Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

207 Pages V  « < 199 200 201 202 203 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
kenb
post 5th Aug 2017, 09:57pm
Post #3001

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
GG favourite Mathison (whatever happened to him and Dylan?) :unsure:PROBABLY ALL THE NAME CALLING ETC ETC THE SAME REASONS I LEFT
[/quote]

--------------------
WEY HEY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 5th Aug 2017, 10:08pm
Post #3002

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
[quote name='kenb' date='5th Aug 2017, 10:57pm' post='3733030']
GG favourite Mathison (whatever happened to him and Dylan?)
[/quote ]

rolleyes.gif no maracas ?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
angel
post 6th Aug 2017, 12:24am
Post #3003

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
[quote name='wombat' date='5th Aug 2017, 10:08pm' post='3733031']
[quote name='kenb' date='5th Aug 2017, 10:57pm' post='3733030']
GG favourite Mathison (whatever happened to him and Dylan?)
[/quote ]

rolleyes.gif no maracas ?

Yes , thats a shame Wombat and both of them enjoyed music !
I miss them smile.gif

They probably quit for the same reasons that others
did .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Aug 2017, 02:07am
Post #3004

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (kenb @ 5th Aug 2017, 08:21pm) *
to every one else i mayhave upset i apoligize

I don't think you've upset anyone Ken, so no need to apologise, you've just made yourself look rather foolish in my opinion.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Aug 2017, 02:11am
Post #3005

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (kenb @ 5th Aug 2017, 10:57pm) *
PROBABLY ALL THE NAME CALLING ETC ETC THE SAME REASONS I LEFT

I'll refer you to my previous Pots And Kettles post. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 8th Aug 2017, 09:26am
Post #3006

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Clearly Mr Clegg is a very odd Democrat but no doubt this will cheer up Jagz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of Britain’s membership of the European Union are to stage a protest march outside the next Conservative Party conference – with the stated aim of stopping Brexit.

The Manchester march will probably coincide with other mass protests against the conference – which have been a fixture of the party’s gatherings in recent years.

The protest, organised by Stop Brexit, will take place a month after another march on Parliament, staged by the People’s March for Europe group. Pro-EU activists have pledged an “autumn of discontent” against Brexit.

The Manchester march will begin on 1 October, the first day of the conference, and gather at Platt Fields. Speakers at the march’s rallies are expected to include former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg and former Labour adviser Alastair Campbell.

Mr Clegg’s involvement is a major turnaround for the former Deputy Prime Minister, who previously served in a Tory-led cabinet. The Liberal Democrats are formally backing the march, arguing that they cannot “ignore the harm Theresa May’s Brexit will do to future generations”.

Peter French, of Stop Brexit, said: “This is our chance to actually let the people in the north of England have their voices heard because they have been neglected in every other way and this is a chance to give them their voice as well.

“And this is a chance to hopefully start to turn this around. Our aim is to actually stop the Brexit process and I think things are beginning to turn in that direction. We have a long fight on our hands but I think it is something that is achievable.”

Tom Brake, the Liberal Democrats’ foreign affairs spokesperson said: “Brexit is the battle of our lives and it is vital we make the Conservatives see the strength of feeling against their disastrous extreme Brexit, which threatens to crash the economy and damage the life chances of millions.

“They are heading for the very most reckless of Brexits in the teeth of public opposition to leaving the single market. Liberal Democrats didn’t take the decision lightly to protest at another party’s conference but we can’t ignore the harm Theresa May’s Brexit will do to future generations.

“Liberal Democrats on the march will protest peacefully and in good spirit but ministers should be under no illusions that a lot of people are very, very angry at their disastrous handling of Brexit, which has made a difficult situation a million times worse.”

Pro-EU protesters have held a series of marches across the country and in the capital since the EU referendum result. The protests have so far failed to change policy.
Share|
report block user |

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 8th Aug 2017, 10:55am
Post #3007

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Didn't the Lib-Dems do badly at the recent general election? Nick Clegg lost his seat?

