Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows 7 Question, Plus a PC Tips Question.
Member to Member PC Help
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total registered members' Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 24th Nov 2009, 01:03am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,023
Anyone installed Widows 7 yet?

If you have, would you tell me, if you were using XP prior to upgrade, were all your 3rd party applications you used with XP, compatible with the new Windows 7.

btw I was thinking...... would it be a good idea to start a member to member "PC" topics thread where we could pass on PC tips for each other, ask questions relating to any PC problems we are experiencing with our personal PC's with the hope one or two members may know the answers or can give advice or links to sites that could help.

Would that be a good idea smile.gif or not? mellow.gif

cash.

This post has been edited by Cash-Ma-Giro: 24th Nov 2009, 01:12am

--------------------
Remember, just above those clouds,
the sun is always shining.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Angel Eyes
post 24th Nov 2009, 01:07am
Post #2

Settling In
Member No.: 7,743
Hi. Not only have I got the dreaded Windows Vista, I'm also new to computers! Any tips or advice you could offer me would be much appreciated.

+Quote Post
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 24th Nov 2009, 01:21am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Angel Eyes @ 24th Nov 2009, 01:05am) *
Hi. Not only have I got the dreaded Windows Vista, I'm also new to computers! Any tips or advice you could offer me would be much appreciated.

Hi Angel Eyes,

If you can, get rid of Vista. MS made such a hash of it by assuming the public is as technically minded as the guys who designed Vista, that they've produced Windows 7.

Anyway, it's such a wide ranging subject that you would need to ask a specific question first in order to receive a reply. However I'm not saying I myself could definitely answer, but possibly one of the other members could.

Have I started something here I'm going to regret? unsure.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wormy
post 24th Nov 2009, 01:54am
Post #4

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,990
I have been using Vista on all my systems not once have I had any kind of issue . I am sure that I can't be the only one in the world who feels this way . You can get rid of it if you really wanted to. All you would have to do is wipe your system clean..( or take it to someone who can ) Could I ask why there's a vote on this ? as I see it we the public can either upgrade or not . huh.gif

--------------------
Life is not a dress rehearsal grab it with both hands and enjoy !

+Quote Post
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 24th Nov 2009, 02:32am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
btw, I know, I know I put this in this post in the wrong board folks rolleyes.gif But at least it's to do with images in a way......"Windows - Images" get it? No?
Ach never mind then, please just vote a "bad idea"or a "good idea"
. smile.gif

QUOTE (Wormy @ 24th Nov 2009, 01:52am) *
<cut> Could I ask why there's a vote on this ? as I see it we the public can either upgrade or not .

Wormy, the vote is to see who thinks a "PC" tips/help topics thread would be a good idea or a bad idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
brian432
post 24th Nov 2009, 08:28am
Post #6

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,340
QUOTE (Wormy @ 24th Nov 2009, 02:52am) *
I have been using Vista on all my systems not once have I had any kind of issue . I am sure that I can't be the only one in the world who feels this way . You can get rid of it if you really wanted to. All you would have to do is wipe your system clean..( or take it to someone who can )

Must agree, I've been running Windows Vista since 2007 and never had any problems. cool.gif
Also got to say I think this thread is a good idea. smile.gif

--------------------
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband!!!!!

+Quote Post
mamie
post 24th Nov 2009, 09:10am
Post #7

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,364
I think this is a great idea! I know someimes I am stumped with a problem. and would love to get advice about anything I can;t understand.

+Quote Post
Angel Eyes
post 24th Nov 2009, 10:22am
Post #8

Settling In
I'm sure it'll be fine. I'd like to know if anyone can tell me for sure if I did manage to download Windows 7 if that would mean starting from scratch again, i.e. new passwords, etc. Have a nice day y'all!

+Quote Post
Lennox
post 24th Nov 2009, 11:38am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,288
QUOTE (brian432 @ 24th Nov 2009, 09:26am) *
Must agree, I've been running Windows Vista since 2007 and never had any problems. cool.gif
Also got to say I think this thread is a good idea. smile.gif

I have had Vista since 2007 also never a problem, I think whenit came out at first people did not know that they needed a "patch" for what soft ware they have . Now if you buy something it is already Vista ready ..

--------------------

You don't have to live next door, to be a friend !

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 24th Nov 2009, 12:03pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Been running it since Beta, seems to be stable and compatable with running most junk. No had any problems working with it. or it working with me, it's not eegit proof, but certainly anti-eegit.

Good riddence to Vista!

Yon bugware should have never have been released on the corporate or public domains without a serious "does yer hied in" warning. It's the keechyist OS I have ever had the misfortune of running across.

Nae kidding, if you have yon vista crapware installed, take a sledge hammer to yer HD, proceed to beating seven shades o daylight oot it, an then git Win 7 installed, failing that Win 1.0 haw haw

Hard to believe that its nearly 25 years since the Windeas whurr pit in.

Attached Image

Looking at, just looks like a ripoff from the Amiga OS.

Jist how the in the name o the wee man did the world survive this technological trauma and get by with it!

In 25 years will we look back on Win 7 in the same way?

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 24th Nov 2009, 12:10pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Angel, if you are upgrading there is no need for a fresh install.

You can tranfer all yer bits and bobs over tae Win 7.

If you are not upgrading then it is a fresh install, starting frae scratch.

Jist follow the recipe oan the boax!

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
Lizziehen
post 24th Nov 2009, 02:26pm
Post #12

Super Resident
Member No.: 7,318
QUOTE (Cash-Ma-Giro @ 24th Nov 2009, 02:30am) *
Wormy, the vote is to see who thinks a "PC" tips/help topics thread would be a good idea or a bad idea.

I have voted and think it is a good idea. I've been using a computer 10 years and learned by trial and error, and am far from knowing a lot, by a long chalk. I have found trying to solve problems via Microsoft website very difficult and frustrating. A group of friends willing to help out sounds great. Sometimes a problem which is driving you nuts can have a simple solution offered by someone who doesn't think you are simple.

My desktop died on me and I have had my laptop 11 months, it came with Vista Windows Home Premium and having read so many complaints I was apprehensive. It has been fine. Well... there were some problems, the worst being when my Windows Mail disappeared. Windows 7 I know nothing about. I came from Windows 98 to Vista, never experienced XP which sounds to have been very popular.

+Quote Post
GG
post 24th Nov 2009, 06:35pm
Post #13

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
From Angel Eyes by the report button by mistake:

Ok for someone who's just starting to find their way around a computer, how do I upgrade please? What does it involve? Do I buy a programme upgrade and install it or what? By the way, brand new to this site, but lovin' yer banter!

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 25th Nov 2009, 02:52am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Thank you dear folks smile.gif

Would you please go Here from now on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angel Eyes
post 25th Nov 2009, 09:40am
Post #15

Settling In
Oh ma Goad! I just scanned my eyes over the info! If I'm going to do it, then I'll be needing a lot of help. Whether they'll have the time for it's another question.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.