,289
Davy,

There still could be a couple of 'Old Firm' matches each year, in the League Cup and the Scottish Cup !

What are the odds that, in both cases this year, the final will be an 'Old Firm' battle ?

Tombro rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Today is the first day of the rest of your life !

+Quote Post

107 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Dec 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.