Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time Makes Changes
Rating 5 V
Avril
post 2nd Jan 2013, 11:53pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,509
My 4th book ‘Time Makes Changes’ is now available in Waterstones and in both kindle and paperback versions on Amazon (all 4 of my books are now available on kindle)

Back cover blurb of 'Time Makes Changes……'

Time changes us all, and a class reunion shows Linda just how much people change. . . and perhaps how much they don’t . . .
Time Make Changes is a short read about an interesting day in the life of Linda MacGregor. Linda and her husband James return to Scotland to retire after living over thirty five years in London. She attends a school reunion where she catches up with old school classmates that she hasn’t seen for over forty-five years. In her mind she compares how they were then to how they are now with some hilariously funny, happy, and sad results.
...The story is ‘down-to-earth’ with the universal types of people that everyone comes across in real life. Linda’s experiences will ring true with anyone who has ever been to a class reunion. Personal secrets are revealed: some people have improved with age, some have not, and Linda’s old school pals have some humorously sexy and naughty gossip that will take you by surprise.
So share a stroll down memory lane with Linda MacGregor and those who she meets along the way …

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 3rd Jan 2013, 11:53pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
Congratulation Avril...a clever wee Lass indeed.....I'll check out 'Amazon'....Campbell

+Quote Post
Avril
post 4th Jan 2013, 12:09am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Awe thanks Campbell, how are you? Are you still singing?

BTW if anyone is interested and would like signed copies of any of my books (What’s For Ye, Won’t Go By Ye’, ‘Chasin’ that Carrot’, ‘Mammograms Save Lives’, or my latest novel ‘Time Makes Changes,’), then please either pm me on Glasgow Guide or contact me through my website http://www.avrilsaunders.co.uk/

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 4th Jan 2013, 04:18am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Looking forward to reading your new book Avril. Congratulations. thumbup.gif

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
Avril
post 4th Jan 2013, 07:37am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
I hope you're not shocked easily Isobel, I was asked to introduce a bit of sex to my latest book so it is a wee bit naughty in places but more in a humorous way rather than offensive. It is a short story with only 95 pages so can be read in under 2 hours. The feedback I am getting is that many people, who don't often get time to sit down and read, say that it's an ideal book for a plane/train/coach journey as they can finish it by the end of their trip.

Thank you for your support XXX

--------------------

+Quote Post
Avril
post 28th Jan 2013, 01:24pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
I've just spoken to Waterstones in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow. They told me that my 1st book 'What's For Ye Won't Go By Ye' is selling like hot cakes, my follow up 'Chasin' that Carrot' is catching up and they only have 2 books left in stock of 'Time Makes Changes', the 3rd story in the saga of Linda MacGregor's life. Great news for authors and bookshops that there are still people who prefer paperbacks to Kindle smile.gif

www.avrilsaunders.co.uk

--------------------

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 28th Jan 2013, 02:28pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
Hello Again Avril

I must begin by saying I haven't read anything of yours yet, but I WILL be addressing that soon.
I dont know if you recall my sending you a mail soon after your 2nd book I think it was.
Reading you going from success to success, has driven me and just given me the confidence to get published.

My health has been more than a hindrence, and I've just recently found my zest for writing again (starting a tomb in Oct/Nov and 'just' putting the finishing touches to it.

Well, thanks again.

So pleased for you.

wee davy

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
Avril
post 28th Jan 2013, 03:26pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wee davy @ 28th Jan 2013, 03:45pm) *
Hello Again Avril

I must begin by saying I haven't read anything of yours yet, but I WILL be addressing that soon.
I dont know if you recall my sending you a mail soon after your 2nd book I think it was.
Reading you going from success to success, has driven me and just given me the confidence to get published.

My health has been more than a hindrence, and I've just recently found my zest for writing again (starting a tomb in Oct/Nov and 'just' putting the finishing touches to it.

Well, thanks again.

So pleased for you.

wee davy

Hello wee Davy,

How lovely to hear from you. I am so happy that your health has picked up and you have now had the courage to get published, sometimes we need a wee push to point us in the right direction smile.gif

My first manuscript sat in a drawer for a long time until I told a successful author and writer about it. He read it and gave me the confidence to 'go for it!', otherwise it would still be sitting gathering dust.

I wish you good luck with your book and delighted that I helped to inspire you.

Well Done

XAvrilX

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.