Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

293 Pages V  « < 278 279 280 281 282 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
DannyH
post 15th Jul 2019, 09:50am
Post #4186

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Jul 2019, 07:00am) *
I normally find when someone throws insults they've lost the argument, i specifically made the point that Alf Garnett was a fictional character, but you can't deny there were (and still is) people like him.

Jagz, this topic is Replying to the UK Independence Referendum. Okay, there were and still are people like him. What relevance that has to do with the topic is beyond me..

It is you who has been insulting other contributors to this topic and that of The Scottish Independence forum. That is one of the reasons these forums died long ago.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 16th Jul 2019, 09:19pm
Post #4187

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Jul 2019, 10:50am) *
Jagz, this topic is Replying to the UK Independence Referendum. Okay, there were and still are people like him. What relevance that has to do with the topic is beyond me..

It is you who has been insulting other contributors to this topic and that of The Scottish Independence forum. That is one of the reasons these forums died long ago.

Danny

I'll tell you what relevance it has Danny, it was you that brought up the "If they had been alive, I can assure you the result of the EU referendum would have had a a bigger majority to leave the EU." why you can't remember introducing that generation to this topic is beyond me?

Can you give me any examples of myself "insulting other contributors to this topic and that of The Scottish Independence forum" as i have always been respectful to you.

I'd certainly never ask you if you were the full shilling, or tell you " You are definitely brainwashed".

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 16th Jul 2019, 10:24pm
Post #4188

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 16th Jul 2019, 10:19pm) *
I'll tell you what relevance it has Danny, it was you that brought up the "If they had been alive, I can assure you the result of the EU referendum would have had a a bigger majority to leave the EU." why you can't remember introducing that generation to this topic is beyond me?

Can you give me any examples of myself "insulting other contributors to this topic and that of The Scottish Independence forum" as i have always been respectful to you.

I'd certainly never ask you if you were the full shilling, or tell you " You are definitely brainwashed".

Jagz it gives me no pleasure whatsoever that our relationship has deteriorated the way it has. Both of us are old enough to know that when politics or religion become the issue under discussion, friendships sadly go out the door.

A significant number of contributors to the two political forums on this website, stopped posting some time ago. I am not suggesting that all of those who have given up, voted differently from you. What I am suggesting is that they had the sense to realise that in both cases, the electorate had cast their votes. The issues they had been asked to vote on had been resolved. The result of the Scotland Referendum settled that issue. However the result of the EU referendum was rejected by the majority of MP’s at Westminster.

On this forum, you have done nothing but blame the Tories, and ridicule people if their political beliefs are different from yours. Also, I will stand corrected if you can refer me to any post you have made which expresses any concern for the manufacturing industries in the UK.

I make no apology for bringing my generation into this forum, but I will have to end this post in order to go back and read my post you are referring to.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Jul 2019, 07:16am
Post #4189

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 16th Jul 2019, 11:24pm) *
On this forum, you have done nothing but blame the Tories

I make no apology for bringing my generation into this forum

Danny

Can you blame me, they have been in power for almost a decade and have brought the UK to it's knees by putting party before country, over one hundred thousand people have died due to Tory austerity cuts and forcing sick people back to work, can you give me one example of what they have done to improve the lives of the people?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/t...y-a8057306.html

You making no apology for bringing your generation into this topic is ok with me, but don't criticise me (Jagz, this topic is Replying to the UK Independence Referendum. Okay, there were and still are people like him. What relevance that has to do with the topic is beyond me) for replying to making them part of this topic.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Jul 2019, 07:18am
Post #4190

Mega City Key Holder
Coming to a pharmacy near you.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 17th Jul 2019, 02:25pm
Post #4191

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Jul 2019, 08:18am) *
Coming to a pharmacy near you.

Jagz

During World War 2, there were signs similar to that one, EVERY DAY, but for a wider range of every day necessities. We even had powdered milk, and dried eggs. You had to be registered with a grocer or butcher for your food. You just couldn’t walk into any shop.

If a fruit shop suddenly had a supply of bananas or or apples, word soon spread within the local community. Naturally there were winners and losers. The wee boys and lassies who were losers, would follow the wee boys and lasses who had been winners, and ask the apple eaters, “Gonnae gie us yur stump”.

That poster you have downloaded, is what was known as propaganda in those days. It’s purpose is to spread fear and alarm. It may work on the younger generation. Try putting it on Facebook. You will get millions of followers.

Look on the bright side from your perspective. If an acute shortage of medication occurs, the “ageing population” problem will be solved in a very short period of time.

Mind you, maybe you should contact the poster designers and tell them to assure drug dealers that their supplies will not be affected. Can’t have an activity that Scotland is leading the world in, to be affected by fake news.

You remind me of the old guy in Dads Army who was often heard lamenting, “We are doomed”.

Danny

+Quote Post
wombat
post 17th Jul 2019, 06:37pm
Post #4192

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 17th Jul 2019, 02:25pm) *
Jagz

You remind me of the old guy in Dads Army who was often heard lamenting, “We are doomed”.

