Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

149 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celtic Football Club, Scottish football
hubert
post 23rd Dec 2010, 05:15pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
Reading two internet papers today The Scotsman and The Times its my usual concern around this time approaching the January signing players window, very little will happen.
Lennon is mentioning a striker and defender are needed or words to that affect, how often do Celtic fail to sign good quality players, I aint holding my breath once again at this time.
Another thing he Lenny has been heard saying that Brown can lead the charge, well to me that is very scary, having watched Brown since he came to Celtic I havnt seen any in his game that would tell me Brown could lead anything in regards to fitba. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 23rd Dec 2010, 06:56pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,459
Hi companero me tae, this guy gies me the impression he wid need a guide dug tae get him hame . As fer quality player's the oirish owner him o the billions salted awie in some ex nuclear vault mile's unner ground, rabbit's aboot his family an him an his family's love fer celtic yep an he sure's show's it buying players that ye would ah got fer nufkin doon the auld Bridget market, and why not he wis wace heard tae say in his defence it's paddy's market begorrah by fer noo huebert luv yoo babe. laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
hubert
post 23rd Dec 2010, 07:19pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
"this guy gies me the impression he wid need a guide dug tae get him hame". biggrin.gif
Right away thats funny cannae stop laughin!
Neil Lennon has NOT got a decent regular team arranged and for me the reality is, even IF and its a big IF he got two stars into the team, I still feel he will struggle.
Anyhoo its no January yet, we shall see!
Merry Christmas auldbutcher, I might no be religious but its a good time of year!

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 23rd Dec 2010, 09:16pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Jasus religion huebert lead tae mair slaughter since the beginning o time ,Rome wie its gods an false idols saw the Christian's as ah threat they in turn persecuted the jew's etc etc ,the tribe's o south America offered human sacrifices up tae there sun god serpent god ,and noo we hiv a demented sect o the muslim religion wanting tae kill aw an sundry right up tae the followin sutterday if you isnae ah believer ,Allah wie the noo, hope Dermot funny name his ah Christmas Carol experience bein visited by celik managers past and mends his wies ,see's him sell as a young man who wis spurned by a celtic managers daughter and was frugal tae every manager since, Chas Dickens am sorry am ah plagiarist ponce rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
hubert
post 23rd Dec 2010, 11:47pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
I was listening to an interview Lenny was getting in the BBC site, he was happy with the team saying numerous things, one being we created many chances but did not take them in the game.
Goodness bloody gracious in the game he says, does he no remember Celtic have been doing that in many games this season, yes being the better team in possesion percentage wise and more or less dominating the game, but ffs Lenny scoring goals is part of the process in games for good results, why the hell cant you do something about that?
Nope sports fans I aint buying the bullshite that its the players, the problem lies with THOSE running the team and club, and that includes Lenny and Co not just the BOARD!

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 24th Dec 2010, 12:13am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
HUBERT as usual yer on the money that is mair or less my statement tae an auld timoloy i met this morn when getting my papers ,the team is third Reich who bought them ? lennie whit was it he said judge me on my ain team ,sorry len ,i sentence you tae five years breed an water .

+Quote Post
irrie
post 24th Dec 2010, 02:20am
Post #7

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
If Celtic lose the Rangers game do you think Lennon will keep his job.?

+Quote Post
hubert
post 24th Dec 2010, 03:31am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (irrie @ 24th Dec 2010, 02:58am) *

If you mean will he be fired right after that game, my answer would be no, Celtic lost the last game they played and he didnt lose his job!

+Quote Post
hubert
post 24th Dec 2010, 04:33pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Evening Times.
"Boydy wont be new bhoy"

Kris Boyd is on the way out at Middlesborough after only six months
Ronnie Cully
24 Dec 2010

Well I am glad of that nothing to do with his goal scoring prowess or fitba period, but he sure is an oddball that guy!

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 25th Dec 2010, 11:08am
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Mornin huebert merry Christmas see yer still getting pelters on the auld firm thread ,i left a wee wind up message biggrin.gif ,noo here a thing i have had a few meals at Ibrox and iwies found every thing tae first class have benn in the rangers club on numerous occasions played pool wie workmates the pool table's in there have royal blue cover's ain't that funny.

Anywies the wife and i have enjoyed the hospitality sunday's were good wee dance and every thing cool,who widdda i hiv liked tae hae my foto taken wie weel when younger Willie WOODBURN or big GEORDIE Young, later on Wee Willie Henderson ,or Davie Cooper ,doe's that make me a peyed up member o the gers fan club . rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
weeshuggie
post 25th Dec 2010, 12:59pm
Post #11

City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,392
QUOTE (irrie @ 24th Dec 2010, 01:58am) *

I think so, I hope we don't lose it but time will tell. Sad the cold weather has gave Rangers a break and the chance for their injured to recover, that could be the biggest result for them but then maybe we'll get the chance to gel this team together.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 25th Dec 2010, 03:16pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Merry Christmas auldbutcher.
Yes still getting pelters in the old firm thread, then I noticed another novice comes on to tell the GG members whit tae dae and no come to this thread! LMAO laugh.gif
I have been in a Rangers club before in Toronto Missisauga years ago, right away I recognised quite a few and had a great time.
I also coached the very first Toronto Celtic club team in Toronto the year after I played for them in 1966.
Was in the Clydebank Masonic club near the Dalmuir bridge with old pals and met guys and an auld supervisor I had when I was an apprentice in Singers, and had a good time, late 70s or early 80s!
Cannae wait for the game on the 2nd of January, thats if its still on?

+Quote Post
hubert
post 25th Dec 2010, 03:25pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (weeshuggie @ 25th Dec 2010, 01:37pm) *
I think so, I hope we don't lose it but time will tell. Sad the cold weather has gave Rangers a break and the chance for their injured to recover, that could be the biggest result for them but then maybe we'll get the chance to gel this team together.

The way both teams are organised I would regard a win for Celtic a wee miracle, even a draw wont do us anygood.
You use the word gel, last year many said this and it didnae happen, Lenny has had the team awe season, and that goes back to preseason games and for me there is nae sign of it on any horizon, so my question on the word gel what year do you suppose this could happen, and do you think Lenny is capable of doing this?
Merry Christmas weeshuggie!

+Quote Post
weeshuggie
post 25th Dec 2010, 04:12pm
Post #14

City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,392
Well Hubert it is Christmas Day and I am living in hope Santa will deliver my dream. When I'm finished wae the 18 year old blond nymphomaniac I'll also be hoping for Celtic to deliver that wee miracle next week along wae two good results before hand. Always look on the bright side of life..... If we get beat ah'll get pished for a fortnight to forget it all. Merry Christmas to you Hubert and everyone else on the boards no matter what your persuasion may be. HAIL HAIL!

+Quote Post
hubert
post 26th Dec 2010, 02:34pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
I read this in The Scotsman this morning my time.
"Neil Lennon in little doubt of the importance of Scott Brown".
Published Date: 26 December 2010
By Andrew Smith
The way its going I am having little doubt about Neil Lennons lack of ability in handling the Celtic squad and team.

+Quote Post

149 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jul 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.