Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
DannyH
post Today, 12:55am
Post #256

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 27th Mar 2020, 11:15pm) *
Oh, pardonnez -moi, madame! Since when is ContrAvirus a subject for "relaxed general discussions"? I see! Since you introduced ( and misspelt) its topic in the wrong category!

Bilbo

You live in Spain. According to reports, Spain is suffering a high rate of deaths from this Coronavirus plague. I cannot comprehend how your mind works. Hundreds of people in the country you live in are dying daily, and you are critical of someone else’s spelling!

I sincerely, really really sincerely, hope you are never wheeled in on a trolley. I can just picture you complaining to the ambulance crew that their grammar was incorrect.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 07:27am
Post #257

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Mar 2020, 01:55am) *
Bilbo

You live in Spain. According to reports, Spain is suffering a high rate of deaths from this Coronavirus plague. I cannot comprehend how your mind works. Hundreds of people in the country you live in are dying daily, and you are critical of someone else’s spelling!

I sincerely, really really sincerely, hope you are never wheeled in on a trolley. I can just picture you complaining to the ambulance crew that their grammar was incorrect.

Danny

thumbup.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post Today, 08:25am
Post #258

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Danny the only reason the West had an industrial boom after the industrial revolution is because none of the employers had discovered cheap Chinese sweatshop labour yet.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 09:04am
Post #259

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Mar 2020, 02:55am) *
Bilbo

I sincerely, really really sincerely, hope you are never wheeled in on a trolley. I can just picture you complaining to the ambulance crew that their grammar was incorrect.a

Danny

In the face of adversity, should we abandon all standards?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 09:04am
Post #260

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 28th Mar 2020, 12:57pm) *
Hi Carmella my sons friend Chad Cocking is a Safari Guide at Tanda Tula and they have opened up a You Tube " Tanda Tula Sofa Safaris" Just to give people something to watch while we are on lockdown.I know you love wildlife so give it a go.
I will probably get picked out as off topic by the usual idiot but tough sh--. Maybe I should make some mistakes to give them something to do.

Thank you so much for telling me.

I have now completed my “sofa safari” what a brilliant idea, because people have had to cancel their Safari bookings due to Covid-19, these guys are able to give us an armchair version. The narrative and the filming made me feel as if I was there, just terrific.

Beautiful animals undisturbed going about their lives in their natural habitats, the call of the lion telling others where he was, and beautiful mighty elephants with a tiny baby elephant in their midst.

The Zebras didn’t get the memo about social distancing unfortunately, but still managed to keep the flies away LoL

I have subscribed to the channel, so looking forward to more.

Thank you for pointing me in their direction as I would never have known! thumbup.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 09:20am
Post #261

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 29th Mar 2020, 08:25am) *
Danny the only reason the West had an industrial boom after the industrial revolution is because none of the employers had discovered cheap Chinese sweatshop labour yet.

Hi Dave

Yes, I agree with you, but I also give the Chinese leaders credit for having the savvy to realise that rather than go to war with the Capitalist West, the way forward for China was to adopt Capitalist principles when it comes to manufacturing. They knew the Western manufacturing bosses would be lining up to move their manufacturing to China.

I guess that helps to save reruns of the Korean War.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 09:37am
Post #262

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
The Tories playing favourites with peoples live. yes.gif

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/183396...executive-says/

Now if Gtech had only donated to the Tory party or vocally supported Brexit. wink.gif

+Quote Post
zascot
post Today, 11:41am
Post #263

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
[quote name='carmella' date='29th Mar 2020, 10:04am' post='3743377']
Thank you so much for telling me.

I have now completed my “sofa safari” what a brilliant idea,

Glad you enjoyed it. That is my life 1 week every month except now with the lockdown. The bush gives you a new outlook on nature, to be in the wild with them is something else. I`ve known Chad since he was a toddler, he is one of the best photographers of wildlife I know.

There are a couple of other similar feeds which are on all year round I will get info on them and get it to you.

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 11:47am
Post #264

Mega City Key Holder
I envy you those trips. I can’t wait for more. You will hopefully be able to get out there once again soon.

When I went over to South Africa to visit my cousin Johnnie on occasion, I thought what a wonderful nature reserve the whole open spaces were, learned a wee bit of the lingo too, amazing what I remember!

Stay safe biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
zascot
post Today, 12:11pm
Post #265

Mega City Key Holder
Lockdown Safari.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 01:00pm
Post #266

Mega City Key Holder
Laughter and lighthearted banter on the GGBB who would have thought it!

Great picture!

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
zascot
post Today, 02:03pm
Post #267

Mega City Key Holder
Carmella, got that picture off of our Leopard Group. Another Safari Programme on Utube is " Wildearth Safari Live" also in Kruger but a different area, Kruger Park is bigger than Wales and the wildlife can roam anywhere so plenty variety.
Don`t think you are in the wrong country if you hear one of the young female Safari guides with a Scottish accent she is also good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 02:44pm
Post #268

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Mar 2020, 10:04am) *
In the face of adversity, should we abandon all standards?

Bilbo, how about trying to lose your high and mighty attitude. Another 838 people have died overnight in Spain. The country you reside in, and you come on to this website and talk about standards in grammar and spelling.

You are a hypocrite. The following is a copy of a post you addressed to me. It is on the Scottish Independence referendum topic, dated 15 March 2020. You wrote,

“ I have never claimed to be resident in Scotland and to memory have never used ‘we’ in reference to that fact. Gaun ye auld shit-stirrer”.

So for someone who is the self appointed Spelling and Grammar police, you obviously have much lower standards than many of the people you have berated on this forum. You are just one arrogant, but, pitiful person.

Danny

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 03:12pm
Post #269

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 29th Mar 2020, 03:03pm) *
Carmella, got that picture off of our Leopard Group. Another Safari Programme on Utube is " Wildearth Safari Live" also in Kruger but a different area, Kruger Park is bigger than Wales and the wildlife can roam anywhere so plenty variety.
Don`t think you are in the wrong country if you hear one of the young female Safari guides with a Scottish accent she is also good.

Thanks, I will also check that one out. I have seen a docu a couple of years ago, Kruger is vast, an amazing place.

We Scots get everywhere.... laugh.gif

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 03:13pm
Post #270

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Mar 2020, 03:44pm) *
Bilbo, how about trying to lose your high and mighty attitude. Another 838 people have died overnight in Spain. The country you reside in, and you come on to this website and talk about standards in grammar and spelling.

You are a hypocrite. The following is a copy of a post you addressed to me. It is on the Scottish Independence referendum topic, dated 15 March 2020. You wrote,

“ I have never claimed to be resident in Scotland and to memory have never used ‘we’ in reference to that fact. Gaun ye auld shit-stirrer”.

So for someone who is the self appointed Spelling and Grammar police, you obviously have much lower standards than many of the people you have berated on this forum. You are just one arrogant, but, pitiful person.

Danny

Well said Danny!

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th Mar 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.