Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

121 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
wombat
post 1st Mar 2020, 07:10pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 1st Mar 2020, 07:24am) *
Not enough Whites in the country for that to work.
'Muti' Witch doctor medicine is strongest when the main ingredient, body parts from a human sacrifice is taken while the victim is alive.
Strongest 'Muti' of all is taken from a White victim.

laugh.gif so thats how yie got that neck scar tongue.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 1st Mar 2020, 07:34pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Completely agree with you re. cold vs flu. I have not had flu for the past 40 years, but loads of colds, but a lot fewer since we moved to Spain and they only last 2 or 3 days. When I last had flu, I had no respiratory symptoms, only felt it an effort to do anything like lifting an arm.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 1st Mar 2020, 07:49pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif since i quit boozin i sail thru that flu crap, usually only get a snotty nose for a few days .

I exercise daily .

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 1st Mar 2020, 07:55pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Flu and myself are strangers as is the cold. Cant remember the last time something like that affected me.
Malaria thats something else lost 16 kilos the last time and had comebacks for the next three years I think it was.

+Quote Post
taurus
post 1st Mar 2020, 09:09pm
Post #35

City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,391
kiwilass,I think I personally will stick with the unhealthy hot climate in lieu of the chance of an earthquake. The very thought of a building falling down on me gives me the horrors,I don`t go in lifts or shut the toilet door,imagine me in an earthquake.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 1st Mar 2020, 11:01pm
Post #36

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
For the first 15 years here in Christchurch, I never gave earthquakes a second thought. Roll on 2009 and our lives changed forever. I agree, it is very hard to live with the big ones, then putting up with 12,000 or so after-shocks. It is taking time to rebuild the city and some buildings, including the Cathedral, won't be repaired in my lifetime. Still, the city is looking great and there are some fabulous new buildings.

Unbelievably, there are still many people who have chosen to settled here, one friend moved from Hamilton to Christchurch just after the February 2010 big one that did the most damage.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 2nd Mar 2020, 12:32pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Never experienced a full blown earthquake as such but many years ago I was woken by what I can only describe as a steam locomotive thundering towards me as I lay in bed.
I could hear it and feel it as it came from a great distance until it eventually passed under th flat I was in and carried on northwards.
My bedroom window covered the entire wall and I watched as the very fast vibration slowly died down.
My wife slept right through.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 2nd Mar 2020, 04:00pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I remember my bed moved for about 3 minutes or less. I had gone to bed after a night duty, dog tired, just about ready to fall over when it happened. Got the fright of my life. Found out later there was a tremor somewhere near Dumfries.

I recall thinking that was just a tremor, wonder what an earthquake would feel like

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 2nd Mar 2020, 04:41pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I've never experienced an earthquake either and would happy pass on the experience. We were on a camping holiday in Wales, back in the 80s, and planned an early rise. This was to take photographs and drive over to Snowdon to catch the first train of the day to the summit. As we drove over, we were a bit bemused to see folk wandering around outside their houses in their night attire. Takes all sorts we thought cool.gif . It was only when we got to the top of Snowdon, we overheard a guy broadcasting on a CB radio saying there had been an earthquake. We missed it all, presumably because we were in the car in transit, never felt a thing.

There had been some structural damage to property but, thankfully, no one was hurt.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
taurus
post 2nd Mar 2020, 07:41pm
Post #40

City Key Holder
in 1989 the days before Email,I lways eagerly looked forward to my snail mail ,especially from my brother in Glasgow,and this day I just got in from the mail box,sat on the chair to open it,when the whole floor rumbled in a terryfying way. I laughed for a minute thinking his letters are always good but not that good. ha ha. Sadly it was a real earhquake in Newcastle,a couple of hundred miles away. Their local club bore the brunt of it,when it was pensioners day,a lot of couples returning to their cars in the underground carpark,and killed. That`s the only earthquake I am familiar with,we don`t get them like NZ

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 3rd Mar 2020, 05:23am
Post #41

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
I often wonder if I had known about the earthquakes in NZ, I might have thought twice about emigrating here. The damaging shakes of 2010 and 2011 were the biggest since the shakes in Napier in the 1920s, I think. Wellington will be hit hard in a strong earthquake, and there is only one major road out of the city, so God help them in a tsunami.

Now, after the volcanic eruption on White Island, that is one more thing to worry about, if you are a worrier! Thankfully, we don't have that threat, only extinct volcanoes. We are mostly now very well informed about what to do in an earthquake or a tsunami. Fortunately I live far enough away from the seaside communities so feel safe enough.

The last big quake here was over a year ago and it was a biggie, 7.8 magnitude I think. It was centered on the Kaikoura coast and did massive damage to roads and railways but no loss of life. I did feel it here in Christchurch and initially thought it must have been the Alpine fault that could rupture at any time.

It is still a beautiful country, so any prospective visitors shouldn't be put off.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
beth
post 3rd Mar 2020, 06:31am
Post #42

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8,349
Allan visited Christchurch on business, just before the big one and was well impressed. He felt so sad seeing the devastation after the quake. He would love to go back on holiday,but it is just a flight too far for us. Friends have also visited and love it, but their children live in Tasmania so it is not so far for them when visiting their children

+Quote Post
taurus
post 3rd Mar 2020, 10:23am
Post #43

City Key Holder
It`s the same thing in California,they have this fault line hanging over their lives always,but they just go on living normal lives and hope for the best. Life is not perfect anywhere,so it`s just make the best of it.

+Quote Post
beth
post 5th Mar 2020, 02:27pm
Post #44

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8,349
Well it has finally reached SA and right here in our own province KZN 38 year old man just back from Italy

+Quote Post
carmella
post 5th Mar 2020, 05:22pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
This past two days one victim in my county, but no idea where due to patient confidentiality, they won’t divulge!

Iam in South Ayrshire, and have heard it may be someone in East Ayrshire.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post

121 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.