Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

120 Pages V  « < 84 85 86 87 88 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
Kemedian
post 25th May 2020, 07:15pm
Post #1276

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Regardless of how anyone feels about his personal circumstances or his Politics, as with the Scottish CMO debacle it is the public messaging that's the issue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 25th May 2020, 08:25pm
Post #1277

Mega City Key Holder
Lockdown breached at the very top!! Government in CRISIS!!!!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-aust...-rules-11994501

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th May 2020, 07:19am
Post #1278

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I'm sure our Austrian GG readers will be raging huh.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
carmella
post 26th May 2020, 07:29am
Post #1279

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I am not personally interested in what happened in Vienna Kem.

I am, however, interested in what happens in the UK!

If Dominic Cummings was concerned about safety for him and his family as he stated, then that would enable someone in his position to have police protection. He didn’t ask for that. He walks around in a normal manner, certainly not someone in fear for his safety.

You can’t blame anyone for trying to protect their family. Thousands in the UK had similar circumstances, but who stayed at home! What circumstances could be worse than the death of a thirteen year old boy from Brixton, without his parents by his side, and at his burial. Just awful and what a sacrifice.

I think his time is limited as Adviser.

If I lived in Austria, I would probably be really annoyed. unsure.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th May 2020, 07:49am
Post #1280

Mega City Key Holder
I thought his "reason" fitted in somewhere between "a big boy did it and ran away" and "my dog ate my homework" wacko.gif It is beyond belief that he is getting so much support from within the cabinet. His behaviour was a slap in the face for all of us who have stuck to the rules.

My opinion remains the same, he is a liar and a cheat and the apologists for him share the shame.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th May 2020, 07:50am
Post #1281

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 25th May 2020, 07:15pm) *
... the public messaging that's the issue.

Never a trueer word.
The message to thee public seems clear: the public are being taken for fools.
Cummings admitteed to having lied during thee Brexit campaign to the public, making up scarey stories to keep fence-sitters and old ladies up at night. What he employed was an art of fabrication which some of us learned, and exceelled in, during our military careers and termed `True Lies': The noble art of surrounding a falsehood with so much plausible fact or truth that the falsehood itself appears believable.
Hee, Cummings, excerised the usee of `truee Liees' again in his little speeech yesterday.
Notabee was that he said he did not regret his actions because hee knew that would be seen as a blatant lie and blatant lies are fatal but "... we shouteed from a distance ..." was a good true lie (how loud? What distance) Stopping the catr to let the child have apee was also a good one.
His, carefully writtten and edited ,spech was packeed brim-full with `true lies' and immediately after the first queestion was put to him by the first peerson on his list, we see the emm ... emmm ... Ahhh ... emmm I ... I ... ahhh .... emmm ... took my ....emm ...

With all his experience in lying one would have expected a beetteer peerformance than that but it's much easier for him to write his lies down in paper for someone else to read out in statements ... So, reeally an obvious tho' poor liar.
Which raises the question what kind of people fall for his crap?
Brexiteers of course. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th May 2020, 07:53am
Post #1282

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 25th May 2020, 09:25pm) *
Lockdown breached at the very top!! Government in CRISIS!!!!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-aust...-rules-11994501

Well done SKY and not forgetting Kem for this shatteringly relevant scoop !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
peter.howden
post 26th May 2020, 10:34am
Post #1283

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,485
The astonishing news, added with the brazen spiel from an academic moron, and the pathetic support from the ruling government hacks, must make the voting public of the nation feel totally marooned in their homes, and a urge to say, “Go and copulate with a web footed friend and burst out of isolation. But I personally, not prepared to endanger my family, my friends and my neighbour’s, my fellow human beings because of the actions of an arrogant bawheid reputed adviser…and his political pawn partners

+Quote Post
carmella
post 26th May 2020, 11:30am
Post #1284

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Nice to see you contribute Peter.

I feel so strongly about this, that the whole shower should be sacked. Well done Douglas Ross from the Scottish Office for having the balls not to believe the liar that is Dominic Cummings while Gove et al, are fully in support of Cummings.

If it was at all possible, a General Election should be called to clear out the shelves of 10 Downing Street, and sweep it clean with new dusters and anti-bac spray?

My father was English, so it follows that I have relatives from his side living in England. I am sad to report that they thought “Dominic did wrong but he was doing the best for his family!” And in a different sentence, “we think Boris is doing a great job, where others would have run a mile, he was barely in office when he was confronted with having to deal with Covid........”

I will repeat, so long as the Asian countries, particularly China continue their trade in all animals, including those we consider our pets, this will not be the last virus to spread throughout the world.

It is my firm belief that action should be taken against them, and that in particular, the UK should not do any trade with them.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th May 2020, 12:45pm
Post #1285

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (peter.howden @ 26th May 2020, 11:34am) *
The astonishing news, added with the brazen spiel from an academic moron, and the pathetic support from the ruling government hacks, must make the voting public of the nation feel totally marooned in their homes, and a urge to say, “Go and copulate with a web footed friend and burst out of isolation. But I personally, not prepared to endanger my family, my friends and my neighbour’s, my fellow human beings because of the actions of an arrogant bawheid reputed adviser…and his political pawn partners

This is the Problem which the above mentioned morons have not taken into consideration ...
and a urge to say, “Go and copulate with a web footd friend ( laugh.gif ) and burst out of isolation.
... there must be a great many people who might feel If it's ok for them then it's ok for us too
and follow suit even knowing that it's not the right way to go.
Irresponsible behaviour of the highest caliber from the highest level of governmeent. wacko.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 26th May 2020, 04:10pm
Post #1286

Mega City Key Holder
Had the Scottish CMO remained in post, which many on here would have accepted, then that story would have swiftly disappeared, as it also did after she quit, because the crisis at hand is too big to waste any more time on advisers. The damage to No.10 from this story will matter more in the longer term, which is a calculated risk that the PM seems to be prepared to take. On his head be it...

