Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

231 Pages V  « < 228 229 230 231 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
john.mcn
post 3rd Jan 2018, 08:28pm
Post #3436

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 3rd Jan 2018, 07:55am) *
No John, you said "Check who was quoted numbnuts", certainly no crocodile tears from me.

I know exactly what I said and posted your post that I replied to. You've being acting the fool that long that you dont even see it when I put it in bold. At every opportunity you show everyone the type of politics that you engage in, I post the facts over parliament acts and you devolve into your wee nippy nat state and say I'm singing Rule Britannia. I know you dont see it because once again you do it below
You can bring it up as often as you like, anything but the Brexit shambles, eh? yes.gif

And no doubt those lovely Norwegians that you so want to replicate are looking on thinking 'bloody hell are we glad we dodged that bullet...twice'. Their fellow members of the EEA, Iceland and Switzerland also have no desire to join, inward and insular lot that they are, bet they even have their own passports the b*st*rds
I would have thought that quoting Thatcher whom many of your fellow British subjects regard as the best post war PM there has ever been was quite apt.

And the nippy nat appears again, you do know that if you're calling me a British subject then it means you are one also dont you?
I'll add my opinion to the EU farce when there is actually something to discuss, perhaps Davis and co will have came up with an idea and made some progress when the second anniversary rolls round in June.

Well it is taking too long, pandering to that EU lot who think of themselves as close to European royalty was always going to be enduring but it'll come to an end at some point, the UK gets its trade deal and the EU elite gets its money to spend on themselves, if no trade then the UK should do what I previously said and flip them the bird, withdraw all troops and treat them as 'used to be friends'
Everything is easy for you in your little bubble.

Not really but taking the piss out of you and pointing out your obvious inadequacies certainly lightens up the end of a day biggrin.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Jan 2018, 11:08am
Post #3437

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
We have the Norwegians, the EU, myself and fifty percent of Scotland on your hate list, who else is on it? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Jan 2018, 11:10pm
Post #3438

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Jan 2018, 11:08am) *
We have the Norwegians, the EU, myself and fifty percent of Scotland on your hate list, who else is on it? unsure.gif

Hate? LOL

Where on earth do you get 50% of Scotland from, did you draw a line north to south, east to west or is it a wee squiggly one all over the place wink.gif

Why on earth would I hate the Norwegians

Complete dislike for the EU institution, hate the waste and pomposity of it all and that they are so far up their own they were in disbelief that WE won!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Jan 2018, 01:22pm
Post #3439

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 4th Jan 2018, 11:10pm) *
Hate? LOL

Where on earth do you get 50% of Scotland from, did you draw a line north to south, east to west or is it a wee squiggly one all over the place wink.gif

Why on earth would I hate the Norwegians

Complete dislike for the EU institution, hate the waste and pomposity of it all and that they are so far up their own they were in disbelief that WE won!!!! biggrin.gif

The last poll i saw was giving YES/NO neck and neck, so it's not only me who would like an independent Scotland.

Your sneering remarks indicate you certainly don't like Norwegians.

Yet you appear to have no issue with the even more " hate the waste and pomposity of it all" of Westminster?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 5th Jan 2018, 07:40pm
Post #3440

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 5th Jan 2018, 01:22pm) *
The last poll i saw was giving YES/NO neck and neck, so it's not only me who would like an independent Scotland.

And what has that got to do with 'hate'?
Your sneering remarks indicate you certainly don't like Norwegians.

Saying Norway is a high tax country is sneering at them? laugh.gif
Yet you appear to have no issue with the even more " hate the waste and pomposity of it all" of Westminster?

On the contrary me ole nippy nat, the Lords should be scrapped and MPs who bugger up on the job and cost the country billions should be held responsible. When the Westminster parliament up sticks and moves 270 miles every month at a cost of over £100m a year I will curse the wastefull xxxxx that they are, until then I just have the EU parliament to curse who for 4 days a month moves to Strasbourg lock stock and barrel. Fleets of Limos and trucks just to ferry a pampered elite around and we all get to pay for it, be glad to the see the back of that lot.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
prince21
post 12th Jan 2018, 06:35pm
Post #3441

Visitor
Member No.: 30,959
I voted to remain in the referendum i believe for good reasons having listened to all the lies from both sides. I have to respect the result hoping it works out best for everyone. I do hope however we get to vote on whatever the final deal is.
The main thing I took from the referendum result however was it proved to me what I always knew that so called United Kingdom is so divided. Good luck to the tories in getting a good deal for everyone and not themselves I so looking forward to the 350 million pounds a week going to our NHS. I,m also looking forward to the next election in which i will vote for the many and not the few.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th Jan 2018, 06:48pm
Post #3442

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Good luck with your wishes! I mean that sincerely.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Jan 2018, 11:47am
Post #3443

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (prince21 @ 12th Jan 2018, 06:35pm) *
I so looking forward to the 350 million pounds a week going to our NHS.

Which NHS is that Prince, the Scottish NHS, the Welsh NHS or the English NHS?

I'll bet neither of them will see it. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 15th Jan 2018, 10:06am
Post #3444

Mega City Key Holder
Kick this one around!

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics...-never-heard-of

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
prince21
post 15th Jan 2018, 03:54pm
Post #3445

Visitor
Member No.: 30,959
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Jan 2018, 11:47am) *
Which NHS is that Prince, the Scottish NHS, the Welsh NHS or the English NHS?

I'll bet neither of them will see it. unsure.gif

I lived 139 Firhill road opposite the old players entrance i can remember when the Jags were third in the league and 30.000 fans turned up on the opening game of the season to play Celtic in the sixties. It,s good they,re doing well at the moment. i do have a soft spot for them Scott Symon was their manager then.
As for the NHS it should be shared equal in the u.k. I,m for an independant Scotland within the EU as far as i,m concerned London is a country within a country.
In saying that i,m enjoying the Brexit debates

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 16th Jan 2018, 07:28pm
Post #3446

Mega City Key Holder
A view from Ireland.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/brexit-i...kdown-1.3356258

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 17th Jan 2018, 07:20pm
Post #3447

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
tongue.gif sez it all.dunnit ?

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 18th Jan 2018, 12:54am
Post #3448

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
indeed! Brexit will be a disaster for Ireland.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Jan 2018, 11:53am
Post #3449

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 18th Jan 2018, 12:54am) *
indeed! Brexit will be a disaster for Ireland.

Can you tell us why?

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 18th Jan 2018, 12:10pm
Post #3450

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Just for you Jagz.......

A hard Brexit would be “catastrophic” for the Republic, with the Irish agrifood sector uniquely exposed, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar told the annual general meeting of the Irish Farmers’ Association (IFA) on Tuesday.

Mr Varadkar told the meeting, which took place in Dublin, that the “future of Ireland” as well as “our peace and prosperity” were at stake in divorce talks between the European Union and the UK. “Everyone in this room is aware of the long-term, structural and disruptive changes that could happen as a result of Brexit.”

He said the agrifood sector was uniquely exposed. Some industries were significantly more exposed, such as beef.

“Even in the absence of tariffs, barriers such as sanitary and customs controls, transport logistics and shelf life are much more significant barriers for food than for other exports.

“That is why we negotiated so long and so hard in the weeks before Christmas. At stake is the future of Ireland, our peace and prosperity. In a hard Brexit scenario food exports could face very high tariffs. That would be catastrophic and must be avoided.”

+Quote Post

231 Pages V  « < 228 229 230 231 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Jan 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.