Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Murder? Of Agnes Young In 1929, Murder? of Agnes Young in 1929
evagard
post 3rd Apr 2009, 09:23pm
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 6,514
Have unearthed a family record about my grans brothers (half?) mother, Agnes Young, who died from head injuries sustained from a bullet in 1929 - have no more information and don't know where to start looking. Any memories or ideas? Eva
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dmf
post 4th Apr 2009, 11:37am
Post #2

Visitor
Member No.: 4,771

Hi Evagard,

Cn you tell me where (Glasgow or elsewhere) or what month it happened? I have a list of incidents for 1929 but do not have names attached. I may be able to help you.

dmf

+Quote Post
evagard
post 4th Apr 2009, 11:41am
Post #3

Visitor
Hi, DMF, Agnes Young, Restaurant Waitress, died 01.07.29 at 8.55pm at 48 Gallowgate, Glasgow, usual residence 116 Gallowgate, Glasgow. Aged 24 Years. Compound fracture of the skull, lasceration of brain substance and internal haemorrage, all the result of a bullet wound. Body viewed after death by W W Galbraith, MD. Identification by James Young (father), 58 Bell Street, Glasgow. Note: she did have a son James Young who was maybe 12 - 16 months old at the time also. Thanks for any help. Eva

+Quote Post
evagard
post 5th Apr 2009, 12:51pm
Post #4

Visitor
Hi - have found the information - turns out she was shot by a David Petfield - no former knowledge of each other or any history, pretty much in the wrong place at the wrong time - very sad. He was found to be insane and detained at her majestys pleasure. Still searching for the rest of our family though. Thanks for your help. Eva

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.