Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Butlers In Maryhill, anyone know them?
bornscottie 1968
post 25th Feb 2006, 06:00am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 3,030
We're related to the Butlers still in Maryhill...George, James, Margaret...anyone know them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 25th Feb 2006, 12:57pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
bornscottie Iam the one who knew James Butler also so does Valleyboy38 he lived in Garbraid Place

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
maggie hen
post 5th Mar 2006, 01:33am
Post #3

Special Visitor
Member No.: 2,899
I know the bulters that use to live in cotter street tam,irean and ther was seven of them in the family,my husband lived next close to them.Is that them ur talking about.I was very good friends withone of them,

+Quote Post
*Guest sandie*
post 22nd Mar 2007, 08:29am
Post #4

smile.gif hi bornscottie, yes i know agnes - havent seen her in a while but i get all the news from a mutual friend - agnes is one of the nicest people to know.

+Quote Post
valleyboy38
post 21st May 2007, 07:36pm
Post #5

Lord Provost
Member No.: 219
sorry i missed your post about the Butlers i know them personally talking to George last week .any info you want me to pass on

+Quote Post
DOLKIN
post 6th Feb 2008, 11:57pm
Post #6

Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,372
THERE WERE 2 BUTLER FAMS IN GILSHOCHILL 1 IN COTTAR ST THOMAS IRENE ARE THE ONES I KNEW BUT WERE OLDER ONES AND ONE IN GILHILL ST FATHER JAMES BUTLER

+Quote Post
pollylinda
post 29th Oct 2009, 04:41pm
Post #7

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,684
I am a Butler my dad is Ronnie who sadly passed away last week he was the greatest guy I ever knew. Miss you dad x

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 29th Oct 2009, 07:50pm
Post #8

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,742
QUOTE (pollylinda @ 29th Oct 2009, 12:22pm) *
I am a Butler my dad is Ronnie who sadly passed away last week he was the greatest guy I ever knew. Miss you dad x

Hello Pollylinda,
You don't know me but if your dad was the same Ronnie Butler that was the brother to James, Peter and George, Please accept my sincere condolences. I was pals with the boys for a wee while before l moved over to the U.S.A. That was back in the late 70s.
l was also a friend to Mick and Trisha Penders, l believe Mick was the cousin to the Bulter family when they lived in Stirret Street. If you are in touch with Mick and trisha, could you please tell them l said "Hello", .............From Eddie Fox........ Foxy

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 29th Oct 2009, 09:39pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
To the Butler family, my condolences to everyone, may he rest in peace.

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 29th Oct 2009, 09:57pm
Post #10

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,576
the butlers and the penders where related, i think old mrs butler was a pender, young margaret penders mick sister died a couple a weeks ago she stayed in possill nice lasse, the thomsons davie alex mary cathy chic came from gailbraith place & the penders from shuna st ruchill where all related through marriage i can remember being in the butlers house up the valley you had to walk up the stairs to go in the close it was the door on the left i think am sure they had all sorts of pets in the house.cheers j callaghan

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 29th Oct 2009, 11:28pm
Post #11

Super Lord Provost
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 29th Oct 2009, 05:38pm) *
the butlers and the penders where related, i think old mrs butler was a pender, young margaret penders mick sister died a couple a weeks ago she stayed in possill nice lasse, the thomsons davie alex mary cathy chic came from gailbraith place & the penders from shuna st ruchill where all related through marriage i can remember being in the butlers house up the valley you had to walk up the stairs to go in the close it was the door on the left i think am sure they had all sorts of pets in the house.cheers j callaghan

Hello ceaderbhoy, I used to work with Mick in the mid 70s he was my "van boy" in the bone collection company called Haddows, same family that had the booze shops. I got to be real friends with him and his family, it wasn't too long after his brother was killed in an accident. Mick and Trisha adopted his brothers kids. Through Mick l got to know the Butlers, l helped James build his "doo-cot" on the laundry property facing the house on Sterrit Street. There was also another guy called Kenny Baird, l heard he had passed away too. I tried to find them when l came back to Glasgow on holiday back in 1997, but had no luck finding any of them.
I have a lot of memories of Ronnie, and the rest of them. When l was emigrating Peter took my Staffordshire Bull Dog, so l didn't have to put it in a home.

Sleep Easy Ronnie................................Foxy

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 30th Oct 2009, 12:03am
Post #12

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,576
foxy did kenny baird go to st columbas school i was in the same class as him with big sconnie clarks welsh lots of other boys fay the butny &valley rab crouthers bobby dempster wullie machugh where all in my class.cheers

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 30th Oct 2009, 11:12am
Post #13

Super Lord Provost
Hello again ceader bhoy,
I didn't know which school Kenny went to, when l gotto know them all the guys including myself were in their 20s except for James Butler he had just turned 40 l believe. The Saturday before l left to come over here we had a big party in the Glen Douglas on Balmore Road. I met Simon Clark there, is that the same Clarks?
l believe that the 3 families were nicknamed the "BBC"...............
Butlers, Bairds and Clarks. Does that ring any bells?
Cheers Foxy

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 30th Oct 2009, 11:30am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 29th Oct 2009, 11:44pm) *
foxy did kenny baird go to st columbas school i was in the same class as him with big sconnie clarks welsh lots of other boys fay the butny &valley rab crouthers bobby dempster wullie machugh where all in my class.cheers

If a may here, yes you are carect ceader Kenny did go to st Columbas but by the time I got there he was long gone, and last yr when me and my sister were home we asked this person for directions as we were lossed ( aye in Maryhill haha ) he turned out to be one of the Clark brothers, he got a good laugh at us being lossed in oor hame toon , OMG . I heard that his sister owned a pub up the Maryhill rd/then lossed it !. cheers Lass.

+Quote Post
malavin 74
post 3rd Nov 2009, 01:09am
Post #15

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,697
my uncle married margaret butler(angy malavin), my dad is tam malavin

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Nov 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.