Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dugshots: Glasgow's War On Terriers, Enforcement spotlight turns on canine offenders
petunia
post 24th Jul 2012, 12:40am
Post #121

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 6,822
Well said Carmella.
The laws are the same in Canada for dogs, pick up after them in all public places or you can be fined and they have to be leashed at all times when out walking which is as you pointed out a safety issue for humans as well as the animals.
What about working dogs Lobby Dosser do you have the same dislike for all these dogs that help the blind, hearing impaired, farmers, soldiers as you seem to for peoples pets which in my opinion are more faithful and yes loving than a lot of people which you scoff at.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 24th Jul 2012, 12:57am
Post #122

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
QUOTE (carmella @ 23rd Jul 2012, 02:19pm) *
Doug1

Micro Chip only works if the dog is lost, stolen and then found, but it has to be found in the first place. I would micro chip all non dog owners.

Auntie Cam,

Oh, you have been absent on parade for way too long. Yer are awarded 3 days of pan bashing in the Officers Mess, bad grll!

Wanna go walkies up the Goat Fell, or a pushbike ride around Arran, taking in every wee Inn *grins.*

Lovely to see you posting again, really missed your eclectic, yet soldering eloquence.

Rabbie x

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 24th Jul 2012, 07:48pm
Post #123

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Rabbie, I hope all is well with you on a serious note, and that you've been able to get back to normal.

Now funnily enough, when I saw this thread I thought 'no huvvin this' LOL and you couldn't have picked a better place for me to do my punishment, cos you all know Arran's my favourite place - of course, it goes without saying, that as I climb them there hills, and wander back doon through the Glen of Rosa, I'll have my trusty wee dug alongside me. I used to have 3 wee dugs, but my wee old fellas died last year and I still miss them for their character, but this wee Bertie I have now is game for anything, he's only a wee thing but I don't think anyone has told him that, he thinks he's huge.

Nice to be back, I don't have as much time as I used to have, and have also been ill, but I'll get back in as often as I can - just to stir things up a wee bit mind you, you don't need me here to shake things up LOL

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
*Lobby Dosser*
post 30th Jul 2012, 03:51am
Post #124

QUOTE (carmella @ 23rd Jul 2012, 02:19pm) *
Lobby Dosser

Well said Lobby Dosser you took the words out of my mouth, only thing missing in your reply is that you are wrong in some of your perceptions, and spoken like someone who has never owned a dog, or someone who has had one single bad experience with one. Otherwise you have no idea what you're missing. Give me a room full of dogs rather than a room full of insincere friends, with nothing and non-one's interests in mind other than their own, any day. There is an old saying, 'never judge a man until you have walked in his shoes'. Don't judge a dog owner, until you've owned a dog.

My point is and always will be that there are those in society who can more easily come to terms with undemanding canine companionship than that of human beings no matter how flawed. Remember the old saying, "Itlians beat their dogs and love their children. The british love their dogs and beat their children". No dog is worth the least and most flawed life of any human being.

The American commedian Dick Gregory once made the point that he could stop the Vietnam war immediatley by with drawing all the young soldiers and replacing them with dogs. The outcry from dog owners would have stopped the killings on the spot . 55000 American kids died. Humanity???

+Quote Post
Doug1
post 30th Jul 2012, 07:31pm
Post #125

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
Ref #124 Lobby Dosser "No dog is worth the least and most flawed life of any human being"

I go along with most of what you say except for the above sentence. Are you saying a dog is more valuable than that of some disgusting pervert who has just brutally murdered a little child and shows not the slightest signs of remorse ?

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well

+Quote Post
*Lobby Dosser*
post 30th Jul 2012, 11:52pm
Post #126

QUOTE (Doug1 @ 30th Jul 2012, 08:46pm) *
Ref #124 Lobby Dosser "No dog is worth the least and most flawed life of any human being"

I go along with most of what you say except for the above sentence. Are you saying a dog is more valuable than that of some disgusting pervert who has just brutally murdered a little child and shows not the slightest signs of remorse ?

No, there are those who fall outside the parameters for being a human being. However; ethical dilema. You would not have much trouble destroying a dog that was mad but could you personally kill/execute a human being?

+Quote Post
carmella
post 30th Aug 2012, 02:38pm
Post #127

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I would love to know if Lobby Dosser has ever owned a dog?

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 3rd Sep 2012, 08:56am
Post #128

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
He had probably one of those nodding dugs in the car. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GG
post 15th Jan 2016, 12:51am
Post #129

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Real payment rates are a joke ... just like the clueless politicians who impose the fines. Glasgow's politicians are using every opportunity to make ordinary people pay for the lifestyles that inept politicians have enjoyed for years.

Fines for dog owners who let their pet foul streets and parks are to be doubled.

The Scottish Parliament has increased the amount irresponsible owners will have to cough up from 40 to 80, in line with the penalty for littering.

The new level of fine will take effect from April after a public consultation found an “overwhelming majority” in favour of tougher action.

In the last two years 3500 fines were handed out in Glasgow for dog fouling worth 140,000 if they were all paid.

Government ministers have also pledged tougher action on non-payment of the fines.

The Scottish household Survey showed almost one third of people had experienced some kind of animal associated nuisance including dog fouling.

Paul Wheelhouse, community safety minister said: “Dog fouling is not only unpleasant, but also can pose potentially significant risks to health, particularly for children, and we’re very clear that dog owners who do not clear up after their dogs are breaking the law.

“We believe the increased penalty will act as a greater deterrent for people who do not take responsibility for their pets and clean up after them.”

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 15th Jan 2016, 01:45am
Post #130

QUOTE (Lobby Dosser @ 30th Jul 2012, 03:59am) *
My point is and always will be that there are those in society who can more easily come to terms with undemanding canine companionship than that of human beings no matter how flawed. Remember the old saying, "Itlians beat their dogs and love their children. The british love their dogs and beat their children". No dog is worth the least and most flawed life of any human being.

The American commedian Dick Gregory once made the point that he could stop the Vietnam war immediatley by with drawing all the young soldiers and replacing them with dogs. The outcry from dog owners would have stopped the killings on the spot . 55000 American kids died. Humanity???

Seeking rationality among "doggy people" is like looking for compassion in the ranks of ISIS.

+Quote Post
**Petunia**
post 15th Jan 2016, 02:57am
Post #131

As I have said before picking up after your dog should be a part of taking responsibility of having a dog in public parks sidewalks beaches etc carry doggy bags with you and pick it up and thow it in the garbage I have 2 dogs, I would say that Wheelhouse is an ass and doubling the fine is just another money grab.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 15th Jan 2016, 10:47am
Post #132

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Sorry - don't understand the problem.
The value of the fine doesn't really matter.
It's just part of having a dog.
If it does its business - pick it up - no fine - easy!

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 15th Jan 2016, 03:01pm
Post #133

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Problem Betsy is that the fines are not a deterrent as most don't get paid. Dog fouling tends to cease for a little while when there's an active campaign on the go, but returns thereafter. Several streets, close to where we live, are regularly a nightmare with dog muck. We are also subjected to the new trend of jokers who pick up the mess in the wee black plastic bag and then either leave that on the ground or hang it up on railings, bushes, trees etc, rather than put it in the bins provided.

I favour the old remedy to cure the problem, rub their noses in it to make them stop. And I would give the dogs a telling off as well tongue.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 15th Jan 2016, 04:30pm
Post #134

Mega City Key Holder
Make the owners sit on a potty in the middle of the pavement?

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 15th Jan 2016, 04:31pm
Post #135

Mega City Key Holder
No - I meant that I can't understand why owners can't just pick it up.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.