Danny

rolleyes.gif theres an auld guy on here ,must be his twin laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 17th Jul 2019, 06:56pm
Post #4193

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 17th Jul 2019, 07:37pm) *
rolleyes.gif theres an auld guy on here ,must be his twin laugh.gif

Hello Bilbo

I never thought you and I would agree. Yep got it in one. Jagz.

Well done.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 17th Jul 2019, 08:12pm
Post #4194

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Jul 2019, 08:16am) *
Can you blame me, they have been in power for almost a decade and have brought the UK to it's knees by putting party before country, over one hundred thousand people have died due to Tory austerity cuts and forcing sick people back to work, can you give me one example of what they have done to improve the lives of the people?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/t...y-a8057306.html

You making no apology for bringing your generation into this topic is ok with me, but don't criticise me (Jagz, this topic is Replying to the UK Independence Referendum. Okay, there were and still are people like him. What relevance that has to do with the topic is beyond me) for replying to making them part of this topic.

Jagz

I will start off by saying that you must be obsessed with Brexit and Scotland’s Independence. I have lost count of the number of links you have given on these two forums. Your strategy must be that you comb the internet to find links which you think give credence to your opinion. That is fine with me, but you think that because you have posted a link, we are obliged to read it. Sorry, it doesn’t work like that.m

Once again you say that I make no apology for bringing my generation into this topic. Well actually I take offence at your attitude, if for no other reason that you and I wouldn’t be having this debate if it hadn’t been for my generation.

Here is a wee excerpt from The Hulton Getty Picture Collection, in a book simply entitled, 1950s.

“It was one of the most violent decades of all time, lacking only the homogeneity of world war, to be perhaps the worst. There was bloodshed and fighting in Asia, Africa, Europe, Central America and the Middle East. Almost all the struggles were fuelled by the desire of native peoples to be free of colonial rule, the one exception being the KOREAN War. However much the West insisted that the initiative to invade Korea had come from the United Nations, this war was between Capitalism and Communism.

I was stationed in Germany during this war. Every month, a list of names went up on a board in the dining area. This was the list giving the names of the BOYS of my generation who would be going to Korea to fight Communism. Nearly every non food product we now import comes from Communist China, (Capitalists in disguise). Thousands of people died in that conflict and you can’t see the relevance it has to this forum? To add insult to injury, you imply it was this generation which was full of Alf Garnetts. Alf Garnett was of an older generation than them.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Jul 2019, 11:41pm
Post #4195

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 17th Jul 2019, 09:12pm) *
Jagz

I will start off by saying that you must be obsessed with Brexit and Scotland’s Independence

Once again you say that I make no apology for bringing my generation into this topic. Well actually I take offence at your attitude, if for no other reason that you and I wouldn’t be having this debate if it hadn’t been for my generation.

Danny

Yes Danny, i'm most certainty obsessed by Brexit and Scotland's independence, as it affects not just my children and the future of my children's Children, but everyone else's too.

Danny, once again, no one is asking you to apologise for anything, you took offence at me making a reference to you bringing your generation into the topic.

Were you really stationed in Germany during the second world war Danny?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Jul 2019, 12:05am
Post #4196

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 18th Jul 2019, 12:41am) *
Yes Danny, i'm most certainty obsessed by Brexit and Scotland's independence, as it affects not just my children and the future of my children's Children, but everyone else's too.

Danny, once again, no one is asking you to apologise for anything, you took offence at me making a reference to you bringing your generation into the topic.

Now i'm having trouble editing Danny.

I know you meant the Korean war, but why do you give the impression you hate a country with a population of around 1.5 billion people, have you met them all?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Jul 2019, 12:10am
Post #4197

Mega City Key Holder
[quote name='DannyH' date='17th Jul 2019, 03:25pm' post='3739

Danny
[/quote]

No Danny, you are the old guy from Dad's army who is still lamenting if we stay in the EU then "We're all doomed".

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 18th Jul 2019, 08:08am
Post #4198

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876Yeah @ 18th Jul 2019, 12:41am) *

Were you really stationed in Germany during the second world war Danny?

Jagz, you are inferring that those of us who voted to leave the EU have no concern for the future of the generations who will be following us. Oh dear, what an attitude.

I am puzzled by your question asking if I was stationed in Germany during the Second World War.
The answer is no, but I survived crossing the Atlantic twice during that war. Hundreds of people including many children didn’t. I was stationed in Germany during part of the Cold War.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 18th Jul 2019, 08:16am
Post #4199

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 18th Jul 2019, 01:05am) *
Now i'm having trouble editing Danny.

I know you meant the Korean war, but why do you give the impression you hate a country with a population of around 1.5 billion people, have you met them all?

Jagz, I am not going to comment on your above question, other than to shake my head. Up until recently I thought I was dealing with a mature adult.

Dany

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Jul 2019, 09:16am
Post #4200

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 18th Jul 2019, 09:08am) *
I am puzzled by your question asking if I was stationed in Germany during the Second World War.
The answer is no, but I survived crossing the Atlantic twice during that war. Hundreds of people including many children didn’t. I was stationed in Germany during part of the Cold War.

Danny

You were clearly too "puzzled" to read my post correcting my error, but you did read it, so now i'm puzzled. unsure.gif

+Quote Post

293 Pages V  « < 278 279 280 281 282 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.