Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

22 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Priesthill
Rating 5 V
*leo123Guest*
post 18th Sep 2010, 07:13pm
Post #256

john revie you can contact me at leo-mary@live.co.uk ive put a previous reply to your post but it takes ages to get a post on here leo old pollok
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fory
post 15th Oct 2010, 06:06pm
Post #257

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,099
first A BIG HELLO TO YOU ALL ,I DONT KNOW WERE TO BEGIN , NAMES, PLACES ,SCHOOLS, SOME WONDERFULL CHILD HOOD MEMORIES THAT LAST FOREVER, AND THEY JUST NEED A LITTLE HELP FROM EVERYONE TO REKINDLE THEM , I,M A FOTHERINGHAM AND WENT TO ST ROBERTS AND THEN ON TO BELLARMINE . I LIVED AT NUMBER 37 SHILTON DRIVE TILL I WAS ABOUT 13 THEN WE MOVED TO LUNDERSTON DRIVE 47 I THINK, I USED TO PLAY FOOTBALL 24/7 AND WAS ABOUT THE ONLY CATHOLIC WHOM PLAYED FOR THE BB FOOTY TEAM . ALSO PLAYED FOR PREISTHILL BOYS CLUB HARRY MILLER IS A NAME THAT RINGS A BELL . MY BEST FREIND WAS A LAD CALLED KEITH ROBERTSON OR ROBINSON MOVED FROM SHILTON DRIVE TO PREISTHILL RD RIGHT NEXT TO THE SHOPS MOST OF MY FREINDS WERE ALL GOING TO THE BURNBRAE SCHOOL AND WE USED TO BUILD DENS IN THE BRICKY SO ME BEING THE ONLY CATHOLIC HAD TO GO TO CHURCH TO NICK THE CANDLES , MORE CONFESSIONS CANNON BURNS WASN,T TO IMPRESSED .ALSO USED TO HANG AROUND WITH SOME LADS CALLED CAMCHIE A BIT OLDER THAN ME EDDIE MACKEN NOW THIS LAD COULD GET HIS HANDS ON ANYTHING .I HAD MORE JOBS THEN THAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE HAD IN A LIFETIME . DELEVIRING MORNING PAPERS , EVENING TIMES , DRY CLEANERS , FRUIT AND VEG , AND NOT FORGETTING THE BREAD VAN . SPENDING MOST OF MY SCHOOL HOLIDAYS UP THE DAMS FISHING FOR PERCH . THIS OLDER LAD USED TO TAKE US HE WAS A STAR . I HAVE BIG SISTERS TWINS MARIE AND JANET AND A YOUNG SISTER ANNE AND A LITTLE BROTHER PAUL WHOM WAS BORN AT LUNDERSTON DRIVE . I AM AN X JOCKEY AND HAD OVER 80 RIDES IN PUBLIC WITH JUST THE 1 WINNER BUT GREAT MEMORIES AND LOTS OF GREAT STORIES I STILL RIDE OUT NOW FOR A SCOTSMAN MARK JOHNSTONE MIDDLEHAM ONLY ON A SUNDAY OR MY DAY OFF AS I,M NOW A POSTMAN GUESS WHAT I,M DOING TO/MORROW PLAYING FOOTBALL FOR MY LOCAL TEAM AS THE ARE SHORT I,M 51 THIS YEAR BUT DONT FEEL THAT OLD WERE HAVE THE YEARS GONE GUYS , IV,E ALSO CAMPED IN THE PIGGERY FOUGHT AGAINST THE TOON TONGS AT THE RAILWAY BRIDGE CHUCKED MANY A STONE SHAME ON ME AND STOOD MANY A CHARGE WHEN THEY CHARGED US . IVE LOADS OF PHOTOS JUST GETTING ROUND TO POSTING TAKE CARE HI HOH SILVER LINING TINY PRIESTY XXX

