Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
wellfield
post 21st Jun 2017, 10:35pm
Post #136

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
Well Lads n' Lassies,I think I'll join the many other absent members of this site over this past year.....gettin' a wee bit fed up with 4 or 5 members turning it into a political site...Ta' Ta'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 21st Jun 2017, 10:47pm
Post #137

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (wellfield @ 22nd Jun 2017, 12:35am) *
Well Lads n' Lassies,I think I'll join the many other absent members of this site over this past year.....gettin' a wee bit fed up with 4 or 5 members turning it into a political site...Ta' Ta'

A tad hypocritical from one who regularly makes "political" comments, but I suppose you don't see them that way.

Certainly there are political topics, but it is easy to steer clear of them, just as I avoided football threads, as I was not interested.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Jun 2017, 11:05pm
Post #138

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (wellfield @ 21st Jun 2017, 11:35pm) *

Just what were you expecting to be discussed in a "No One To Vote For, Election" thread Wellfield?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Jun 2017, 11:18pm
Post #139

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 21st Jun 2017, 08:13pm) *
Is the express now a reputable newspaper then?

Oh dear, too Union and too pro indy, the fact is the same John, Kez asked that those who were in areas where Labour couldn't win then "There are a few differences, in the Borders and Highlands, where the Tories might be better placed", clearly vote Tory to keep the SNP out and diminish Scotland's voice at Westminster.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 21st Jun 2017, 11:35pm
Post #140

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Well Jagz we can all now use the express as 'proof', normally i wouldn't but as you now seem to accept it then you cant now reject anything put forward.
The video is the same as I posted, she was saying that only Labour can beat the SNP in the central belt, not entirely true as my area shows but the results say she is not far off. In the border and parts of the Highlands the Labour party are a distant 3rd or 4th the Tories are better placed, thats acknowledging Labour cannot win, its not telling Labour voters to vote Tory. Do you think that little of Labour voters that you think they'd all just march out and do what they're told.

You're just trying to hide from fact that SNP likely lost votes to the Tories, 2 seats held since the 80's turned Blue which they were prior to going to the SNP, are you seriously saying that is all down to Kezia Dugdale

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Jun 2017, 11:45pm
Post #141

Mega City Key Holder
John, just keep telling yourself "In May we trust" there is nothing i or anyone else can tell you to make you change your mind, we will all get down on our knees and apologise to you when the UK becomes the land of milk and honey and all our houses, jobs and pensions are saved by your political behemoths.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 21st Jun 2017, 11:57pm
Post #142

Mega City Key Holder

LOL back to your pathetic wee jibes, I dont trust most politicians, I did trust the SNP for a long time because I thought they'd be different but they turned out to lie and spin just as much as the others.

Facts make me think jagz, the stuff you post here and the spinning the SNP sites and media do would give the hated MSM a run for their money. Not everyone is a silly wee trooper who just follows whatever idiot sticks on a yellow rosette.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 22nd Jun 2017, 12:20am
Post #143

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Jun 2017, 12:57am) *
Not everyone is a silly wee trooper who just follows whatever idiot sticks on a yellow rosette.

No, you're just a "silly wee trooper" who believes his country can't run it's own affairs.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 22nd Jun 2017, 06:46pm
Post #144

Mega City Key Holder

Where have I said that? Thats the problem with you, its the old if yer no wae us yer agin us time after time. We had our referendum less than 3 years ago, I dont see any movement of NO voters massing or marching because they changed their minds. It's the same people or groups wanting another bite at the cherry because they refuse to accept most voters disagreed with them.
If you or the SNP listened to the voters then you would not have wasted a year greeting about Brexit because that, despite wee Nic thinking otherwise, was not a major factor in people voting NO. If she, you and the abusive nutjobs on social media spent that time changing peoples minds with clear and constructive answers to questions raised in 2014 then maybe you might plant that wee seed that grows into a YES but as it stands telling them they're eejits, traitors, quislings, Tories or even Red Tories aint winning friends, in fact it's driving people away.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 22nd Jun 2017, 09:56pm
Post #145

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
If it's driving people away ( from independence) why are you not happier about it? You don't come across as a happy chappy at all, more as someone with something festering which needs lancing. sad.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 23rd Jun 2017, 02:30pm
Post #146

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Jun 2017, 07:46pm) *
Where have I said that?

So you agree Scotland can be a successful independent country?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 10:00am
Post #147

Mega City Key Holder

Can Scotland be independent, yes and I dont think anyone has said otherwise. Success is both relative and subjective. People may very well say that just being independent is successful, some would look to their lives now and would say any drop in lifestyle would mean it isn't, others might say that to be successful would have to mean life would have to be better otherwise what was the point of the arguing, time and money wasted on just staying the same.
Success for each person is different and whether something is successful or not is a matter of opinion. What will happen of course is that spending will have to be controlled, the debt managed and the difference in taxes raised and spent reduced. This will be in the form of increased taxes or reduced benefits/ government spending, they will not be able to reduce government spending as Scottish offices to replace UK wide departments will have to be set up, that looks to me as taxes will go up or benefits cut... maybe the ES.N.P will be able to answer these points in years to come but in all honesty they should have has the answers before screaming for another indyref.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Jun 2017, 12:18pm
Post #148

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 11:00am) *
This will be in the form of increased taxes or reduced benefits/ government spending, they will not be able to reduce government spending as Scottish offices to replace UK wide departments will have to be set up, that looks to me as taxes will go up or benefits cut..

maybe the ES.N.P will be able to answer these points in years to come but in all honesty they should have has the answers before screaming for another indyref.

In case you hadn't noticed we are already experiencing "increased taxes and reduced benefits/ government spending" as part of your mighty UK.

Surely new Scottish offices to replace UK ones will provide thousands of new jobs, more tax revenue raised and more money in the workers pockets meaning more money being spent in the Scottish economy, what's not to like?

I'm sure the SNP will provide many answers before Indyref 2, unlike you Brexteers.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 01:04pm
Post #149

Mega City Key Holder

Wah Wah wah, am no getting Indy...Grow the blankety blank up, it is our UK, you live here just as I do.

In case you missed the massive debt and deficit, it has to be controlled. Whether it's the UK or Scotland there has to be more tax generated as well as cuts, at least the UK government are up front about this, the SNP just bleat out the old Jagz catchphrase 'Just blame Westminster', how will that pay the bills in an Indy Scotland.

An increase in government workers does not raise the taxes it cost to employ them, bloody hell do you even engage your brain before posting. If you pay someone £200 per week and get £50 back in direct taxes then there is a shortfall of £150 and that is not including pension/NI contributions. A government needs to create an environment to encourage private enterprise which in turn creates wealth and taxes among their employees. It also allows job creation and opportunities for the young to better their lives and give them hope for the future. High taxes to cover burgeoning state departments does the opposite

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Jun 2017, 02:23pm
Post #150

Mega City Key Holder
No John it's your Uk, you want to retain it i want it dissolved, as for the rest of your post you're making it perfectly clear you don't think Scotland can be a successful independent country.

Could you at least try to write one post without resorting to Insults and ridicule?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.