Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hamleys To Open In Buchanan St, First Scottish Store
Rate the subject of this story
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total registered members' Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
GG
post 17th Mar 2007, 11:20am
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
The world-famous London toy store, Hamleys, is to open a branch in Glasgow, giving the city the chain's first Scottish store. The branch is to be located within Frasers department shop in Buchanan Street, in the heart of Glasgow's shopping district. The innovative £1.5m development, while not as large as its flagship Regent Street store in London which is over seven floors, will employ 20 staff and is expected to take up 6000 square feet of store space on the top of House of Fraser from September of this year.

Company chief executive Nick Mather said that Glasgow was chosen as the location for their first store in Scotland because of Glaswegians love of shopping, adding:
"We did a lot of research and found Glasgow is within the top five cities in Britain for spending power per head, so it is a great retail destination for us...We will also be fitting out the store with magicians, jugglers and regular toy demonstrations, as well as having appearances by sports stars and celebrities."

The toy shop is one of a number of recent new shopping experiences to be added to the city's growing portfolio of exciting stores, following hot on the trail of exclusive destinations such as celebrity handbag shop Mulberry, luxury lingerie company Agent Provocateur and computer company Apple, which is opening soon in The Pier in Buchanan Street.

Rate this story now...

GG.

Photograph © Hamleys.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
marina
post 20th Mar 2007, 10:47am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,137
i love toy stores, brings out the kid in me, ill definately be paying it a visit but id better take alexander with me so i dont look out of place laugh.gif

--------------------
Slinte mhor a h-uile l a chi 's nach fhaic

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 1st Apr 2007, 06:10am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
is hamleys an english store? unsure.gif oopsadaisy shouldve read above 1st eh,och well at least it is in frasers biggrin.gif bonnie glesga is becoming renowned furr shopping eh?

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 3rd Apr 2007, 12:53am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
over the years and in many cities , I still think Glasgow is second to none for shopping

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
*nadine harris*
post 6th Jan 2009, 12:44am
Post #5

Popped into Hamleys today and was bitterly disappointed! 20 staff and 6000 square metres of floor space? My foot!!! (And that's putting it politely!). There was only one member of staff at the till this afternoon and barely 60 square metres of floor space!! A truly minimal experience! My children were gutted.

In addition to which, in early January, I would have expected to find some items on sale but no such luck... Still, given the extremely limited stock available, we would have been pushed to find anything we wanted to buy!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.