Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Dance Hall In The Tenement Basement, TEENAGERS IN THE 1960'S IN SPRINGBURN
Avril
post 28th Aug 2006, 08:56pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,509
Does anyone remember the dance hall that was in the basement of a tenement in Springburn Road? I think it was orignally an air raid shelter. I have mentioned this to many people and they don 't remember it? I went to Albert Secondary School and we used to go there in the early '60's on a Saturday night, it was like being down in a cave....great atmosphere! Some of the boys from our school had a band and they used to play there. rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Avril

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 08:37am
Post #2

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
sorry dont know the area, but there was one , a dance club in a tenement at Whitevale st near the Gallowgate in the early 60s..

+Quote Post
Avril
post 22nd Oct 2010, 09:06am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,509
Thanks dizzybint, A reply at last after 4 years smile.gif Ah wiz beginnin' tae think that everybody was sleepin' ur maybe ah'm usin'the wrang deodorant laugh.gif

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 10:48am
Post #4

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
naw Avril am sure you smell like a daisy.. i hadnt noticed when that was posted, jeez all that time and not an answer, whats wrong with some folk hahahaha... sorry I couldnt help you there..

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.