Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1454 Pages V  « < 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 14th Dec 2019, 10:22pm
Post #21706

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 14th Dec 2019, 03:40pm) *
Maybe you try that,most of your posts are puerile attempts at humour.
p.s. we are still in the EU and you are still a citizen of the UK for at least
another couple of years.

Then perhaps you'll admit you were wrong with your puerile attempt at humour and that you are more a Luddite than any member of the SNP? yes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th Dec 2019, 10:26pm
Post #21707

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 14th Dec 2019, 09:16pm) *
NIcola Sturgeon in 2014

"My pledge today to every citizen of our country is simple but it is heartfelt.

I will be First Minister for all of Scotland.

Regardless of your politics or your point of view, my job is to serve you."

fast forward to 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS4kaxRJYqU

I'm sure there is a point to your post, i just wish you'd share it? huh.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 15th Dec 2019, 12:19am
Post #21708

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Dec 2019, 02:48pm) *
Wow, it didn't take you long to get over the Westminster GE Danny, while us younger ones take a moment to catch our breaths you're off on the Indyref2 trail.

You voted YES in 2014, so you either knew the answers to these questions or you didn't care, so what was it?

I'd love to hear you telling the Germans, French, Italians, Swedes etc that their countries aren't independent. :lol:

Hi Jagz

When you have been in the army, been all night on guard duty, then came off that and did a full days work building bridges, or working with explosives,
recovering from the election is a dawdle. I thought you being a taxi driver, working all hours would have had no bother getting over the election.

You are a great one for asking questions aren’t you. Perhaps the reason for that is that you haven’t got it in you submit anything worthwhile. It is always smart Alec comments about other people.

What do you want me to do? Go over to those four countries and ask them?
You don’t know any better than me, what the citizens of these four countries feel like. Just a few short days ago, Corbyn thought he knew how the majority of English voters felt. So don’t be so smug.

I think there has been unrest in a number of EU member states, regarding Independence. They are branded as right wing extremists.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Dec 2019, 10:31am
Post #21709

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Dec 2019, 12:19am) *
Hi Jagz

You are a great one for asking questions aren’t you. Perhaps the reason for that is that you haven’t got it in you submit anything worthwhile. It is always smart Alec comments about other people.

What do you want me to do? Go over to those four countries and ask them?
You don’t know any better than me, what the citizens of these four countries feel like.

I think there has been unrest in a number of EU member states, regarding Independence. They are branded as right wing extremists.

Danny

Why shouldn't i ask questions in a discussion board?

Unlike you at least i answer questions asked to me, and what was the "smart Alec comments about other people" in the post you are replying to?

And i do know that EU member countries do feel independent within the EU.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 15th Dec 2019, 01:36pm
Post #21710

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Dec 2019, 10:31am) *
Why shouldn't i ask questions in a discussion board?

Unlike you at least i answer questions asked to me, and what was the "smart Alec comments about other people" in the post you are replying to?

And i do know that EU member countries do feel independent within the EU.

Jagz, what you think you know about EU member countries, feeling independent is baseless.
What you know is what POLITICIANS of EU countries feel regarding their independence within the EU.

Has the Labour downfall in the latest General Election not taught you anything?

You are the one who always asks me for the link for my posts. So wise guy, where is your proof that the PEOPLE throughout the EU, feel independent?

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Dec 2019, 03:14pm
Post #21711

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Dec 2019, 01:36pm) *
You are the one who always asks me for the link for my posts. So wise guy, where is your proof that the PEOPLE throughout the EU, feel independent?

Danny

My proof is that there would be a demand by other countries to leave the EU, there isn't, so (i will refrain from calling you "wise guy" as it sounds so childish) where is your proof that the PEOPLE throughout the EU don't feel independent?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Dec 2019, 03:17pm
Post #21712

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Dec 2019, 01:36pm) *
Has the Labour downfall in the latest General Election not taught you anything?

Danny

I don't know what you're getting at Danny, clearly the Labour party hasn't learned anything.

You can tell me who you voted for and why now, though i bet you won't. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 15th Dec 2019, 06:56pm
Post #21713

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Dec 2019, 03:17pm) *
I don't know what you're getting at Danny, clearly the Labour party hasn't learned anything.

You can tell me who you voted for and why now, though i bet you won't. laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 15th Dec 2019, 09:09pm
Post #21714

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Dec 2019, 03:17pm) *

You can tell me who you voted for and why now, though i bet you won't. :lol:

Jagz, the posts we are exchanging started being ridiculous a long time ago. Your post which I am quoting right now, sums you up. You are either as thick as two planks or you are a wind up merchant like your pal Wombat.

I have posted who I voted for and why!!!!

I feel that I am letting myself down by even responding to your childish posts, so I will have to discipline myself to ignore both of you.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 15th Dec 2019, 09:17pm
Post #21715

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 15th Dec 2019, 06:56pm) *
:rolleyes:

Wombat

You remind me of the story of Nero who played the fiddle while Rome was burning.

Australia is burning, but although you live there you play the fiddle, by continually submitting banal and childish posts. You and Jagz are well matched.

