Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marlborough House Memories
colmac40
post 1st May 2011, 11:45pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 10,838
Would really like to hear from anyone with memories, photographs etc. of the Marlborough House in Shawlands.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Melody
post 18th May 2011, 08:47am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
I remember attending a twenty first birthday party in there colmac 40. It must have been in the late sixties. smile.gif

+Quote Post
*A. J. Young*
post 18th Oct 2015, 03:48pm
Post #3

Hi, I believe that it was operated, in inter war years by a chef/ caterer called Reid; he also operated the charing cross hotel, and published a cook book. The book was in the possession of my mother. Any information that would allow me to access and acquire a copy of this book would be appreciated.

ajyou@btinternet.com

+Quote Post
marydee
post 18th Oct 2015, 10:26pm
Post #4

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,766
A F Reid the caterer had premises at Victoria Rd near McNee's Bar and while this firm catered for parties of hundreds they would also do ' hoose weddings ' for as few as twenty. My mother worked for Reids in the 50's and 60's and because she was a silver service waitress much of her work was in the Malborough. There was only her and I and if she was working at a wedding on a Saturday I was left in alone and I used to wait up for her coming in shoes in hand, feet killing her and the waitress dress and apron to wash, dry and iron before she would get her pay the following Tuesday. The goodies if there were any were worth staying up for marzipan fruits, sugared fruits, tiny wee sausages and wee sausage rolls.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.