Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photo Upload Problem
Jupiter
post 6th Jun 2011, 07:47pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
I had been using XD cards in my Olympus cameras but when I used the SD cards in FUJIfilm and Samsung cameras thats when I got problems uploading pics.
Back to XD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
benny
post 6th Jun 2011, 08:34pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
How are you uploading them? By direct connection to the camera, or from a card reader?

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 6th Jun 2011, 09:10pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Benny,images loaded on to picassa and therafter on to upload.Normally quite a straightforward process.

+Quote Post
benny
post 7th Jun 2011, 12:30am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Aye, but how dae ye upload them intae Picassa? Dae ye connect a USB cable from the camera tae the computer, or dae ye physically remove the SD/XD card, and place it in a card reader connected tae the computer by USB cable?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dunvegan
post 7th Jun 2011, 02:10am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,038
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 7th Jun 2011, 05:55am) *
I had been using XD cards in my Olympus cameras but when I used the SD cards in FUJIfilm and Samsung cameras thats when I got problems uploading pics.
Back to XD.

The two formats are not really compatible.

+Quote Post
Dunvegan
post 7th Jun 2011, 02:19am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (benny @ 7th Jun 2011, 10:38am) *
Aye, but how dae ye upload them intae Picassa? Dae ye connect a USB cable from the camera tae the computer, or dae ye physically remove the SD/XD card, and place it in a card reader connected tae the computer by USB cable?

If there is no SD slot on the computer you can get a USB connector with a card reader, cost very little. This, when connected, will appear in "My computer" as a "removable storage" item.
If you open it in "Picture viewer " and save the photos you require they will automatically revert to Picasa. If not, you can drag and drop. If your camera has "pict bridge", direct connection, you can also drag and drop to where you wish the photos to reside "MY Pictures "file etc.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 7th Jun 2011, 05:34am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
QUOTE (Dunvegan @ 6th Jun 2011, 02:29am) *
Not all cameras use S.D. however it is the most versitile portable media. Cant speak for Fuji but in the states a new entry level Canon 10 M.P. would only be about $70- $80 USD.

Thanks Dunvegan!...will check one out!

+Quote Post
benny
post 7th Jun 2011, 09:35am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
The reason ah ask aboot how ye transfer yer photies tae the PC is because if ye use a card reader, some are merr reliable than others. Ah've had card readers that refuse tae recognise some SD cards, but recognise other SD cards nae bother. The two formats - SD and XD - as Dunvegan says, aren't interchangeable, but some Fuji cameras can use both.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 7th Jun 2011, 06:52pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
QUOTE (benny @ 7th Jun 2011, 02:43am) *
The reason ah ask aboot how ye transfer yer photies tae the PC is because if ye use a card reader, some are merr reliable than others. Ah've had card readers that refuse tae recognise some SD cards, but recognise other SD cards nae bother. The two formats - SD and XD - as Dunvegan says, aren't interchangeable, but some Fuji cameras can use both.

Thanks Benny'....I checked that out,and you are right!...I checked out that Canon M-10 that was mentioned and it says it's an OK camera for it's cheap price..but I'll continue using my wee Fuji 100

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 7th Jun 2011, 07:07pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Benny I use a Medion Akoya P6618 laptop which has integral card reader and it takes all formats.The files go into a folder which is then selected via the browse button here.
XD is ok no problem.It just means if Im taking pics which I want here I will use XD camera.

+Quote Post
Dunvegan
post 10th Jun 2011, 03:56am
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (benny @ 7th Jun 2011, 07:43pm) *

"Entry level" anything never works. At todays electronic prices, a reliable brand name is never much more than the one you have only heard of in that store; IE, their own generic brand.

+Quote Post
benny
post 10th Jun 2011, 08:30am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Don't aggree there, Dunvegan. Ah've had many cheapo computer parts over the years that worked perfectly well, and many "branded" parts are sourced from the same suppliers and simply branded with the "leading" maker's brand name anyway. As an example, ah'm still usin cheap, non-branded PC memory that ah bought 8 years ago.
As far as dud electronics goods are concerned, the present spate of Chinese productions seem to be merr bllameworthy than their predecessors frae Taiwan, etc. It isnae that the Chinese cannae produce good products, it's jist that their quality control disnae seem tae be very good, so ye get merr faulty products in any given batch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dunvegan
post 11th Jun 2011, 12:15pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (benny @ 10th Jun 2011, 06:38pm) *
Don't aggree there, Dunvegan. Ah've had many cheapo computer parts over the years that worked perfectly well, and many "branded" parts are sourced from the same suppliers and simply branded with the "leading" maker's brand name anyway. As an example, ah'm still usin cheap, non-branded PC memory that ah bought 8 years ago.
As far as dud electronics goods are concerned, the present spate of Chinese productions seem to be merr bllameworthy than their predecessors frae Taiwan, etc. It isnae that the Chinese cannae produce good products, it's jist that their quality control disnae seem tae be very good, so ye get merr faulty products in any given batch.

Everything is from China there is no choice except for Korean made electronics but even my new Samsung moniter is made in China. Millwaukee tools, Metabo AEG, Makita, Sony, Wolkswagon Honda the list is as endlesss as the manufacturing sector; there is no choice; even high end brands are made there now. Genuine fat free water product of China in a major Australian super market. I kid you not!!! Some day when there no longer exists, a Western manufacturing base they will hand us all the bill.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.