Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1432 Pages V  « < 1430 1431 1432  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
DannyH
post Y'day, 05:15pm
Post #21466

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
There were a couple of newspaper reports today, which have convinced me it is time for me to give up. The Scotland I knew has gone forever. By that I mean that during my lifetime, I always felt that no matter how the rest of the world looked at Scotland and, in particular, Glasgow, it was a great place to live.

Today, it was reported that the Scottish Government want to stop the taking of drugs being an illegal offence.

We have the highest death rate in Europe, related to drugs. This move is an admission that the we as a nation are being overrun by the consumption of narcotics. The Police can’t cope. The National Health Service which was set up to give us all a service to rely on in times of genuine health issues, is being submerged on a daily basis, twenty four hours a day, dealing with drug related issues.

Why bother, searching delivery trucks for contraband narcotics? If it is not illegal to consume them, well just deliver the drugs straight to the users doorstep. Save a lot of time and effort by our Security forces.

If this is the type of Government that wants to run an Independent Scotland,
go ahead, vote for it.

Cheerio

PS The other report was regarding Nicola Sturgeon, and a closed border between Scotland and England come Scotland’s Independence sometime in the future. I have lost interest. It is up to younger generations to go in the direction they choose.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 05:42pm
Post #21467

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
I'm sure no one will deny you your opinion Danny. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 09:14pm
Post #21468

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th Oct 2019, 05:44pm) *
You never answer a straight question Danny.

Jagz, sometimes a one line answer doesn’t really address the question.

So I thought by outlining the rules used by Governments in responding to issues, that you would understand where I am coming from regarding the Spanish Governments attitude towards any future application from Scotland for EU membership. I asked you to address the three headings used for that process. Your response was the above reply.

So events in Catalonia today, allow me to explain how Governments work.

1. The Issue

2. The Background

3. The Line to Take.

Before proceeding, I will mention events which occurred in Catalonia today which have enabled me to illustrate how Governments work.

In the BBC news today, Catalonian citizens were seen out on the streets demonstrating against the harsh prison sentences imposed on the leaders of the Catalonia Independence movement.

Some of the demonstrators were brutally treated by the Police Force.

So I can now proceed to use the three headings above, from the Spanish Governments up to date perspective on Scotland’s hope of receiving support from them.

1 The Issue

The Scottish Government has had discussions with us, asking if we would support their application for EU membership, should Scotland gain Independence.

2 The Background

The Scottish Government, has ambitions to see Scotland being an Independent country, free from the UK. We, the Spanish Government have been approached by them to ascertain if Spain would support Scotland’s application for EU membership.

However, following on from that approach, Scotland gave sanctuary to one of the leading members of the Catalonian Independence movement leaders. The Scottish Government made no effort to return that leader to Spain, or to remain impartial.

3 The Line To Take

We should advise the Scottish Government that under EU rules, matters relating to potential membership of the EU, can only be discussed by the relevant EU Committee.

So Jagz, as you feel Catalonia and the Basque people are Spanish, go to Barcelona and express your views.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 09:37pm
Post #21469

Mega City Key Holder
STOP PRESS

Just saw the latest news bulletin. Very pleased to see a number of SNP members expressing solidarity with the Catalonian Independence movement, and protesting about the ill treatment and very severe prison sentences meted out to the Catalonian Independence leaders. I felt really proud of them. It restored somewhat my faith in how Scottish people react to the inhuman treatment of others. Well done folks!

I missed the news coverage of the SNP Government reaction to what is happening in Catalonia, but I am sure it must be one of disgust at the treatment meted out to the Catalonian leaders.

It is probably inappropriate of me to say it at this time but, it is the SNP facing up to reality. There is no way the Spanish Government would now support an application from Scotland for EU membership.

So it is back to the drawing board SNP.

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 10:05pm
Post #21470

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
WRONG AGAIN! Ya auld eejit! wacko.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

1432 Pages V  « < 1430 1431 1432
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.