Danny

+Quote Post
wombat
post 16th Dec 2019, 06:54pm
Post #21716

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Dec 2019, 10:17pm) *
Wombat

You remind me of the story of Nero who played the fiddle while Rome was burning.

Australia is burning, but although you live there you play the fiddle, by continually submitting banal and childish posts. You and Jagz are well matched.

Danny

thumbup.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 17th Dec 2019, 02:29pm
Post #21717

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
'ALISTAIR STEPHEN HOSEY'

Nicola Sturgeon is well aware that England is unable to compete with France and Germany while Scottish resources of oil, energy, aggregates, forestry, fishing grounds and defence assets in Scotland can be retained within the EU fold for a mere 8% of the UK debt, and hence the reason why 2 trillion debt-laden England is now panicking. NI would have no wish to remain in a debt-laden economy devoid of resources where interest rates would rocket, and so NI is off too.

The good ship Britannia is holed below the waterline, while the good ship Caledonia has set sail to remain engaged with Europe and the wider world.

Europe is a market for Scottish produce and services that is eight times larger than the English market is. Scotland needs that huge market. England will still need Scottish oil, energy, aggregates, forestry, fishing grounds and defence assets in Scotland, ONLY, they'll have to pay for them, instead of getting them for free.

Since Scotland only retains a mere 8% of its own resources wealth within this union, and not 100% outwith, then clearly, Scots stand to retain a more than 12-FOLD increase in resources wealth retention. Not a 12% increase, but a 12-FOLD increase.

Scottish independence, secure in Europe, and Nato, is a 'no-brainer'.

A sad pity that Boris, JRM and Gordon Brown do not possess the economic intellect and business acumen to realise the blindingly obvious.

Here - 100% / 8% = 12.5

What could Scots do with a more than 12-fold increase in resources retention ?

Glasgow doesn't even have an underground system that services the outer reaches of the city. Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city, has no underground, at all.

London has Crossrail 1,2 and 3. England has the Channel Tunnel. Eurostar. HS1,2 and 3, the M25,.......built with Scottish oil wealth.

Germany does not give 92% of its wealth to France. Nor is the reverse true. Why then should Scots continue to give 92% of their own resources wealth away for free to a Tory government which the Scots didn't vote for, which was essentially elected by another People, and which sits in another parliament, in another country ?

Scots have three times the death rate of England in drug and alcohol issues, borne out of lack of life chances and total and utter despair for our young. England has better jobs, better pensions, higher salaries and very much higher accrued wealth, yet prices for both Scots and English for essential items remain the same. Or are they ? Not when expressed as a percentage of accrued respective incomes and wealth. Are they ?

Only two things have thus far held this 'union' together. Widespread Scottish ignorance. And widespread English deception.

Scotland IS a very rich country, yet our people live in relative poverty.

WE, could end that - tomorrow

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 17th Dec 2019, 03:28pm
Post #21718

Mega City Key Holder
So Bilbo, you will be coming back to Scotland after it gets Independence? With your accountancy skills you will be able to count the number of drug related deaths in Scotland, at the end of its first financial year. You can then shout from the rooftop, “ Blame the bloody English”.

What a demeaning argument you have posted.

Another self exiled loudmouth. Come back here to live then you can open your mouth.

If the people of Scotland decide to leave the EU it won’t be because of rants like you just quoted.
It will be because of their personal life experiences. Haven’t you learned anything from the Labour Party’s fate?

The problem for the SNP is they have, in effect, said to the Scottish electorate that we have to be in the EU to survive. So by the time the next Independence referendum comes, we will have had the opportunity to experience life outside the EU. So maybe the clamour for EU membership by the SNP will be ignored by many Scots. However, the SNP will have to put in their manifesto, that a vote for Independence is a vote for joining the EU.

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 17th Dec 2019, 06:19pm
Post #21719

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Attached Image

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
caltonjock
post 17th Dec 2019, 06:53pm
Post #21720

City Key Holder
Member No.: 26,386

Lord Andrew Dunlop. Thatcher's man who brought forward and introduced the Poll Tax in Scotland. Now Boris Johnsons Minister for the destruction of the Scottish parliament. Said in the house of lords recently:

"Attention should be paid to the machinery of intergovernmental relations, which needs to be strengthened. We also need to look at the cross-UK synergies, weakened since devolution, which need to be reinvigorated. We need to pursue a decentralized, pan-UK strategy for rebalancing the economy, driven by city regions across the country. This means moving away from seeing everything through a four-nation prism. Many of the problems confronting Glasgow, for example, are similar to those of Manchester or Birmingham. They provide embryonic structures that can be built upon. There are two years until the next Holyrood elections. Strengthening our union must be an urgent priority whatever our post-Brexit future."

Diligent readers of my blog will be alerted to just who is driving the agenda for change in Scotland and it not Nicola Sturgeon. Dunlop has unfinished business with Scotland and he intends extinguishing the flame of independence forever.

https://caltonjock.com/2019/12/17/scottish-...this-carefully/

+Quote Post

1454 Pages V  « < 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.