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
**leo 123**
post 16th Oct 2010, 07:53pm
Post #258

alright fory i lived next door to kieth robertson at 42 priesthill road he always reminded me of the milky bar kid with his glasses i used to go about with his younger brother stuart his mum ws a machinist who made clothes many a pair of trousers i wore i think his sister shiela still stays in priesty i waas at school with a girl called fay macken i wonder if its eddies sister i dont know if you remember willie long or chic anderson from priesthill road or stu fullerton like you i have a few photos from priesthill in the 70s but i just cant get them on to this site my sister stayed at 27 shilton drive she had a big daft white pyranean mountain dog i will try and get them on to friends reunited ps did you ever ride double blue or peppertree lane ? many a few quid i made off them leo mc phillips

+Quote Post
shadybrook stud
post 17th Oct 2010, 02:57pm
Post #259

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,103
just read all the posts ..what great memories came flooding back ....got my first burd doon the shady brook lol went to burnbrae and craigbank stayed in corsford drive ..in the 70s ..

i was explaining to my daughter how i used to build my own bike , by raking the burn for old frames and old wheels and stuff .. and she looked at me with a blank expression and said why didnt gran just not buy you a new one , where you tramps lol

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 19th Oct 2010, 12:09am
Post #260

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
QUOTE (jostto @ 1st Aug 2010, 01:20am) *
I knew Tina and Jackie Thomson that lived in Kaim Drive if thats them, they had a son Gerry who became a butcher

I lived in the street for many year and that the only Thomson I remember. The Stayed next door to the Selby's.

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post
fory
post 19th Oct 2010, 01:54pm
Post #261

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,099
ANYBODY REMEMBER THE CRAIGS FROM CASTLEMILK CAME TO LIVE ACROSS THE ROAD FROM ME AT SHILTON DRIVE ,WELL EVERY WEEK/END THERE WAS A FULL BLOWN WAR WITH THIS FAMILY AS MOST OF PREISTHILL GANGS HATED THEM . THERE HOUSE USED TO GET RAIDED EVERY OTHER NIGHT OR DAY LOOKING FOR CHIBS , NIFES SWORDS . I USED TO PLAY WITH THE YOUNGEST LAD AND THEY WEREN,T AT ALL THAT BAD ONCE YOU GOT TO KNOW THEM ANYWAY ALL THE ARMOURY WAS NEXT DOOR IN THE EMPTY HOUSE UNDER THE FLOORBOARDS DONT THINK THEY EVER FOUND IT ,WE MOVED ON TO LUNDERSTON DRIVE SO WAS JUST WONDERING IF THEY WERE STILL AROUND THEY WILL ALL BE PENSIONERS NOW .

+Quote Post
**Tam**
post 27th Oct 2010, 01:42am
Post #262

QUOTE (sousidemedic @ 10th May 2010, 02:59pm) *
Hi Pat, it's Peter Dornan. I know you'll remember me ok. I'm glad you're doing well out in the states and hope you can still keep up with the 'tic' from over there.

Hey Peter. I remember you well, and Pat! It's Tam Creamer, don't know if you remember me. I'm now living and working in New Zealand

+Quote Post
Aussie Don
post 15th Nov 2010, 04:43am
Post #263

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,213
Hi, name is Don Mc Killop; lived in 132 Priesthill Rd, from 52 to 62 then 4 Elliston Ave for a couple of years. Older brothers Bobby and Andy and an elder sister Annette. Andrew is sadly dead and the rest of us all live here in Melbourne; me from 64. Would love to hear what has happened to my best mate in Elliston Ave Denny Rourke. Schools attended were Gowanbank, with Mr Neil Ross being my teacher; then on to Shawlands. Good friend from Priesthill Rd and Shawlands Academy was Ally Waterson. There was a Margaret Miller (red hair) that lived a couple of houses up from me in Priesthill Rd. Same vintage as me. My dad was one of the organisers of the Coronation party in the crescent outside our house in Priesthill Rd. The next door neighbours were the Durhams and I will always remember Grace; if by chance she reads this she will know why.

+Quote Post
sousidemedic
post 24th Nov 2010, 02:17am
Post #264

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,184
QUOTE (*Tam* @ 27th Oct 2010, 02:28am) *
Hey Peter. I remember you well, and Pat! It's Tam Creamer, don't know if you remember me. I'm now living and working in New Zealand

Of course I remember you Tam, I took you to Fort William when my sister stayed there years ago when we were young and daft. Her husband died suddenly almost 12 years ago now at 43.
Are you still playing drums? My hobbies now are Guitar, Mandolin and Uke and am a season ticket holder at Paradise.
I'm a Paramedic now and have been for almost 18 years and 22 years teetotal. I still bump into Eddie Gordon from time to time, his sister Marie is still in the same house.
Great to hear from you mate and glad you're doin well in NZ.

