Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Work, Factories
pumps100
post 7th Dec 2008, 08:50am
Post #16

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,333
I served my apprenticeship at Weir Pumps in Cathcart. Left soon after my time was out.

I have scanned a picture from a book I have which shows the pump and turbine shop during WW2.

Regards

Ian

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Dec 2008, 08:55am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
In my student days I was a Christmas postman and a bus conductor out of Parkhead garage.

My first proper job was in the Central Hotel as a payroll clerk and control clerk- later moved to Gleneagles and other hotels during the winter seasons and ended up in Station Hotel, Aberdeen until 1974.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
barbaramay
post 25th Feb 2012, 10:17pm
Post #18

Settling In
Member No.: 11,928
Who worked in bryant &mays end of the sixties and begining 1970 it would be nice to hear how my old workmates are doing,my maiden name is barbara prior.

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 26th Feb 2012, 01:17am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,809
I work for S&J Harris, Stockwell St, making uniforms for police, fire and ambulance services when I left school. Then went on to work for Moore and Taggart Albion St, upstairs from the Childrens Panel offices, making the same kind of garments and even made overcoats for the Iranian Airforce in 1978.
Mary

+Quote Post
irrie
post 26th Feb 2012, 08:59am
Post #20

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
QUOTE (barbaramay @ 25th Feb 2012, 09:22pm) *
Who worked in bryant &mays end of the sixties and begining 1970 it would be nice to hear how my old workmates are doing,my maiden name is barbara prior.

Morning all.My auntie Anne Mclaughlan and her pal May Fraser worked there around that time i think. If you know the names i am still in touch with them. Cheers

+Quote Post
lindamcf
post 26th Feb 2012, 09:29pm
Post #21

Resident
Member No.: 9,006
QUOTE (barbaramay @ 25th Feb 2012, 09:22pm) *

Hi my auntie Sadie Murray worked there, did you know her ?

+Quote Post
Sandra1
post 24th Aug 2012, 09:26pm
Post #22

Visitor
Member No.: 11,150
My first job was standing prepacking apples or oranges all day at The Co-operative warehouses in Shieldhall around 1972.........then John Horn Printers in Pollokshaws as a printers examiner............

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.