Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

34 Pages V  « < 32 33 34  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home Made Tales, The journey
peter.howden
post 23rd Feb 2018, 11:27am
Post #496

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,485
My Chronicles 23/02/2018

The good news is simply; Aunt Becky is for most times, in a carefree world of her own, the peoples in the home do their best to keep it so. The only time she has any recognition of the past is when we have our weekly hurl, in my old jalopy, around Kilpatrick Hills, with the ‘Tartan Top Twenty ‘playing, with we two, badly singing along, enjoying every tuneful lyric. I sometimes wonder who these wee trips benefit more.

‘She who must be obeyed’ is well onto full recovery, looking forward to a weekend in Peebles and a four day stay in April at the holiday place Eyemouth. It is so good to see her smile again.

There is a game which David(Salty) and I, have played as the years have rolled forward, however it has been ages since we have had the board out and played ‘Alcohol Chess’. We have no idea who is winning, for over the years we are usually slightly fou, after the intense matches. It would be nice to relive the past and set up a time when we can have a grudge match as both of us claim to be the overall victor. One thing is certain, Saltcoats caravan the place, I would have to stay the night, as my talent for alcohol consumption has narrowed drastically.

On this note, I travelled down to Ayr yesterday to keep company with my Chine Jim Hendry. My slight refreshment became a tad more than intended, returning rather tipsy…or slightly more refreshment than intended. I intend to be more frugal next visit, but he always insist walking me to the train…. nice one.

Jim is always good company, because we are both opposite, in nature and mind, but meet in the middle as we talk utter rubbish, laughing at the drop of a hat…it is a grand safety valve…Magic Jim. On the way down, as the train soared smoothly through the countryside, I manage to have five seconds or so seeing a fox wandering through its own kingdom. What a magnificent beastie with a beautiful coat, magnified by the winter sun…. natures treat

Having now accepted my memory is not what it used to be, there are plain signs of gradually becoming more, and more forgetful, mainly on simple things…and words. The tip of my tongue has never been so busy. Over the last few years things have happened which I glanced and laughed over, yet this was reality how along with old age, certain signs of a first class daftie …. here are a few examples

In the past I have arrived at Edinburgh Airport, realizing I should be at Glasgow airport, to fly to France. I doubled checked before leaving and still caught the express couch to Auld Reekie. I caught a taxi, costing a couple of bob up front, luckily, I got there in time for my boarding.
Arrived at a hospital appointment exactly one year early. If I have a simple job, using four tools…. within three minutes, or so, I cannot find either one, or two of them even if they are with arm’s length. If not where I think they should be…I can not see them. I must adapt, put things in the exact place every time…or I am lost.

In the Paris Metro…it took a blind French Madame to tell me I was one the wrong train…
Arriving in Avignon, calling in at the first Ibis hotel, because the booking was made online. The charming lady instructed me, I had booked the second Ibis hotels and attempted to direct me. Once outside these directions rather became mixed up until I entered what I presumed was the later. They were serving coffee and asked if I wished a cup. Sitting down I did notice quite a few elderly peoples there. Walked to the reception after the refreshment, only to find out I was in an old folk’s home. Everyone smiled, laughed as they re-directed my course…they did not charge me for the coffee…or even the extra biscuit

As someone said, ‘Much may be made of a Scotchman, if he is caught young’ …I reckon I’m past it…
I should not be let out alone…. Wheesht…. She who must be obeyed’ is coming up the stairs…
[size="4"][/size]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 32 33 34
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Feb 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.