+Quote Post
jimmy p
post 11th Dec 2010, 06:20pm
Post #265

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,305
To donnie mc killop how is it going its jimmy pollock here just found this site do you still try and play theguitar every out there seems to mention burnbrae or st roberts no one mentions the firt school in priesty muirshiel cres. and auld miss hutchison she was a terror she would gie you a scud on back of the heid if she caught you looking out the windie . was up in priesty about 4yrs ago when i was back for our dick,s funeral went up to see tam and hamish mack they stay at the bottom end of ravenscraig now in your inshot in the auld days in the other 2 in ablock were dan murphy and john mckay they worked at cardowan coalpit wie ma da tam was telling me that about the only original settlers left in priesty were themseves the aulds and john millar remember he drove the wee invalid car. does anyone know what happened to the following people archie, robert reid . gordon,ian muir. jim moore. ali watters. the durham,s i rember kempton was agrandson ofmrs durham by the way does anyone know about andy patterson from shilton dr i have been in canada for past 37 yrs be good to hear from anyone from my era the last one of us to move out was our donald,s family he stayed up next to douglases shop

+Quote Post
*leomcpGuest*
post 12th Dec 2010, 09:15pm
Post #266

alright jimmy p i remember a guy durham who used to fly the doos on priesthill road at the inshot in my younger days from mid 70s onwards i can also remember the church being built i went by a few months aago it looks to have an extention built on to it i grew up in priesty in the 70s great place

+Quote Post
*May Weatherall*
post 22nd Jan 2011, 05:40pm
Post #267

QUOTE (murn @ 9th Jan 2008, 03:28am) *
I remember Malkys van but it wis jist recently I heard about the goings on. When I asked my sister about it she remembered one of our neighbours always hanging around an getting free stuff and she used to go to his house a lot rolleyes.gif

Can't say I remember the big house but Wee Rosie put this picture in the Gallery and it would have been just down the road, Cleeves road is down at the end to the right. The Levern Water Hotel wis built there but I heard it has been or will be pulled down.

+Quote Post
*may weatherall*
post 22nd Jan 2011, 05:54pm
Post #268

QUOTE (kim black @ 21st Dec 2008, 03:14pm) *
I think the george black you are talking about is my brother, we lived in nielston ave ravenscraig drive then corsford drive, my dad was george black mum flo sisters linda and ann, i was born in priesthill and still live here so does the rest of us

kim

I used to stay in number 10 corseford dr, then moved to 135 priesthill cres, i have an older sister called Elizabeth and a bro david weatherall, my gran and my uncles stayed in Muirshel Cres just ath the triangle they where the Tochers, I went to burnbrae then craigbank, My friend was Angela Elliott, my 1st boyfriend was a guy called Paul Spence(spenny).. If anyone can remember us come chat..x

+Quote Post
Aussie Don
post 27th Jan 2011, 04:30am
Post #269

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,213
Hi, Jimmy, yes I still try and play the guitar. Have two in my office now; An Alvarez acoustic and a Fender Stratocaster. The Durham's lived next door to us in Priesthill Rd, and yes they did keep homing pigeons. Their names were Robert, older then me, and of course Grace, my age, to whom I will be for ever in her debt. I have been back on numerouse occasions from the antipodes, Melbourne, and it still excites each time I land there. I think I was the only Partick Thistle supporter in Priesthill.

I remember all of those whom's names you have written although I think it was Aly Waterson, big tall lad that went to school with me at Shawlands. I would love to know what happened to Margaret Miller, the red headed girl on the same side of the street as we were, about two houses up from the inset.

+Quote Post
jimmy p
post 15th Feb 2011, 03:55am
Post #270

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,305
To aussie don magret millar,s bro john still stay,s in the same house the last time i was up in priesthill myself and the mack,s tam and hamish were reminicing about who was still around and the millar,s name came up.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th Apr 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.