Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nurses Face Sack Over Parking Fines, Get-tough policy from health board
carmella
post 9th Sep 2013, 01:43pm
Post #91

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
David, John is correct - these 'fines' are unenforceable, only traffic wardens and the police can issue by law fines. These private companies dress them up as 'fines' but they are charges and very expensive ones at that.

I have never been at the receiving end of these, fingers crossed.

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 9th Sep 2013, 04:11pm
Post #92

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
QUOTE (Thomas @ 4th Sep 2012, 07:01pm) *
You're either a liar or a bigamist - that's my current wife!

LOL

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 9th Sep 2013, 04:23pm
Post #93

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
David I may have explained this before but Im sure you wont mind.What you have is a notice.According to the rat companies who run car parks you have entered a contract with them.That is baloney.Shamefully the DVLA sells vehicle info to these rat firms.Now they have a reg number pertaining to your car but and Im sure the V5 says that the name on the form is the keeper of the vehicle not necessesarily the owner.Only the Police have power to compel the registered keeper to reveal the name of the driver at the time of an alleged offence.You have not committed an offence and are under no such obligation.My advice sit tight do nothing dont even acknowledge them.They wont take you to court because they have no evidence against you.

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 9th Sep 2013, 06:02pm
Post #94

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
Thanks for all the info on private company parking charges folks. I'm really glad I mentioned it on here. I got another reminder this morning. The first bill was 40. There was one after that for 120. They now say it's 170. I wonder just how rich they get from this. They'll have to come and get me.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 9th Sep 2013, 06:10pm
Post #95

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

I had red letters from the 'legal' department, then debt collectors, all shared the same address funnily enough, they eventually stop when they click i'm not a numpty who doesn't have a scooby wink.gif

Ohh and i know a car park attendant who was shocked when i told him that the wee tickets he stuck on cars were not fines and were as worthless as the litter blowing about, he actually thought he had the power of the law behind him..errr no!

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.