Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
enrique
post 20th Apr 2017, 11:03am
Post #1

Lord Provost
Member No.: 1,842
Having been a trade unionist for much of my life I voted for Labour , but as of a few years ago I changed to S N P, now in my 70s , I find at this election im stumped , I cant vote Labour while they have a no hoper in a leader Corbin, and now I cant vote for S N P , as their leader quite obviously does not agree with democracy
, as she wont agree with the voice of the people after the vote , I voted for independence and also
voted to stay in the E U, but the country voted both times for the opposite, but you have to go with the result even if it is not what you want, we are supposed to be the fathers of a democratic system that is envied throughout the world, but we now have leaders who spit the dummy out if its not what they want, I don't think I can vote Tory, so it might be an abstainer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th Apr 2017, 11:22am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Enrique, I mean no offence, but your idea of democracy is not mine. The crucial thing is that the much-bandied "will of the people" is not written in stone. The people are very fickle and their opinions in a constant state of flux. Get out there and vote for what you believe is right for Scotland. You have a choice of making a difference, which is more than can be said for the poor English.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 20th Apr 2017, 11:37am
Post #3

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
bilbo has obviously noticed that the SNP now talk about the will of the Scottish Parliament rather than the will of the Scottish people.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Apr 2017, 11:45am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (enrique @ 20th Apr 2017, 12:03pm) *
cant vote for S N P , as their leader quite obviously does not agree with democracy

The SNP were voted in by almost 50% of the electorate with the promise of holding a second referendum if there was any fundamental changes against will of the people of Scotland, 62% of those who voted in the EU referendum wished to stay in EU but we are to be taken out against our wishes.

Our larger partner makes all the major decisions for us in this so called equal union, will your abstaining improve Scotland?

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th Apr 2017, 12:26pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 20th Apr 2017, 01:37pm) *
bilbo has obviously noticed that the SNP now talk about the will of the Scottish Parliament rather than the will of the Scottish people.

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever, but- Hey, what's new? wacko.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Apr 2017, 08:12pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (enrique @ 20th Apr 2017, 11:03am) *
Having been a trade unionist for much of my life I voted for Labour , but as of a few years ago I changed to S N P, now in my 70s , I find at this election im stumped , I cant vote Labour while they have a no hoper in a leader Corbin, and now I cant vote for S N P , as their leader quite obviously does not agree with democracy
, as she wont agree with the voice of the people after the vote , I voted for independence and also
voted to stay in the E U, but the country voted both times for the opposite, but you have to go with the result even if it is not what you want, we are supposed to be the fathers of a democratic system that is envied throughout the world, but we now have leaders who spit the dummy out if its not what they want, I don't think I can vote Tory, so it might be an abstainer

You're not alone Enrique, I will vote though even if its some party I've never heard of, simply so that its registered as a vote and it counts. If you do not vote then they'll keep doing what they do, this is why crappy Councillors got away with it for years, people just stopped voting and they just won on lower turnouts.

QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 20th Apr 2017, 11:22am) *
Enrique, I mean no offence, but your idea of democracy is not mine. The crucial thing is that the much-bandied "will of the people" is not written in stone. The people are very fickle and their opinions in a constant state of flux. Get out there and vote for what you believe is right for Scotland. You have a choice of making a difference, which is more than can be said for the poor English.

Your kind of democracy is one where you agree with the outcome. If Scotland voted YES would you be all for another vote to overrule the first

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 20th Apr 2017, 11:45am) *
The SNP were voted in by almost 50% of the electorate with the promise of holding a second referendum if there was any fundamental changes against will of the people of Scotland, 62% of those who voted in the EU referendum wished to stay in EU but we are to be taken out against our wishes.

Our larger partner makes all the major decisions for us in this so called equal union, will your abstaining improve Scotland?

You keep saying this but its bollocks and you know it. There was no promise in the manifesto, what it did say was
We believe that the Scottish
Parliament should have the right to
hold another referendum if there
is clear and sustained evidence
that independence has become the
preferred option of a majority of
the Scottish people – or if there is
a significant and material change in
the circumstances that prevailed in
2014, such as Scotland being taken
out of the EU against our will.

So less than 50% on a low turnout voted for them...no mandate
They believe they should have the right, well they dont and they dont get to include bolt on clauses as an afterthought for laws they dont have.
For them, and you to somehow now use the votes of Unionists and NO voters to scweam and scweam to get what you want is pretty pathetic. Ruth Davidson voted remain FFS and does not want the SNP to use her vote to remain as an excuse to drag up another referendum.
Last year 39,345 voters in my area voted to remain, 41,690 voted NO in 2014. in 2015 23,013 people voted for the SNP, are you that bloody blinkered that you say that those numbers are somehow close and that Conservative NO voters who voted remain are going to about turn and either vote SNP or want another referendum, do you somehow think the same for NO voters around Scotland?
What you and wee Nic have totally missed is that those who voted NO and Remain do not like instability, there is no chance they will want another ref or vote for INDY on the back of Brexit.. This mad crusade by wee nic is just losing support.

