Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Groceries And The Butchers Vans.., Names - not remembered ..
bilbo.s
post 2nd Apr 2011, 05:25pm
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Strangely enough, in this hot climate I have never clapped eyes on an ice cream van in Spain. We get tatties, fruit and veg, clothes etc smile.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
benny
post 2nd Apr 2011, 06:16pm
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
Well, noo's yer chance, Bilbo. Ye could be the new Senor Whippy. tongue.gif

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro

+Quote Post
Agnes McManus
post 4th Sep 2011, 01:56am
Post #48

Settling In
Member No.: 11,152
Does anyone from Castlemilk remember Woods grocery van in Ardmaleish Cres ? It was a big furniture van and I think it was static cos the family just lived yards away from it. I went to school with Robert Woods at Mitchelhill primary and he had a big sister called Isobell who wore glasses.

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well - preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW! . . . .

+Quote Post
kenb
post 20th Oct 2011, 03:35pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
i remember the vans i used to work on the coop bread vanpaid in cakes bread, the ucbs cake van he would cut all the cakes as he delivered them and save the shortcakeand off cuts and crusts for us 1st year kids from kings ridge. the vans cerrans stores grocer(any thing ) izzis ice creams pokey hat ice creams,hot peas hot pies.
waughs ices ciggs etc
ronnies toms foswell
the wee walls van ice cream in grease proof paper square blocks
colin campbells fish van
the bacon /meat van the tottie van 1 stone of potatoes you got 3d i liked that van worked on it for years
the dry cleaning van
WHY SO MANY VANS WORKING IN THE DRUM COULD IT BE THE TICK THE CREDIT MAYBE BUT KEN MADE MONEY ON THEM ALL NEVER NEEDED POCKET MONEY FROM MY PARENTS
MEMORIES IN THE DRUM

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.