Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is playing?
Rab-oldname
post 26th Aug 2011, 05:50pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 26th Aug 2011, 01:58pm) *
I have found when posting some of my stories is that there is no reaction or even any comments I could tell a lot more but the impression I get is that a lot of the members cant relate to what I post and unless you keep to a familiar glesga topic you are typing into thin air so to speak dry.gif

Another good point Dave - often missed. A wee word of thanks or encouragement goes a long way to keep interest alive. I have sweated for many long hours on topics with others over the years and often surprised how quickly they 'die a death' apart from the usual few few stalwarts - and that is my main point. wink.gif
One would imagine that out of 9000 members we would have a few more participate in 'Word Games' and the like, but its just a few of us that keep the things going - and its not as if these items are not viewed but they are, by many of the lurkers who for some reason cannot or will not offer any input.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th Aug 2011, 05:53pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
A very moving post Rab, but enough about your proposed change of house rolleyes.gif Hope it all goes well though smile.gif

JimD, I agree about Norrie's photies of his walks, it could be a place for other to post similar photo's of their outings. The "where am I" would continue as it was intended. (this is not a complaint about the thread mellow.gif )

I suspect there a lot of fok who feel intimidated about posting but there a lot of others who just come to GG for a specific reason, like looking for information or a relative, then move on. The focus on Glasgow issues is hardly surprising though, check the title of the website.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 26th Aug 2011, 06:01pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 26th Aug 2011, 07:35pm) *
Quality, Rab - not quantity ! rolleyes.gif

I wondered who would bring that chestnut up! Where have I mentioned quantity over quality? One mans 'quality' might be boring to another. Many current topics bore me to tears and I therefore ignore them. How are you going to define 'quality' on a board like this bilbo? At least from quantity, one can sort out ones personal quality! That probably rests my case!

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 26th Aug 2011, 09:18pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
QUOTE (Rab @ 26th Aug 2011, 12:30pm) *
G Lass. I can't accept that out of 9,000 + members + visitors, we cannot have a lot more participation on this board. Its just lack of interest or canny be bothered. If we all showed this attitude, there would be no board. Its time for a shake-up/wake-up! Or are you suggesting that this board would be as entertaining and interesting without the few of us who take the time to make it so?

Who are the few Rab, who are you talking about? Whats is interesting to some is maybe not that interesting to others, do you not agree Rab? If 9,000 plus members do not participate I think that speaks for itself. When you speak like this Rab it puts pressure on members old and new to work as hard as you say you do on the gg's,who the hell wants to do that Rab !. Take it a bit easier and have fun ,,,, some days its hot ,,,,some days its not biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
angel
post 26th Aug 2011, 10:40pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
The focus on Glasgow issues is hardly surprising though, check the title of the website.
Ash , I for one have known the title of this website for more than 4yrs
and I think if the members who do most of the posting showed a little more interest in the posts of others from different countries , who knows
maybe some more of those 9,000 so called members would start posting and put some fresh content onto these boards , it is something I think is badly needed .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 27th Aug 2011, 12:35am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
QUOTE (angel @ 26th Aug 2011, 11:26pm) *
The focus on Glasgow issues is hardly surprising though, check the title of the website.
Ash , I for one have known the title of this website for more than 4yrs
and I think if the members who do most of the posting showed a little more interest in the posts of others from different countries , who knows
maybe some more of those 9,000 so called members would start posting and put some fresh content onto these boards , it is something I think is badly needed .

I agree Angel, and have you noticed that the only 'other' countries that seem to get mentioned are the US or Australia. Very little reference is ever made of Canada or New Zealand, both British Commonwealth countries.

+Quote Post
Crewsy Fixer
post 27th Aug 2011, 01:38am
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,545
I think you are all attention seekers.

+Quote Post
angel
post 27th Aug 2011, 01:53am
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 27th Aug 2011, 01:24am) *
I think you are all attention seekers.

Nope it is a disscussion on our own personal opinions
regarding the boards .
Nothing more nothin less.

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 27th Aug 2011, 06:18am
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
I dont mind posting on just about anything, except word games, crossword puzzles and the like, boring beyond words

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 27th Aug 2011, 07:22am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Rab @ 26th Aug 2011, 08:47pm) *
I wondered who would bring that chestnut up! Where have I mentioned quantity over quality? One mans 'quality' might be boring to another. Many current topics bore me to tears and I therefore ignore them. How are you going to define 'quality' on a board like this bilbo? At least from quantity, one can sort out ones personal quality! That probably rests my case!

Ooh ! Whatever happened to light banter ? I have seen you advocate it in the past. Time to take a big chill pill, Rab smile.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 27th Aug 2011, 12:42pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Me too for the Chill Pill Bill - biggrin.gif must be better for ma lungs tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
angel
post 27th Aug 2011, 12:48pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 27th Aug 2011, 06:04am) *
I dont mind posting on just about anything, except word games, crossword puzzles and the like, boring beyond words

Dave ," once upon a time used to be funny
now and again , but I guess it ran it's course . biggrin.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 27th Aug 2011, 03:26pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Chill Pill? Seems like the Apathy Pill is more commonly prescribed. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 27th Aug 2011, 03:30pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 27th Aug 2011, 09:08am) *
Ooh ! Whatever happened to light banter ?

Whatever happened to a proper answer bilbo? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 27th Aug 2011, 04:19pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
looks like'yir feeling better today Rab,,,,,,hows the move going.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.