Lets see her put another referendum right there in the manifesto, forget trying to pull the wool over Remain voters eyes, make about Indy znd if she gets her +50% then no one can stand in her way.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th Apr 2017, 10:03pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
John McNutter said, "Your kind of democracy is one where you agree with the outcome. If Scotland voted YES would you be all for another vote to overrule the first"

What an idiotic question ( even though it does lack a question mark!) Losing the place, John. Not surprising with the twists of your mind. yes.gif

You will finish up your own nostril or some other orifice. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 21st Apr 2017, 06:56pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder

Ahh the Bilbo the tax evader pips up. I left the question mark off because it was rhetorical as I knew you wouldn't answer .
That you felt the desire to reply and still not answer what you thought was a question is quite laughable..
You do only like democracy when it goes your way, you think it's perfectly fine to keep asking the question until you get to the 'right answer', is it any wonder you're so in love with the EU.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 21st Apr 2017, 09:54pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
You really have flipped, you poor eejit! Now I am a tax evader? As that is a crime, why don't you report me. Alternatively, I dare you to give me your real name and I could sue for libel.
You missed off the ? because it was a rhetorical question? Gie us all a break! As you say, it was a rhetorical question and therefore does not require an answer, although the answer is obvious to anyone. Why on earth would anyone demand a recount of a vote with which he agreed?

Awa'n bile yer heid. Oh, done that, got the t-shirt, have you? wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 21st Apr 2017, 10:55pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder

My my, can a user name be sued for libel..LOL is bilbo.s a registered name then laugh.gif
You moved to Spain thus you do not pay tax here yet still benefit from free health care paid for by the UK.

Dun dun dun, and there we have the proof, Bilbo only thinks 'people are very fickle and their opinions in a constant state of flux' and in need of another vote when he agrees with the outcome. Unlike you I respect with the outcomes of elections and referendums even if I do not like how it went

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 22nd Apr 2017, 07:38am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Apr 2017, 12:55am) *
My my, can a user name be sued for libel..LOL is bilbo.s a registered name then laugh.gif
You moved to Spain thus you do not pay tax here yet still benefit from free health care paid for by the UK.

Dun dun dun, and there we have the proof, Bilbo only thinks 'people are very fickle and their opinions in a constant state of flux' and in need of another vote when he agrees with the outcome. Unlike you I respect with the outcomes of elections and referendums even if I do not like how it went

Just as well you have a user name when you make cowardly libellous statements. On the other hand, my real name is easily found on this board, and so go ahead and report my tax evasion to HMRC.

You have no idea whether or not I still pay any UK tax, but that is irrelevant as I am a UK pensioner and contributed as most did to the NIS for all our working lives. In any case I am not guilty of the crime of tax evasion nor even tax avoidance. Perhaps you confuse me with some of your Tory pals or your hero Trump.

Your arrogance is leading you to make errors now, as proven by your second paragraph. It has been the downfall of many.

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 22nd Apr 2017, 09:24am
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder

Mr Lawyer, Mr Lawyer a big bad man I've been calling names and one of the many I have been abusing over the past several months has retaliated and called my internet pseudonym a name back.... Is there any way I can shut him up by threatening him by trying to say he was libeling my real world name that he doesn't know, hasn't seen and probably couldn't give a crap about by saying I have posted my details somewhere in the 10,000 odd posts.
So anyway bilbo, how many members here have you slandered, abused and even threatened over the years, can you not take it back you sad little bully.

I know that residents of Spain pay tax on their worldwide income as someone I vaguely knew(brothers pal) years ago relocated there to save tax, how much they saved I dont know but it was enough to up sticks and move.
Two people I personally know moved abroad to work and when they came back they were informed by our 'free' NHS that they would have to pay for treatment despite all those years of paying NI. I guess the rules are that if you move and dont pay yer dues then you dont get the benefits of membership...Sure thats been said before by some EUrophile laugh.gif

My second paragraph is basically what you have posted. Referendum results are the "will of the people" but are "not written in stone. The people are very fickle and their opinions in a constant state of flux." You want to ignore the democratic result and have another vote because you disagree with the outcome, if Scotland voted YES then you take the complete opposite stance, the will of the people in that case would be set in stone.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 22nd Apr 2017, 01:20pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hilarious! A little learning is a dangerous thing, and a miniscule one extremely so. I must return to my previous position of ignoring your posts, as it is evident to anyone sensible that you are unhinged. Rave on. I have better things to do than listen to your rants. Byeeeeeeeee!

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 23rd Apr 2017, 11:00am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Seeing as you learn nothing that makes you what, a sad little pathetic pensioner sitting in the sun bitching that most people disagree with you? laugh.gif

Ignore away, I guess having someone point out your complete inability to understand the website you link to and your own posts is too much for your wee bullying self..
You are the one who wont accept the democratic decision made by the voting public by claiming it is not your idea of democracy yet you dont have a problem with the same system if Scotland voted yes, now that is hilarious!!!

PS you read my replies, it is you who rants tongue.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 9th May 2017, 10:34pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
No-one to vote for... especially if you're a Green supporter. laugh.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scot...litics-39855884

This polarising pro-Indy pact is dumbing down Politics.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.