Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Airport Taxis, Cheapest way from Airport
tibbiesmom
post 5th Aug 2011, 07:06pm
Post #1

Settling In
Member No.: 6,329
I will be coming in to Glasgow Airport on Sept 28th and need to find out the cheapest way for 2 people and luggage to get from the airport to the hotel on Great Western Road.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 5th Aug 2011, 07:28pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
The first thing not to do is use the airport taxi's, they are expensive. Depending on how much luggage you are talking about, there is a regular bus service into the city centre and then you would have to get another one back out to GW road. By far the easiest solution would phoning an Annisland based private taxi firm from the airport arrivals hall when you get there. By the time you have collected your luggage the taxi will be at your meeting point. It'll cost you between 12 and 15 pounds for the single journey. The airport taxi's would cost about double that.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Heather
post 5th Aug 2011, 07:44pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Tibbie, here is a Phone No. for Privare Hire Taxis 774 3000.

I don't know how much they will charge for your destination, but from where I live in the East End of Glasgow I was told 19 to Glasgow Airport where I will be heading this week-end.
You can ask for a quote when you phone them.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
tibbiesmom
post 5th Aug 2011, 08:16pm
Post #4

Settling In
Ashfield and Heather, I can't thank you enough for the information. I will do one or both of these. The quote I got earlier was $30, too much for us. I am a returning Glasgow girl, Ruchill until 1962. I love this board!

Tibbiesmom

+Quote Post
Glasgow Girl
post 5th Aug 2011, 09:13pm
Post #5

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,419
In a licensed Airport Taxi Cab from Glasgow Airport to Great Western Road the fare would be 18/20 depending on where on Great Western Road your destination was. There is no luggage charge or boundary charge with a licensed Airport Taxi Cab.

--------------------
Triumph is temporary, glory is eternal.

+Quote Post
tibbiesmom
post 5th Aug 2011, 09:47pm
Post #6

Settling In
Hi Glasgow girl,

I will have to do more research on this as the first quote I got was 30 pounds. I thought this was a bit too much . I was last back home 2006 and stayed at the same place off Great Western Road ( near Gartnaval Hospital ) and the taxi charge from the airport was a lot less, even allowing for the passage of time the current price quoted is too much. Thanks for your comments!

tibbiesmom

+Quote Post
Glasgow Girl
post 5th Aug 2011, 09:50pm
Post #7

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,419
Hi tibbiesmom, my husband is an airport taxi owner/driver. The fare I quoted you is correct. Safe journey whatever you decide smile.gif

--------------------
Triumph is temporary, glory is eternal.

+Quote Post
Crewsy Fixer
post 6th Aug 2011, 12:27am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,545
QUOTE (Heather @ 5th Aug 2011, 08:30pm) *
Tibbie, here is a Phone No. for Privare Hire Taxis 774 3000.

I don't know how much they will charge for your destination, but from where I live in the East End of Glasgow I was told 19 to Glasgow Airport where I will be heading this week-end.
You can ask for a quote when you phone them.

Phoning from a moblie or cell phone, you will have to dial 0141 774 3000

+Quote Post
tamhickey
post 6th Aug 2011, 03:50am
Post #9

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,833
Another taxi firm you may want a quote from is Network, 557 1110. Tell them your cheapest quote and see if they can better it.

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 6th Aug 2011, 04:58am
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Tibbie,do you want to go in a Skoda or a Merc.If the latter contact M and M Executive Cars Bearsden and it will cost you about twenty pounds,and you will travel in style.They do a meet and greet.
info@mandmcars.com

+Quote Post
crunchiebags
post 17th Aug 2011, 01:28pm
Post #11

Visitor
Member No.: 10,958
Geez, only on a Glasgow forum board. How to save a couple o quid oan a taxi journey. LOL Love it.

+Quote Post
tibbiesmom
post 22nd Sep 2011, 02:02pm
Post #12

Settling In
Glasgow Girl please contact me as I have lost your email.

tibbiesmom

+Quote Post
*John Agnew*
post 9th Sep 2016, 01:02pm
Post #13

Just wanted to post to say, i had a great experience recently when i was on business in Glasgow. I had booked a taxi form Glasgow airport to my hotel and the service i got was first class. From the moment the driver met me at the terminal to when he dropped me back off, the experience was something i really enjoyed. The gentleman name was Michael and he was great for giving me information and advice on places to go. Not normally one for posting but felt as if the service was too good not to. Prob the best Glasgow airport taxi i have used. The company is called Glasgow Airport Taxi Company and he is based in Bearsden.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.