Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recent Audiobook Roses Of Winter Set In Ww2 Glasgow
Murdo
post 30th Jul 2011, 07:57pm
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 4,669
My audiobook Roses of Winter, set in WW2 Maryhill and Scotstoun, is available at Podiobooks.com and ITunes. It is being made available as a free download so that anyone who wants to can listen to it.

I spent my early years in a room and kitchen in Scotstoun in the 1950's. Roses of Winter is based to some extent on my family's wartime experiences but is primarily a work of fiction. The story follows the lives of four women whose menfolk work in the shipyards or the Merchant Navy. The book required a great deal of research and interviews and also includes my own direct experience of growing up in Glasgow.

I very much want to share this with fellow Glaswegians and am posting this invitation here to listen to the book.

A Kindle version ebook is available on Amazon.com and a print version is in the works.

For more information please visit http://www.rosesofwinter.com.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Murdo
post 28th Sep 2011, 02:34pm
Post #2

Visitor
Based on suggestions I received on this website, I created a print version of my historical novel Roses of Winter set in WW2 Maryhill and Scotstoun.

The paperback version of Roses of Winter is now available. It can be accessed on CreateSpace at https://www.createspace.com/3652273. It will also appear on Amazon.com within the next day or two. Roses of Winter is also available for libraries and independent booksellers to stock and sell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Murdo
post 17th Oct 2011, 12:36pm
Post #3

Visitor
For those of you who asked about the availability of The print version of Roses of Winter, it is now available at various international Amazon sites, including Canada, UK, France and Germany. It is also available at Barnes & Noble online store. Other online sellers are also listing it.

There is quite a variation in price so I suggest you shop around. I have no control over what private sellers charge for the book.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.