Is this how you behave in a democratic society?

The vote was for staying in or leaving the EU. The vote wasn't for what policies would be implemented after Brexit. The electorate voted,and the unexpected happened. It is now up to the politicians of ALL political parties to start showing some respect for those who voted to leave the EU.

By that I do not mean they have to agree with everything that Theresa May is proposing, but at least let the negotiations get started and then decide democratically to approve, or otherwise, with the proposed actions.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th Aug 2017, 09:14am
Post #3008

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 8th Aug 2017, 10:26am) *
Clearly Mr Clegg is a very odd Democrat but no doubt this will cheer up Jagz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lovely Summer's day like today i couldn't be more cheery. biggrin.gif

I don't want to stop Brexit, i'm enjoying the show, pass the popcorn. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th Aug 2017, 11:25pm
Post #3009

Mega City Key Holder
I never believed a word he said in 2014 yet the Britnats like Dykejumper hung on his every word and told us he was almost like the word of God, so perhaps DJ can tell me why i shouldn't believe him now?

Or not.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/ex-cha...KOMp?li=BBoPWjQ

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th Aug 2017, 06:12pm
Post #3010

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Excellent piece from a friend:-

Copied from John Laforge.
I know this is going over old ground but I need to know if I'm on the right lines. This is just my opinion. What's yours..?

When the lunacy of Brexit is eventually reversed or simply withers on the vine (one or the other will surely come to pass), I want my residual anger to be directed towards the right group of people. The group who bear by far the biggest responsibility for the wounds that could take a generation to heal - if we're lucky.

I'm wondering if I should continue to be mad at the uneducated and politically disconnected. They've always been around. The folk who's only glimpse of the news is when they're flicking through the channels looking for Jeremy Kyle. They just didn't get an education. They happen to live in a country with one of the very worst school-leaver literacy and numeracy rates in the western world. Is it really their fault that they believe what they're told..?

I'm also considering if I should be wasting any more energy, being mad at xenophobes and outright racists. All developed countries have a small percentage of ignorant, stupid, small-minded bigots and the UK is no exception. However... slowly evolving attitudes meant they had to keep it under wraps. Of course we've always had small extremist groups but the overt and later the casual racism of the 60's, 70's & 80's has been hidden away and slowly declining. Slowly declining right up to Spring 2016.

Should I be fuming at the right-wing political elite..? With one or two exceptions they've always lied and cheated. They've always been self-serving, egotistical narcissists. They are almost without exception multi-millionaires, from multi-millionaire families. They are almost without exception the product of elite public schools, where their privileged position in society is reinforced from Reception and Year One, right through to graduation and a job in finance or politics. They can speak Latin and quote Shakespeare but need to 'get a man in' to change a plug. Is it their fault that they were the product of some kind of 'Lord Snooty' production line, getting elected into safe seats because we're so collectively dumb that we fall for it over and over..?

I'll tell you who I think I'm going to stay really mad at: The Millie Dowler phone hacking, dead soldier email intercepting, Hillsborough denying owner of the Super Soaraway Scum that is Rupert effing Murdoch, that's who - along with Richard effing Desmond, Jonathan effing Harmsworth and the effing Barclay Brothers.

Be under no illusion, these off-shore cash-stuffing multi-zillionaires HAD to play the role of facilitators, or the con wouldn't work. And they played a blinder.

Three solid months of preposterous, dog-whistle, anti EU, headlines was all it took to wrap-up all the rhetoric, misinformation and lies into one big homogenised lump of EU xenophobia. Then supply pitchforks and flaming torches to an enraged minority of politically disenfranchised, who now understood that all their problems were caused by the EU and foreigners, instead of the Tory government who promised (and delivered) austerity - probably the only promise they ever kept.

