Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Govan
Olden_Pleh
post 20th Oct 2019, 05:51am
Post #76

Settling In
Member No.: 6,723
QUOTE (lubbock @ 18th May 2014, 06:34am) *
... thinking back to my days as a young boy playing in Hoey St.

Hi, my dad Danny MacCauley grew up in 1 Hoey St, he was born in 1929. I was back there looking for the street in 2015 & was sad to see it had been levelled & redeveloped.

I loved looking around Govan nonetheless & was happy that quite a bit of the old parts were still there. My aunt walked around with me & she was shocked how much it had changed around Hoey St. She still lives in Drummoyne but hadn't been down that way for ages as she's quite elderly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
taurus
post 20th Oct 2019, 08:32pm
Post #77

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
I am descended on my mother`s side, from a family from Linthouse",Rountree",unusual spelling,but I have never been able to know any more about them ,except my grandafather James Harrigan married Mary Rountree in 1890,then went to live in the Calton.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.