Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tony And Ted, Italian cafes
RonD
post 4th Jan 2006, 09:53am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
There were two Italian cafes in Bishopbriggs in the fifties both had vans. I don't know why but our family supported Tony's. The other was Ted's short for Tedesco. I'm sure I would gladly have accepted ice cream from either one!!! When I was about eight my big ambition was to be able to walk into Tony's and order a plate of hot peas and vinegar for sixpence. Not that I was crazy about peas but I thought that would have been the height of independence and maturity in other words ....."a' grown up!"

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glasgowguerilla
post 15th Jan 2006, 06:08am
Post #2

Resident
Member No.: 2,837
does anyone remember the empire bar in glasgow i think it was in the 60's i am no quite sur if anyone c an give me details i would be so glad also did anyone hear of jaconellis i was told the family somehow still run the place i am not sure if it is truie or the place is still open ...i would be glad of any input

+Quote Post
Dexter St. Clair
post 15th Jan 2006, 09:26pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,715
Jaconelli's Cafe is still in Maryhill Road although they have changed the juke box.

The Empire bar round about the Corner of Bath street West Nile street is long gone.

the Old Empire Bar in the Saltmarket is still there.

+Quote Post
Tumchie
post 16th Nov 2006, 05:51pm
Post #4

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 11
Does anyone remember the Westway Cafe? I think that's what its name was. Located on Paisley Road West. We used to go there a lot and drink hot orange. Supposed to be good for spotty faces!

+Quote Post
Gallusbisom
post 16th Nov 2006, 05:58pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 856
Yes, Tumchie, I do. My big cousin used to take me there for a McCallum now and then when he was home from the RAF. Hadn't thought of it for a long time. Magic memories. biggrin.gif GB

+Quote Post
klingon
post 15th Aug 2009, 04:00am
Post #6

Super Resident
Member No.: 4,815
QUOTE (Tumchie @ 16th Nov 2006, 07:08pm) *
Does anyone remember the Westway Cafe? I think that's what its name was. Located on Paisley Road West. We used to go there a lot and drink hot orange. Supposed to be good for spotty faces!

Aye the sugar in it gied ye spots!

--------------------
I hate two faced people-I don't know what face to punch first!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.