The vanity and arrogant ineptitude of Cameron in calling referendum in the first place but not bothering to give 16 year-olds the vote (like in the Scottish Indy Ref) because Remain are bound to win. Johnson standing next to the bus. The 'Foghorn of Ignorance' posing in front of the poster. Davis and Gove having enough of experts. The facile spoutings of disgraced former Defence Minister Liam Fox. The urgent need to control our borders - when we already had complete control AND we occupy an island. The desperation to take back sovereignty - sovereignty we always had. The hatred of the unelected EU parliament - the EU Parliament with MEP's who we elect, along with the ridiculous notion that we would be better-off by turning our back on the world's biggest free-trade area - right on our doorstep.

None of this would have been greeted by much more than derision and laughter by the majority of voters if any of the Nonsense and lies had been challenged by our so-called free-press. Instead the crap was relentlessly regurgitated and reinforced in order to hammer home the message to the dull-wits and headline-skimmers. Relentlessly regurgitated and reinforced so that enough of them sought-out the location of their polling station and voted Leave - as they'd been told to.

In a country of 60 million, had just 634,751 people voted Remain instead of Leave then Remain would have won.

Led by Rupert effing Murdoch, these five press-barons decided that the UK should leave the EU. These unelected megalomaniacs decided that my children and grandchildren should be denied the right to live, love, travel, work and study in a peaceful, free European Union.

Democracy my arse.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th Aug 2017, 07:57am
Post #3011

Mega City Key Holder
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/will...dushpmg00000003

Well, we need a bit of a larff while we still can.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Aug 2017, 09:28pm
Post #3012

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Bilbo

I can't understand your logic.

enrique started a topic, No One To Vote For, Election, on 20th April 2017.

The point he was trying to make, and which I am sure many will agree with, was that he is stumped for which political party to vote for.

You responded, by saying, with respect, that his idea of democracy is different from yours. You told him to get out and vote for what he believs is right for Scotland.

Now you have the gall, not for the first time, to post links and quotes, decrying those who voted to leave, as being uneducated, followers of right wingers, racists, etc. Cameron is also denounced for calling the Brexit referendum in the first place. The loud mouth you quote wants the decision to leave, reversed..

Here are the facts. In a democratic election, the majority voted to leave. If the vote had gone the other way, and the same disruption was taking place, you would be the first one to say that democracy must prevail.

So please don't make out you are a democratic person. Your a fanatic who has lost the place. You can only accept democracy prevails if the result is the one you wanted.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 13th Aug 2017, 10:30pm
Post #3013

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Indeed Danny also added to this hypocrisy is those wanting different rules for certain referendums, 50%+1 is plenty for Scottish independence but the goalposts for UK independence should be moved again and again and then the result just ignored anyway.
Just recently a former government adviser James Chapman called for a new political party to be set up to oppose Brexit and it was to be called the Democrats, their first call would of course be to ignore democracy and plead with the EU to be let back in. Obviously not the brightest as the Liberal democrats stood on a platform for holding another referendum and lost more votes
We had a referendum on the matter, I haven't changed my mind, those I know who voted leave haven't changed their mind, in fact like me their view has become stronger every time some sad wee whinging bremoaner greets that the majorities view should be ignored.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 15th Aug 2017, 12:39pm
Post #3014

Mega City Key Holder
A typical view from Europe, which does not cause much mirth among UK citizens here, and will cause less in UK in time. I just know that someone is dying to point out that Switzerland is not in EU, but how exactly does that affect the validity of their view? Brexit will be a disaster!

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
angel
post 15th Aug 2017, 07:38pm
Post #3015

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675

This is my third try on posting a comment on the Brexit problem ,
for some reason my post is not accepted , anyway, never say die.

I do not know much about Brexit but I do know that Canada does do trading within the EU union also The UK before there ever was an EU
trade deal .

However I would like to mention the although on this thread the
immigration of europeans seems to be the PITS, especially within
Scotland , eg , reading this topic , I have read that Scotland plus the
other three countries in this union , do receive payments from the
UK government for taking in excess immigrants . so maybe its time to
deal with the scottish government and say enough is enough. .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post

207 Pages V  « < 199 200 201 202 203 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.