Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Childhood Dreams, Did any come true.....?
Avril
post 9th Dec 2006, 01:22am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,509
Linda, to love and be loved is a lovely dream for any child to have......true love is something very precious that money can't buy ......somebody up there was paying attention to your dreams and sent your soul mate to you!!! smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumac
post 10th Dec 2006, 03:55pm
Post #17

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
As a wee girl, I wanted nothing more than to be a nurse. Every time I played houses or pretend games with my sisters or friends, I was always Nurse Westerwood (don't know where I got that name, but never mind!).
However, when I was 16 I wrote to the Nursing Association who had their offices up Sauchiehall Street. I explained that I had always wanted to be a nurse, still did, but the sight of blood made me feel sick or faint, did they think that would be a problem( wub.gif idiot!). Back came the reply that they didn't want nurses who keeled over every time there was a wee drop of blood! Don't call us, we'll call you!
I never got to be a nurse - but having children and being a teacher soon put an end to my squeamishness around blood! Could they not have told me I would get used to it? Why did they not just give me a chance? sad.gif

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
Avril
post 11th Dec 2006, 08:10am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,509
From as far back as I can remember, I loved to sing...I still do! My parents used to take me to The Pavilion, The Empire, The Empress (which later became the Metropole at St. Georges Cross) and The Winter Gardens in Rothesay from when I was very young. I longed to be up there with the rest of the cast, on the stage belting out songs. When I was a teenager, I went to folk clubs and was the girl singer with a group...all very informal and no microphones. I met my husband at the age of 18 and carried on going to the folk clubs but then we got engaged at 20, married at 21, first baby at 22, 2nd baby at 23. Our 3rd baby arrived 5 years later when I was 28, so there was no time for a singing career, but I sang all the time to my children and have tapes of us singing from when they were old enough to talk. They are 36, 35 and 29 now and know all the words of all the old songs!

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 11th Dec 2006, 01:36pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
biggrin.gif Thats a lovely thing that furr you & yer weans tae share yer dream & captured oan tape as well,Georgia ye wurr a singer & by sounds o it ye still urr,here noo that soonded awfy familiar that wantin tae sing & in the Rothsay wintergerdens anawe ah think ye telt me this afore hen gawn yersel ya wee chanter so rerr sing furr as long as ye live ma china! wub.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
sugaqueen
post 23rd Feb 2008, 07:17pm
Post #20

Settling In
Member No.: 5,393
i wanted to be a nun, it never happened cause i got 4 kids lol

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 23rd Feb 2008, 08:50pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,796
Sumac... When we got married,my Wife couldn`t face a Crappy Nappie, Then spent over 20 Years Working OB/GYN to O.R. to Clinics.

+Quote Post
angel
post 24th Feb 2008, 02:10am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
laugh.gif I wanted to be a bus conductress,, big ambition,. laugh.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
mrssnuffy
post 12th Feb 2010, 09:57pm
Post #23

Super Visitor
Member No.: 8,120
I wanted to be Ginger Rogers and ruined my Ma's sofa by "dancing" off and on it. Unfortunately, there was no Fred so my career didn't pan out!!! TRhe other thing I used to do was look out the tramcaur windaes at all the lovely dress shops in the town and imagine having the most fabulous wardrobe, especially those "come dancing" poofy dresses!!

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 12th Feb 2010, 11:08pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
As a kid I really wanted to be a cowboy.
As an adult I was contracting in the aircraft industry ... so I guess I made it tongue.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 12th Feb 2010, 11:23pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
I would have loved to be an actress, once I saw Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind a said tae maself and ma mother , mum thats just me up there and can a have some acting lessons.
Mother said Lass yoor already a drama queen unsure.gif But Gone with the wind is one of
my alltime favorite films and one that I have seen form start to finish.....very unusual for me.

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 08:54am
Post #26

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
Right here we go.... mine wiz smashin,,, aw ah wanted wiz a white horse that I could tie to the lampost under my windae.. a red cowgirl suit with fringes and high white boots wae a matching hat... no much tae ask noo wiz it...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.