Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Family Research, hard to find or have you started?
Rating 5 V
MacPean
post 28th Jul 2014, 05:29pm
Post #271

Visitor
Member No.: 6,527
QUOTE (robertpaterson @ 28th Jul 2014, 04:19pm) *
I'm not sure if something has changed since May but I was able to have a reserved terminal in the genealogy room of the Mitchell Library for the whole day for £15. This included unlimited access to the records of Scotlands People. The big difference, though, was that the available records were right up until the past year. Online, only historic records are available.

It has changed only recently Robert, you used to have to go to Martha St and Park Circus for this information. Its great having it all in the one place on the one floor smile.gif

--------------------
Just waiting for my Hogwarts letter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RonD
post 7th Feb 2015, 09:53pm
Post #272

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Time to throw out my family lines and see if there are ¨Cousins¨ out there. Names of my interest are:
Dempsey, Bonar, Hampton, Wilson (2) Brown, O´Donnell (2), Stewart (2), Morgan, McNeillis, McDonald (Irish), Watson, Thomson, Murray. Barclay, MacPherson.

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Feb 2015, 11:38pm
Post #273

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (RonD @ 7th Feb 2015, 11:10pm) *
Time to throw out my family lines and see if there are ¨Cousins¨ out there. Names of my interest are:
Dempsey, Bonar, Hampton, Wilson (2) Brown, O´Donnell (2), Stewart (2), Morgan, McNeillis, McDonald (Irish), Watson, Thomson, Murray. Barclay, MacPherson.

Well Ron, I'm a Stewart with Watson as a granny, but there's an awful lot of us out there !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
RonD
post 8th Feb 2015, 01:27am
Post #274

Mega City Key Holder
1 Stewart family was from Laurencekirk, and Strachan, near Aberdeen. Teh other Stewart was from Montrose area. Watson from Arbuthnott parish.

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th Feb 2015, 09:28am
Post #275

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Ron. my only connection with the North East is that I lived there for 38 years. smile.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
cathy52
post 8th Feb 2015, 04:42pm
Post #276

Super Resident
Member No.: 11,625
I am trying to find a great aunt,the last date i have of her is 1925 but i found her son who died in 1970 in dunoon ,dont know what to look up to see if i can find her ,cant seem to find any death cert for her.

+Quote Post
RonD
post 8th Feb 2015, 08:02pm
Post #277

Mega City Key Holder
What was her name and other information you have on her, names, places, dates etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cathy52
post 9th Feb 2015, 02:05am
Post #278

Super Resident
She was susan kelly born 19.00 ayr on her sons death cert she was still susan kelly i traced her up to 1925 when she left kyle poorhouse in ayr.cant find her after that.

+Quote Post
RonD
post 9th Feb 2015, 01:46pm
Post #279

Mega City Key Holder
I remember we looked for her previously Cathy. I did search for a Susan Kell* (* in case of other spellings) born 1900 for her death from 1925 to 19080 in Ayrshire and there were two. If you go to scotlandspeople.gov.uk you can pursue it. it will cost you a few pounds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cathy52
post 9th Feb 2015, 05:22pm
Post #280

Super Resident
Thanks ron thats right forgot about that ,remembered when i read your post,thanks again. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
S190140
post 13th Aug 2015, 11:18pm
Post #281

Unpacking
Member No.: 30,437
One of the best things I have done in a long time was research my family history. A trip to Scotland's People is highly recommended!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.