Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Italian Immigrants
Yogihughes
post 4th Mar 2011, 10:51am
Post #46

Visitor
Member No.: 10,297
My wife is nee Ferla and doing the family tree I've found out that the Ferlas are/were involved with the Bonicis, the Torricellis and the Sassarinis. When Virginia went to America in 1914 she left a brother Frank at 329 Cumberland St.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misspandalebear
post 5th Jul 2012, 09:28pm
Post #47

Unpacking
Member No.: 13,107
Hi Wee Jean,

I have not long started researching my family history and think you might be able to help me, or perhaps disprove my hunch, either way would be helpful.
I had found a family on the 1901 census whilst looking for my great grandfather Anthony Phillips. The only confirmed information I have is his name on my grandmothers birth certificate where he is registered to be living in Glasgow, Rose Street, South. (Nov. 1910)
After hunting high and low, the only feasible Anthony Phillips is the Anthony De Phillips in the 1901 Census.... I am sure by the other names in the household that this would be your relative.
(Francesga, Francis, Christopher, Anthony, Michael and Michael Angela are all listed)

My Anthony is listed as father on my grandmothers birth certificate as a fish curer.
His daughter named Barbara Phillips and her mother, Barbara Thom (wife of William Rosenthall)

I would be very greatful if you were able to either confirm or disprove this as I am unable to pursue this line any further at the moment.
But perhaps, also, I may be another distant relative of yourself... which would be a very lucky find indeed.

Thank you for your time
Amanda smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.