Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk General Election 2019
carmella
post 12th Dec 2019, 09:22pm
Post #151

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I’m looking forward to the sky news coverage of the results as always. I will enjoy it even more because I like John Berkow!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 12th Dec 2019, 09:43pm
Post #152

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Will Sturgeon get her wish...

a Tory majority?

... Looks like it unsure.gif

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Dec 2019, 09:49pm
Post #153

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 12th Dec 2019, 09:43pm) *
Will Sturgeon get her wish...

a Tory majority?

... Looks like it unsure.gif

Stop trying to blame the SNP for the way your fellow Brits vote Kem.

Independence is the only way we'll get rid of Tory rule.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 12th Dec 2019, 09:53pm
Post #154

Mega City Key Holder
Just realised I spelled the former Speaker’s surname wrong, Bercow it should be, don’t know what I was thinking about!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 12th Dec 2019, 10:47pm
Post #155

Mega City Key Holder
Recent footage leaked from Labour HQ...

Attached Image

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post
carmella
post 13th Dec 2019, 06:10am
Post #156

Mega City Key Holder
Well the worst results as predicted were for Labour. To succeed in future they will have to up their game and listen to the people instead of thinking they still have stronghold constituencies as they did on days gone by. Jeremy Corbyn has seen the errors, and has indicated that he should stand down as leader.

Nicola Sturgeon in my opinion deserved to win a further new 13 seats because she worked hard, and was the best all round campaigner. That being said I still have to check if she won my area.

Politics is never dull!

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Dec 2019, 08:07am
Post #157

Mega City Key Holder
The stars have aligned.

PM Johnson and FM Sturgeon will now consecutively lead Scotland out of the EU and the UK.

The price of this folly will forever be on their heads. The public have followed and swallowed their campaigns, like lemmings off a cliff.

I'm happy for Carmella and Jagz, for they are beginning to realise these longheld political fantasies.

As an opponent who has grown to like his rivals, and as their axes hew and scatter their leaderless foes, I submit smiling wryly on my way.

To the Station I went, now to the Cosmodrome I go. After one final brief visit to the Kremlin to pass on my congratulations I turn the corner, to catch my flight.

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Dec 2019, 10:17am
Post #158

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 13th Dec 2019, 08:07am) *
PM Johnson and FM Sturgeon will now consecutively lead Scotland out of the EU and the UK.

The price of this folly will forever be on their heads. The public have followed and swallowed their campaigns, like lemmings off a cliff.

I'm happy for Carmella and Jagz, for they are beginning to realise these longheld political fantasies.

You're the one with the "longheld political fantasies" Kem, your're the dreamer of a happy clappy united Kingdom that never has existed in the first place, your fellow Brits South of the border have diffrent political priorities to you, and for you to claim their right to decide their own future as "folly" shows out of touch you really are, you have followed your Great Leader and swallowed her campaign like a lemming off a cliff, thankfully the good voters of East Dunbartonshire have rejected her brand of nationalism. yes.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 13th Dec 2019, 11:00am
Post #159

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Well, it all turned out pretty much as expected (although the size of the majority is a wee surprise). Most interesting statistic (from Prof Curtis) was the size of vote for Brexit supporting parties was 47%. I'll leave the maths with you wink.gif

Where will we be going now, let's see what kind of cabinet Johnson puts together. My guess is a swing to an ultra-light wing agenda and the truth about a post Brexit Britain with eventually dawn on the electorate. I think there are challenging times ahead for the occupants of the good ship UK in the coming months and years.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Dec 2019, 11:14am
Post #160

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (ashfield @ 13th Dec 2019, 11:00am) *
Well, it all turned out pretty much as expected (although the size of the majority is a wee surprise). Most interesting statistic (from Prof Curtis) was the size of vote for Brexit supporting parties was 47%. I'll leave the maths with you ;)

Where will we be going now, let's see what kind of cabinet Johnson puts together. My guess is a swing to an ultra-light wing agenda and the truth about a post Brexit Britain with eventually dawn on the electorate. I think there are challenging times ahead for the occupants of the good ship UK in the coming months and years.

Hi Ashfield

Do you know if the 47% included Labour? If it does then his statistic is wrong. Labour was indecisive.
They were going to have a ‘People’s vote’, as I recall. So the people voted, saving us all another long period of indecision.

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 13th Dec 2019, 02:47pm
Post #161

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (DannyH @ 13th Dec 2019, 11:14am) *
Hi Ashfield

Do you know if the 47% included Labour? If it does then his statistic is wrong. Labour was indecisive.
They were going to have a ‘People’s vote’, as I recall. So the people voted, saving us all another long period of indecision.

Danny

I don't know Danny, you would need to ask Prof Curtis but he seems to know his stuff.

You're right, the people have voted saving a long period of indecision, to be replaced by a long period of hard times for a lot of people instead (IMHO of course)

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Dec 2019, 09:07pm
Post #162

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

"After you."

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post
caltonjock
post 13th Dec 2019, 10:37pm
Post #163

City Key Holder
Member No.: 26,386

Alex Rowley Sacked by New Labour Party Bosses in London

He was elected to the post of General Secretary of the Labour Party in Scotland in May 1998 and held the post until May 1999 when after outlining his vision for the future growth of the party in Scotland he expressed a view that having modernised Scotland’s political institutions and introduced a Scottish Parliament, the party needed to change its structure including proposals giving the Labour Party in Scotland freedom from London control.

All hell broke loose and he was summoned to Millbank in London, where he was told the party had nowhere for him in its future planning.

He was then invited to resign from his post as General Secretary of the Scottish Labour party a decision which provoked great anger in Scotland.

https://caltonjock.com/2019/12/13/the-londo...me-for-ditheri/

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 14th Dec 2019, 09:40pm
Post #164

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Kemedian, I have to say that of all the ‘posters’ on the political forums, you are the one who has disappointed me most.

In your post #1138 on the 24th of June 2016 you said,

“I argued that the UK should remain in order to have our say in future reform and I still value membership, but that is no longer an option for me because I value democracy more”.

Now in post #157 in the General Election forum, you say,
“The price of this folly will be forever on our heads. The public have followed and swallowed their campaigns, like lemmings off a cliff”.

So it seems to me that your true understanding of democracy is, it really only applies when the majority agree with you. Otherwise they are lemmings. They don’t have your intelligence if they don’t.

Danny

+Quote Post
carmella
post 14th Dec 2019, 10:25pm
Post #165

Mega City Key Holder
I must say in common with so many people, I will be glad when it’s all over. Even if we leave the EU in a few weeks’ time, it will still take years to complete.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.