Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

> Alec Cameron, Served with the HLI in Cyprus 1955-56
Raymond Bell
post 14th Aug 2019, 10:47pm
Post #1

Super Resident
Member No.: 3,677
Hi I know this is a long shot - a friend is asking if anyone knew an Alec Cameron who served with the HLI during the conflict in Cyprus 1955-56 - I believe that Alec has since passed and he had a web page where he listed his and the activities of the battalion during their time out there and I am told he may have published a book on their time out there - My question is does anyone know of the link to what was his web page and any ideas if he ever published his stories - His old army buddies were Jim Fury - Brian Sweeny - Billy McConologue - Jim lives in Fife - Brian in Devon and Billy in Australia - it was on the HLI Facebook page asking if anyone out there knew anything if Alec actually got his book published and more so any ex HLI boys who served with them reading this.... to post Thanks for reading this

Raymond Bell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jmac
post 16th Aug 2019, 01:41am
Post #2

Visitor
Member No.: 32,908
Hi raymond I was in charlie company with alex and billy mconologue in cyprus and worked with alex when we came home his son was also on the web I knew alex died some time ago.do you have an e mail address for billy?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 16th Aug 2019, 10:17pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (jmac @ 16th Aug 2019, 02:41am) *
Hi raymond I was in charlie company with alex and billy mconologue in cyprus and worked with alex when we came home his son was also on the web I knew alex died some time ago.do you have an e mail address for billy?

Hi jmac

A young lad, John Beattie, who lived in Oakbank Street, Glasgow, was serving in Cyprus in the mid fifties, with the HLI. He and some other off duty soldiers were murdered by so called Greek terrorists.
Did you know John?

Regards

Danny Harris

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.