Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photos Of Garscube Road
Jupiter
post 17th Nov 2011, 11:26am
Post #136

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Martin_Glasgow couldnt manage the entire article but the Masonic reference at the start will not be lost to those in the know rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joxmac
post 2nd Jan 2012, 02:55pm
Post #137

Unpacking
Member No.: 4,443
QUOTE (Corry (Bob) @ 3rd Dec 2007, 02:25pm) *
Michael
There does not seem to be any photographs of Garscobe Road - Queens Cross - Firhill Bar.
I stayed at the close next to McManus's pawn shop (No776) between 1930 &1957.
The best picture available can be obtained from the Mitchell Library showing Springbank Primary School taken from the top end of Doncaster St ( shows a wee bit of the Gaspipe facing the Braymar Pub ) I can answer any ?s re this area between 1930 / 1955 for anyone interested. smile.gif

I see that in my family history my mother and father lived at 776 Garscube Rd 1930 name McCreadie. I am not sure how long they lived there. Later they ended up in Copland Rd

+Quote Post
**Fifer**
post 17th Dec 2012, 09:00pm
Post #138

QUOTE (AnneTeak @ 20th May 2009, 08:57am) *
Maybe I've asked this before on the Board but does anyone know why the school in Garscube Road was known as the Normal School or was this a family nickname?

Found out why Dundas Vale Primary was called the Normal School

"Here too, from the 1840s, was David Stow's Free Church Normal School for training teachers."

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/story.php?id=TGSDG14

+Quote Post
*katie dye*
post 14th Jan 2013, 05:29pm
Post #139

I am trying to trace family members. My mother's father was George Brown and he was born roughly 1890, lived in Govan area. His first wife was from maryhill and was a pawnbroker, so guessing probably from 1910's onwards. George also had a pub in Glasgow, Dublin and restaurant in London.

+Quote Post
*joan crawford*
post 4th Jul 2014, 10:22am
Post #140

QUOTE (Dimairt @ 19th Feb 2010, 08:23pm) *
Is this it?

Le durachd,

Eddy

I lived in 334 and 384 at the Round Toll Garscube Road . First time I have seen a photo of it thank you.

Joan.

+Quote Post
*margaret kinghorn*
post 3rd Aug 2014, 01:08pm
Post #141

QUOTE (Joxmac @ 2nd Jan 2012, 02:55pm) *
I see that in my family history my mother and father lived at 776 Garscube Rd 1930 name McCreadie. I am not sure how long they lived there. Later they ended up in Copland Rd

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 3rd Aug 2014, 01:22pm
Post #142

QUOTE (Joxmac @ 2nd Jan 2012, 02:55pm) *

my mother was Margaret Mcready from Garscube RD my Grandad was James Mcready his father was patrick Mcready i know its not the same spelling but they all come from this area i know my grandad had brothers and sisters i hope this is some help i have only come on this site.i have my family tree and i thought this is the same Mcready

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st Oct 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.