Onto my next contention, which may well be taking shape in the form of proximity technology, and how it's used in the next phase of contact tracing following lockdown. The UK Gov is currently trialling such a phone app on the Isle of Wight in advance of a wider roll out.

The alternative is to rely more heavily on people power, but there are potential problems that go with the manual method, which could be avoided with greater automation. Today the Scottish FM explained that her Government's planning is going down the manual route.

As we venture more and further out of lockdown we of course risk contact with the virus, but it's a risk the country can't afford not to take, certainly not for as long as it will take for a vaccine program to be implemented.

At any time we could inadvertently bump into someone who doesn't know or is choosing to hide that they are infected. Nothing can completely prevent that. If the Government was to encourage people (in some parts of the world this is already being enforced) to download a proximity app onto their phone, then in my opinion there would be less potential for human error both on the part of the tracers and members of the public.

So for example, without the assistance of mobile technology a person identified as having the virus through testing will be required to identify everyone that they have come into contact with outside the home. That's obviously not going to be possible for everyone concerned, especially in busy city centres and on public transport (where face masks, a previous contention of mine, are not even mandatory yet).

Then there's the associated problem of people mistakenly identifying others. If we were using the technology, then this protects us from being wrongly identified, because our phone can prove our location at all times. Without that, soon people will be receiving phone calls under the Government's 'Test and Protect' scheme telling them that someone (confidentiality means you can't ask who) has identified them and that means maybe you or I will need to provide proof to account for our movements, or it's fourteen days at home, which can happen more than once. There is going to be penalties for not cooperating in the scheme.

70% of the public are polling of the opinion that the four nations locked down too late. Arguably we are late in bringing in test-and-trace. No government can afford not to get this first stage in the recovery right first time, or all the hardship of the past ten weeks will be swept away.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th May 2020, 04:36pm
Post #1287

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 26th May 2020, 05:10pm) *
Had the Scottish CMO remained in post, which many on here would have accepted, then that story would have swiftly disappeared, as it also did after she quit, because the crisis at hand is too big to waste any more time on advisers. The damage to No.10 from this story will matter more in the longer term, which is a calculated risk that the PM seems to be prepared to take. On his head be it...

Onto my next contention, which may well be taking shape in the form of proximity technology, and how it's used in the next phase of contact tracing following lockdown. The UK Gov is currently trialling such a phone app on the Isle of Wight in advance of a wider roll out.

The alternative is to rely more heavily on people power, but there are potential problems that go with the manual method, which could be avoided with greater automation. Today the Scottish FM explained that her Government's planning is going down the manual route.

As we venture more and further out of lockdown we of course risk contact with the virus, but it's a risk the country can't afford not to take, certainly not for as long as it will take for a vaccine program to be implemented.

At any time we could inadvertently bump into someone who doesn't know or is choosing to hide that they are infected. Nothing can completely prevent that. If the Government was to encourage people (in some parts of the world this is already being enforced) to download a proximity app onto their phone, then in my opinion there would be less potential for human error both on the part of the tracers and members of the public.

So for example, without the assistance of mobile technology a person identified as having the virus through testing will be required to identify everyone that they have come into contact with outside the home. That's obviously not going to be possible for everyone concerned, especially in busy city centres and on public transport (where face masks, a previous contention of mine, are not even mandatory yet).

Then there's the associated problem of people mistakenly identifying others. If we were using the technology, then this protects us from being wrongly identified, because our phone can prove our location at all times. Without that, soon people will be receiving phone calls under the Government's 'Test and Protect' scheme telling them that someone (confidentiality means you can't ask who) has identified them and that means maybe you or I will need to provide proof to account for our movements, or it's fourteen days at home, which can happen more than once. There is going to be penalties for not cooperating in the scheme.

70% of the public are polling of the opinion that the four nations locked down too late. Arguably we are late in bringing in test-and-trace. No government can afford not to get this first stage in the recovery right first time, or all the hardship of the past ten weeks will be swept away.

Having a rather contentious wee day ?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th May 2020, 05:04pm
Post #1288

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Had the Scottish CMO remained in post, which many on here would have accepted, then that story would have swiftly disappeared, as it also did after she quit, because the crisis at hand is too big to waste any more time on advisers

But she did quit even though she never had the virus, and she hadn't traveled a tenth of the English PM's puppeteer who had the virus, but it never stopped you demanding her head and you weren't too bothered about the crisis at hand being too big when you could score cheap political points. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 26th May 2020, 06:07pm
Post #1289

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th May 2020, 06:04pm) *
But she did quit even though she never had the virus, and she hadn't traveled a tenth of the English PM's puppeteer who had the virus, but it never stopped you demanding her head and you weren't too bothered about the crisis at hand being too big when you could score cheap political points. yes.gif

Wrong on every point, except that she did do the right thing in the end. Again I'll remind you that the general lockdown isn't to contain the virus - that's isolation, and for two weeks not ten - it's to stop us from contracting it in the first place. What bit of STAY AT HOME was so hard for some to grasp. Cummings should follow her out the door, with his head hung even lower.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th May 2020, 06:09pm
Post #1290

Mega City Key Holder

Yes, who were the "many" you speak of and where is your evidence?

I heard Jackson Carlaw kinda suggesting he would consider his position if it were him, hmmm unsure.gif He also said he was more interested in dealing with short comings, is that Dominic's weans name huh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.