Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Digital Technology Dehumanizing Us?
carmella
post 14th Aug 2016, 03:19pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (DannyH @ 14th Aug 2016, 12:19pm) *
Hello Carmella

The following paragraph was Copied and Pasted from you post

I've put a link in here Danny as this is too much to explain, for fear of boring others, but this is my work background, and something I know a lot about - I put the link in for you to go over, merely to say that even way back in time, before we each had computers and mobile phones, and when I did my training at Bletchley Park initially, we were able to communicate all over the world without the internet, and this is still the case, early in my own career by the means of radio and teleprinter.

Thank you for responding to my initial post on this topic. I opened the link you provided. It gives a good insight in to what happens behind the scenes out of the public gaze.

There are not many people who can put Bletchley Park on their CV! Well done.

I have taken a note of the two books Martin mentioned in his post. It is reassuring that there are other people who are concerned about the affect 'Artificial Intelligence' is having on human beings.

Regrds

Danny

I've had a very interesting life Danny, and don't regret any of the work I've ever been involved in. I loved Bletchley Park.

Like you, I've also taken note of the books Martin has mentioned - another wee thing of mine is that I collect books, so will read and add to my collection.

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Aug 2016, 12:59am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 14th Aug 2016, 08:22am) *
Its a long way off though because programs will always be restricted by the programmers ability.

We're getting nearer. smile.gif

Computers are machines and cannot possess personality, but we can further develop and decomputerise devices to the greater enhancement of our lives.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 15th Aug 2016, 09:16am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Kem, I can only see a long, black rectangle. Is something else supposed to be there? Perhaps the rectangle has a deep and hidden meaning? huh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.