Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nasa, Earthlike planet discovery imminent
Rab-oldname
post 25th Feb 2010, 10:03pm
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
QUOTE (auchenshuggle @ 25th Feb 2010, 09:20pm) *
your appearance does not upset me rab, it must be you way of easing your kind on us mere earthlings. as many of us look like that on a sunday morning anyway, and then revert back to our "EARTHLY LOOK", is that just to not frighten us so much? sad.gif

I note what you say Fat One - you will be spared.
baR.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th Feb 2010, 01:11am
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Actually baR, it surprises me that the other aliens on the GG boards are shyin' away from this topic. tongue.gif cool.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
carmella
post 26th Feb 2010, 01:31am
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Maybe it's too 'out there' for the others. laugh.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Tommy Kennedy
post 26th Feb 2010, 01:50am
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 54
I don't know about aliens but I was worried that the 'Omen' had come true:

The Devil getting his son 'Bush' into the White House to cause mayhem in the world!

+Quote Post
enrique
post 26th Feb 2010, 02:07pm
Post #50

Lord Provost
Member No.: 1,842
I have read through the posted replies to Rabs topic and as well as having a laugh as usual , i also am glad to see the amount of our friends who seem to know where they are going after death , with the usual scoff at religion as if like me we are right and the religious nuts are wrong.
i myself lost my faith along time ago , but i have to put forward how good religion was for me in my early years , coming from afamily of 11 sons and 3 sisters , we had the bad luck of losing our father at a very early age and so my mother very cleverly brought us all up through the church , ie, church twice a day on Sunday , memebers of Lifeboys , BB etc, now this for me taught me right from wrong and that you respect all others, none of us were ever in bother and all had a good upbringing i believe because of the church.
i noticed the point Alex made about the congregations fading , is this maybe also a pointer in why our youngsters of to-day dont seem to have any morals.

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 26th Feb 2010, 06:08pm
Post #51

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Could be a factor, the church, life boys, boys brigage gave me a feeling of belonging, other interests than setting the middins on fire and chasing lassies; teaching whit was right and wrang and no tae be cheeky tae auld grannies and me aunties. Ah was a wee toerag in my time, but nothing like some of the feral kids that stalk the prairies these days, and I am telt that it is drunken girls that are the worst.

Noo, I can believe that, ye ken jist whurr drunken wimen goat it from. Oh bliddy hell no another catfight, used to get them regular ooot side the pub across frea oor house, Friday night's were especially entertaining.

I feel many of todays weans jist don't have a sense of identity or purpose and feel isolated.

The world we now live in is a far cry frea the wan we lived in Glesgea aw them years ago.

Entering recall mode....fitzzz

My first star gazing sessions took place along the banks of the Monkland Canal near the Blochairn Steelwurks. The sky was as black as hell there, nane of this modern light pollution crap we have now, so the resulting star field was breath taking, the longer yer whurr oot in the dark the mair ye could see. If yer were really lucky you would catch sight of a meteor or two, if ye were really unlucky it wid hit you and then be known as a meteorshite.

Took me a wee while to the identify constellations, as they change position over the year, so was some new ones to learn, til they whirled around again. Then came the task of identifying the individual stars and trying to memorise the main facts about them; distance, size, spectal type, parallax, binary, multiple. Oh its gets better or worse, depending on yer view.

I suppose ah was the equivalent of a computer geek these days. I even had the intelligent looking "Corporation Portholes" bandaged with lazzyplasts and nae friends.

I have just heard, geeks are supposed to be burd magnets these days, any truth in that Tomi?

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 26th Feb 2010, 06:36pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 26th Feb 2010, 01:09am) *
Actually baR, it surprises me that the other aliens on the GG boards are shyin' away from this topic.

Maybe they live in gorbalS ibroX caltoN or partiK! wink.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th Feb 2010, 07:06pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Whit's wrang wi' us aliens frae Krap Lissop rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 26th Feb 2010, 07:44pm
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 26th Feb 2010, 07:04pm) *
Whit's wrang wi' us aliens frae Krap Lissop rolleyes.gif

Nuthin - wrang galaxy!

+Quote Post
carmella
post 26th Feb 2010, 08:09pm
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Beam me up Scottie - this is getting too complimicated for me!!!

Fazers set to malki!

Enjoy 'Taysiders in Space' - it's like hee haw yiv ever seen afore ken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxLmFhROqY

Gawn and get it amongst yis!!!!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 26th Feb 2010, 08:35pm
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
Right, aff ye go...."thurrs nea air aon that planet, that should keep hur quite, fur a wee bit.<sniggers evilly.>

ENERGIZE!!

Furst Engineer Rabbie; "Jings ma Boab! ah cannea get hur to stabilze, divert mair power frea the dilithium crystulls ya eegits!"

Looattendant Chekov: "Mr Rabbie, I can't get the dilithium crystals to light Sir!"

First Engineer Rabble; "Ach ya giepit dunnerhied, huv ye no tried using Scottish Bluebells??"

Second Officer Scotty. "Wit, pit yer haunds on my bluebells an ye'll be beamed aff to ra sick bay!

Noo, which windea will the Klingons be on tonight?

Must be time to crack a tube.. Rab, come 'ere, gie me yer hied fur a wee meenit.

biggrin.gif

Its safe posting here, only loonies come here,

Oh nearly forgoat aboot the new Communications Officer, Second Officer Mr Hughie Mr McPhee. (nearly said Green).
Ah hud tae gie Nyota Uhuru ra boot, she was doing nea good fur ma blood pressure, it was always too low and ah wis passing oot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 26th Feb 2010, 09:21pm
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 26th Feb 2010, 09:23pm
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
Looks like she can use a whip, get cracking grll!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th Feb 2010, 09:45pm
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
The trouble people have to go to just to get baR tae go hame.
Right baR, Kennedy Space Centre 5th April, weather permitting, Big Tommy's bringing yer case. Ticket at the desk. No liquids over 100ml.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQVA1e9RJzM...e=youtube_gdata

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 27th Feb 2010, 09:43am
Post #60

Mega City Key Holder
Some interesting space shuttle Endeavour's STS 130 Mission video takes by Endeavour's crew. Loved the shadow of Endeavour cast onto the ISS by the rising sun and the reflection on the ISS which looks like a star.
The first video contains takes from day 13.
The second is prior to return to Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY3U5U-gO6A&feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdjte5Ttko...e=youtube_gdata

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.