Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christmas / New Year In Glasgow, What are your memories?
Isobel
post 9th Jan 2004, 09:09pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Here are some of the things that I can't ever forget .Still to this day do them all. Am I mad or what? Run about cleaning the house before the bells . Making sure all the beds are changed no laundry waiting to be done. No garbage to go out. Everything just ship shape. Oh, and of course the new wee frock for the bells.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 10th Jan 2004, 12:00am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
like you isobel it was "make sure the rubbish is oot hen" "Peter get the fire built up I dont want people tae come intae a cauld hoose" you weans remember tae get tae bed when a tell yae"and us younger ones eating awe the goodies on the table ,and spread tae kill , Steak pie,shortbread,black bun dundee cake,and of course the dumplin tae die for ,nae recipe jist taste as she went along ,opening up the widaes hearing the boat horns ,the church bells and the neighbours shouting Happy New Year biggrin.gif what nice memories P.S.I forgot going tae the Kelvin Hall with my daddy to the circus and the shows,going on that ride that went so fast yae stuck tae the waa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Fearn
post 10th Jan 2004, 12:32am
Post #18

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 59
QUOTE (GG @ 23rd Dec 2003, 02:03 PM)
Here's a wee topic for the festive season:
What about:
  • The Old Firm game on New Year's Day?

Don't know that one - anybody explain, please?

+Quote Post
sumac
post 5th Oct 2006, 11:50pm
Post #19

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
I know this post was from a long time ago, but the Old Firm game was the football match between Rangers and Celtic (the two Glasgow Old Firm clubs). It always took place on New Year's Day but ended when there was a serious crush one year and people were killed. Not one of Glasgow's finest hours.

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
Agnes & Robert
post 13th Dec 2008, 07:49pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
I don't think that there is any where else like Glasgow on the Christmas Season between Pantomines, Kelvin Hall plus the Glasgow atmosphere and most of the people unless you are in New York both cities do it right

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.