Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, Local Hero he is not
john.mcn
post 19th Apr 2017, 08:32pm
Post #316

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
The US of A voted for Trump, those here who are US citizens seem happy he won, who do you suggest should 'grow a pair' and what do you propose they do?

Trump will continue to make an idiot of himself because thats what he does, people voted for him knowing this but you guys elected ken from Mattels Barbie doll range biggrin.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 20th Apr 2017, 08:05pm
Post #317

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,466
The US of A voted for Trump, those here who are US citizens seem happy he won, who do you suggest should 'grow a pair' and what do you propose they do?

Trump will continue to make an idiot of himself because thats what he does, people voted for him knowing this but you guys elected ken from Mattels Barbie doll range

Incorrect.
You seem to have your facts all wrong.

The majority of the people voted for Clinton.
That does not count.
The majority of the Electoral College voted for chump.
That does count.

I suggest that everyone 'grow a pair' just to be able to stand up and voice objections to him sufficiently
to trigger an impeachment.

He is incompetent and a bumbling, stumbling, babbling fool.
He is in several conflicts of interests (along with his daughter).
He is a past-master, black-belt 5th Dan at nepotism.
He is hailed as "The-Grabber-In-Chief".
He flouts convention at every turn.
He appoints unqualified people to senior posts.
He has an outstanding list of lawsuits in progress.
He is being investigated by three different security tribunals.
He refuses to release Tax Records.
He ignores the US Constitution and does what he wants.
What's more, he is a brash bully and has his staff completely intimidated.

If you're happy with an idiot like that having access to nuclear launch codes that's completely up to you
but be aware that there are a growing number of citizens who are displeased and embarrassed by his antics.

For what it's worth, I didn't vote for Barbie's Ken, as you so inelegantly put it, nor did I vote for his arrogant SOB father either.
At least "Ken" can parse a sentence and can articulate thoughts.
He, unlike chump, does not have the attention span of a gnat.

BTW, we are holding classes for a growing numbers of your citizens who are fed up with chump who now want to be Canadian.

--------------------
Held prisoner in Scotland from 1953. Escaped to England in 1970 then to Homeland Canada in 1980.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Apr 2017, 08:38pm
Post #318

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ExPOW @ 20th Apr 2017, 08:05pm) *
Incorrect.
You seem to have your facts all wrong.

No I dont
The majority of the people voted for Clinton.
That does not count.
The majority of the Electoral College voted for chump.
That does count.

And.... thats why I said the US of A. The public here do not elect the Premier either, we elect politicians who then elect the First/Prime minister

The electoral college was set up so that the POTUS had to win across the US and not just fight in the big cities/regions. If you took California out of the equation then Trump wins the public vote quite comfotably
I suggest that everyone 'grow a pair' just to be able to stand up and voice objections to him sufficiently
to trigger an impeachment.

Disagreeing with the President is not reason to impeach, George W Bush won two terms and plenty of people voiced objections towards him.
If you're happy with an idiot like that having access to nuclear launch codes that's completely up to you
but be aware that there are a growing number of citizens who are displeased and embarrassed by his antics.

I'm not happy with anyone having that kind of power. Well in 5 years time they can get together and vote him out of office
For what it's worth, I didn't vote for Barbie's Ken, as you so inelegantly put it, nor did I vote for his arrogant SOB father either.
At least "Ken" can parse a sentence and can articulate thoughts.
He, unlike chump, does not have the attention span of a gnat.

And here me thinking I was being as polite as I could be about him.
'Ken' comes across to me as a walking cliche politician, a pathetic spineless please everyone 'shed a tear' at the right moment sad excuse of man, it looks like an act and plenty of Canadians buy it up in spades. I mean c'mon theres no way that came out of the land of lumberjacks and mounties... ohh wait Justin Biebers canadian isn't he.. I take it all back
BTW, we are holding classes for a growing numbers of your citizens who are fed up with chump who now want to be Canadian.

I am Scottish, a citizen of the UK of GB and NI and soon to be ex citizen of the EU, I'm not nor will ever be a citizen of the US of A

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 21st Apr 2017, 07:01pm
Post #319

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,466
I am Scottish, a citizen of the UK of GB and NI and soon to be ex citizen of the EU

You have indeed, my deepest sympathies.

those here who are US citizens

Yet you appear to have the same lack of the average yank's limited knowledge of the American Electoral System in that you persist
in defending your own "fake news". That's why I referred to; "growing numbers of your citizens" in the first place.

For the record, when you mention "US of A voted for chump", the rest of the sane world could take that as, pardon the cliché, "We the people"
so you are still wrong.
Fact.

I'm taking the high road as your posts appear to be nothing more than provocational.
Argument appears to be your chosen venue.
Open and clear discussion is left in the dust.

Come to Canada. We are legalising MJ so you could "chill" here legally.
Maybe you'll run into "Ken".
Have a nice day. thumbup.gif

--------------------
Held prisoner in Scotland from 1953. Escaped to England in 1970 then to Homeland Canada in 1980.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 21st Apr 2017, 07:47pm
Post #320

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ExPOW @ 21st Apr 2017, 07:01pm) *
You have indeed, my deepest sympathies.

Why, it's not me living next to your nemesis laugh.gif
Yet you appear to have the same lack of the average yank's limited knowledge of the American Electoral System in that you persist
in defending your own "fake news". That's why I referred to; "growing numbers of your citizens" in the first place.

If by limited knowledge means I knew the electoral college voted for the POTUS just as Parliament votes for the FM/PM then I guess you're right
For the record, when you mention "US of A voted for chump", the rest of the sane world could take that as, pardon the cliché, "We the people"
so you are still wrong.
Fact.

Did Canada not vote for the Liberals, did the UK not vote for Conservatives? Neither of those two held popular majorities yet the 'country' voted them into power
I'm taking the high road as your posts appear to be nothing more than provocational.
Argument appears to be your chosen venue.
Open and clear discussion is left in the dust.

I'm replying to your extreme posts, if your desire is to just post without reply then maybe just start a blog.. I do not argue, that requires the level of emotion that you show in your posts, I debate and while it is more 'pub style' than poncy shirt n tie there is not anger.
Come to Canada. We are legalising MJ so you could "chill" here legally.
Maybe you'll run into "Ken".
Have a nice day. thumbup.gif

Seen that, bought the shirt and figured it wiznae fur me, not to say I disagree with it being legal. Maybe the SG should argue for those powers, legalise it, police the source and tax it with the proceeds going into rehabilitation..

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
*Lydiya Bhinn*
post 24th Apr 2017, 10:35pm
Post #321

Donald Trump "The Manchurian Candidate".

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 24th Apr 2017, 10:49pm
Post #322

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Lydiya Bhinn @ 25th Apr 2017, 12:35am) *
Donald Trump "The Manchurian Candidate".

Did he ever have a brain to be washed, though?
huh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.