Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whips And Peeries, A wee wooden top that you whipped to go round
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 08:52am
Post #1

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
OH ah loved ma whip and peerie, we used to put chalk in different colours on the top and a tac, and when ye wheeched the whip and got it goin, it went rainbow colours... oh the joys back then hahaha simple things for simple minds hahaha.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
olly12
post 28th Feb 2013, 10:30pm
Post #2

Visitor
Member No.: 6,105
Had great fun with my whip and peeri,done the same things dizzybint was thinking about them the other day great days happy memories if we could then back time.

+Quote Post
Heather
post 28th Feb 2013, 10:39pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Now the children sit with their face glued to the latest Ipad.
I wonder what memories they will grow up with as they seem to have lost the art of just playing games with each other. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
Melody
post 1st Mar 2013, 08:48am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
What did ye call those things that weans played with it was a metal gird and something? I remember my Dad saying that he used to run for the messages with one when he was a wee boy. I know Heather it's a shame about children being stuck with these electronic things. They seem so anti social. We still have lots of board games here and when we bring them out sometimes when our grown up family are here we all still have great fun. Mind families used to play cards for pennies on a Sunday? Happy days. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 1st Mar 2013, 09:06am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Gird & cleek, Missus. Often made from old bike wheel minus spokes. Some warriors in Shettleston ran around with car tyres, mind you.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
irrie
post 1st Mar 2013, 09:06am
Post #6

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
Our whole family used to go to my granny and granda Mclaughlans in Rolland St every Sunday night.The adults played Newmarket or The big tottie as they called it. As the oldest grandchild i got sent for the fish suppers which the winner at cards had to pay for. probably cost them money when i think of it. Happy days.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 1st Mar 2013, 09:25am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Thanks Bilbo.s. smile.gif

Irrie, it's funny when we talk about these things ye'd think we'd all been brought up in the same house. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 1st Mar 2013, 09:29am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Gambling on a Sunday? Tsk,tsk! An´ah´m supposed tae be the heathen ! laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
serabash
post 1st Mar 2013, 09:59am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
ma granda used tae get us tae pull oor mooths tight finger in each side and say send me doon ma whip an peerie biggrin.gif your awe trying it noo in't ye laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.