Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Universal Basic Income, Could it work?
john.mcn
post 2nd Feb 2016, 07:29pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (ktv @ 2nd Feb 2016, 09:19am) *
a little civilly put question for you john.

did you just copy and paste that post out of the tory and/or better together handbook?

Its only civil if you dont follow it with "tory and/or better together handbook"

Lets be frank here, just because your capacity to learn or understand is limiting, it does not mean the rest of us have to keep stopping to help you catch up or even worse, move at your pace.
If i had copy/pasted i would have given a source

It is quite telling that you're now criticising 'in work benefits' yet only a few weeks back you were all for the 'state' just giving people UBI to everyone

I'm sitting here thinking who is this person on t'internet saying big companies wont move to save costs, i guess you weren't around in the 80's then. Go and ask someone what factories and businesses they know off who moved to save costs, then ask what was the economic effect on that area.

Ohh and BTW whatever wages are paid, low or not, the employee may or may not pay Tax but the employer(which is what i said) will pay tax and NI for all employees..

BTW i also buy stuff from the channel islands, no tax, no vat and no benefit to the exchequer. I'm sure that they or maybe even low tax Ireland would love to welcome any multinationals to their area despite you thinking they're a curse.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 2nd Feb 2016, 08:27pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
This is a start ...

''A hotel owner who increased his staff's pay to at least 9 an hour by scrapping service charges and giving employees a share of the profits said the decision has led to a more productive - and happy - workforce.

Harry Cragoe, owner of The Gallivant hotel in Camber, East Sussex, said he believed it was "unfair" that staff who worked in the restaurant would receive tips while employees elsewhere in the company would not.

As a result, the establishment has become one of the first in the UK to alter its pay structure to pay staff at least the National Living Wage.

Speaking to the Huffington Post UK, Cragoe said that when staff were told about the new pay structure, "everyone spontaneously clapped".

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/01...ref=mostpopular

+Quote Post
ktv
post 2nd Feb 2016, 09:00pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Feb 2016, 07:37pm) *
Its only civil if you dont follow it with "tory and/or better together handbook"

maybe not a copy and paste then but the exact same stance you often belittled in the indy thread.

Lets be frank here, just because your capacity to learn or understand is limiting, it does not mean the rest of us have to keep stopping to help you catch up or even worse, move at your pace.
If i had copy/pasted i would have given a source

you attempt to constantly make yourself more intelligent than other shows you to be the dimwit you are.

It is quite telling that you're now criticising 'in work benefits' yet only a few weeks back you were all for the 'state' just giving people UBI to everyone

you clearly dont understand reality for people on poor wages.
if you work you should be paid enough so benefits are no longer needed. simple.
i clearly said "well UBI is good enough for our royals so it must be good enough for everyone else." so yet again your lying about what people say.

I'm sitting here thinking who is this person on t'internet saying big companies wont move to save costs, i guess you weren't around in the 80's then. Go and ask someone what factories and businesses they know off who moved to save costs, then ask what was the economic effect on that area.

what happened in the 80s is not relevant to todays tax dodgers.
what companies in the 80s moved to avoid paying their full share of tax?

Ohh and BTW whatever wages are paid, low or not, the employee may or may not pay Tax but the employer(which is what i said) will pay tax and NI for all employees..

so the company will pay the tax yet they dont pay it all..ie google amazon etc

BTW i also buy stuff from the channel islands, no tax, no vat and no benefit to the exchequer. I'm sure that they or maybe even low tax Ireland would love to welcome any multinationals to their area despite you thinking they're a curse.

no surprise there....you dont think anyone should pay tax but youl still use all the services people who pay their full amount are paying for. your no better than a benefits cheat or subsidy junkie.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 2nd Feb 2016, 09:02pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 2nd Feb 2016, 08:35pm) *
This is a start ...

''A hotel owner who increased his staff's pay to at least 9 an hour by scrapping service charges and giving employees a share of the profits said the decision has led to a more productive - and happy - workforce.

Harry Cragoe, owner of The Gallivant hotel in Camber, East Sussex, said he believed it was "unfair" that staff who worked in the restaurant would receive tips while employees elsewhere in the company would not.

As a result, the establishment has become one of the first in the UK to alter its pay structure to pay staff at least the National Living Wage.

Speaking to the Huffington Post UK, Cragoe said that when staff were told about the new pay structure, "everyone spontaneously clapped".

great stuff, now his staff will have a chance at a decent life.

more should do the same.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 8th Feb 2016, 12:50am
Post #35

QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 2nd Feb 2016, 08:35pm) *
This is a start ...

I fully expect that the Unions will attempt to have him shut down 'in the interest of maintaining wages and conditions".

Will boycott him and his suppliers to such an extent that his business will collapse, the staff will be retrenched and the Unions will proclaim a victory for upholding the wages and conditions of all workers.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 8th Feb 2016, 10:49am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Fully expect by who?

since when did any union try and shut done an employer because they where raising the wages of staff?

your making no sense whatsoever.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.