Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

120 Pages V  « < 118 119 120  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
DannyH
post Y'day, 02:56pm
Post #1786

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Jul 2020, 02:04pm) *
How others see us, an interesting piece from the New York Times that the Glasgow Evening Times would never publish.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/world/eu...nd-england.html

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 03:08pm
Post #1787

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Jul 2020, 02:04pm) *
How others see us, an interesting piece from the New York Times that the Glasgow Evening Times would never publish.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/world/eu...nd-england.html

Jagz, the Glasgow Evening Times doesn’t exist The Glasgow Times does. Nicola Sturgeon writes a weekly column in it

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 05:32pm
Post #1788

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 11th Jul 2020, 04:08pm) *
Jagz, the Glasgow Evening Times doesn’t exist The Glasgow Times does. Nicola Sturgeon writes a weekly column in it

Danny

I stand corrected Danny, i haven't bought it for decades so i couldn't tell you who has a column in it.

Any comment on the NYT piece?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 06:12pm
Post #1789

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Jul 2020, 06:32pm) *
I stand corrected Danny, i haven't bought it for decades so i couldn't tell you who has a column in it.

Any comment on the NYT piece?

Regarding the NYT piece, I have no comment to make. What I would like to know is, if you haven’t read the Glasgow Evening Times, now the Glasgow Times, for years, what was the point of your original post? I am baffled.

By the way, in addition to Nicola Sturgeon’s weekly column, this newspaper has weekly contributions from members of other political parties.

Danny

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post Y'day, 08:28pm
Post #1790

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
I liked this quote from the NYT article

“But a lot of what she now does is all about getting independence. Her talents would be better used if she could just lead the country.”

Of course the rocks will melt from the sun before that happens.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 10:21pm
Post #1791

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 11th Jul 2020, 09:28pm) *
I liked this quote from the NYT article

“But a lot of what she now does is all about getting independence. Her talents would be better used if she could just lead the country.”

Of course the rocks will melt from the sun before that happens.

“She is a fantastic politician,” said Nic Wood, the owner of the Cold Town House, who invited her to visit his pub. “But a lot of what she now does is all about getting independence. Her talents would be better used if she could just lead the country.”

Why don't you quote in context ? What is your point about her leading the country? You, sir (Airdrie terminology) are a shyster!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 118 119 120
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.